Make a difference by volunteering in shelter homes in Delhi, India. The main task of the volunteers would be to love the kids as their own and provide them with the care that they deserve.
Participants will have a particular schedule to follow as per program requirements, but they’ll be free to improvise. Being a volunteer, your main task would be to make them feel safe and secured. You can take informal classes and teach the kids how to draw or paint.
You can also organize some fun games that would be engaging and also help them learn new things. On other occasions, you can just sit and talk with them, know about how their lives have been, share your own stories with them and help them dream.
- A volunteering journey will endow you with experiences that you'll cherish for a lifetime.
- You'll get the opportunity to spread love among the kids and help them learn new things.
- Meet different kinds of people from all across the world, who have all gathered together to make a difference.
- Visit the Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Jama Masjid and the streets of Old Delhi, Lotus Temple, India Gate which are some of the popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites as well.
- Your noble act might as well inspire others to step ahead and volunteer for the street children in India.
Volunteering India, in association with local shelter homes, has been successful in providing education to more than 250 kids in New Delhi. Volunteers will have the main role of teaching at these schools, where the teacher-student ratio is extremely poor. Teach them about health and hygiene, about the moral lessons of not to harm anyone and not to steal, how to live a good life etc. You can also tell them stories, listen to their stories, and give wings to their imagination. You can make the most of your creative ideas and paint the walls with numbers and alphabets so that the kids can learn quickly. Activity-based learning methods will surely come in handy. Plan your days ahead, and keep the kids engaged as long as you are there.
While your steps might appear to be small, you definitely have the potential to create a bigger impact in the lives of these little ones.
Delhi is a metropolitan area in the north of India, and holds the urban district of New Delhi where the nation's capital and three branches of government reside.