Travel to India and get a taste of the rich Indian lifestyle as you engage yourself in volunteering work for social service and travel to some of the most exotic locations, discovering the grandeur of the country’s past. The Summer Volunteer Project has been designed for high school/university students and gap-year travelers as well as for backpackers who are looking for some travel and work experience for a short duration of 3 weeks.
Covering the cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Dharamshala and the Golden Temple City of Amritsar - the trip encompasses all important experiences offered by Northern India. As you’ll travel to India, you’ll get to know the land is much more magical than it appears in the pages of books and novels.
- You will get to volunteer in Delhi where you can play with and teach the street children while showering them with love.
- Stay and work in Palampur and help in day care activities along with construction and outdoor works in the picturesque Himalayan town.
- Travel to Agra and explore one of the Seven Wonders of the World - Taj Mahal.
- Explore the different UNESCO Heritage Sites in Delhi, including the Qutub Minar, Humayun's Tomb, Jama Masjid and more.
- Opt for the Goa Beach Week, and soak in the sun before heading back home!
The Summer Volunteering Program will give you an opportunity to spend 3 to 4 weeks in India, and get to know the country more closely. You'll get the chance to volunteer with the kids in Delhi and Palampur, and contribute effectively for their brighter future. You can use your creativity and find out interesting activities through which these kids can learn lessons quickly and remember for long.
Living at the Himalayan foothills in Palampur will surely help you to cleanse your mind and soul, as you'll get to soak in the freshness and try out yoga & meditation. Exploring the UNESCO Heritage Site will endow you with more knowledge about the country's past and the cultural richness that has been lingering here for centuries.