Plan My Gap Year - English Teaching Projects from $225

PMGY offer a wide range of safe, meaningful, affordable teaching volunteer projects from 1-week to 6-months in Bali, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, Fiji, India, Madagascar, Morocco, Nepal, Peru, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand and Vietnam.

You don’t need any experience, just 100% commitment, and it’s a great way to make a difference while developing a fabulous skill or even working towards a qualification. The projects are very varied, from community centers to Buddhist monasteries.

Our programs run throughout the year. We have two start dates in each country, every month so you decide when you go and how long you go for.

Hi, thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately, we don't have the answer to your question (but now we'd love to know too!). We would recommend contacting the program provider directly, which you can do here: https://www.planmygapyear.com/contact-us .

Charlotte

Amazing!

I did teaching English for 3 weeks in Sri Lanka and it's going to be something I remember forever!
The program itself was brilliant, in such a short space of time I really felt like I had a connection with the kids and actually taught them something. There was help planning the lessons if you asked for it, otherwise it was down to you, which I enjoyed as it meant thinking of new ways to teach. You defiantly got out of it what you put in, so if you lesson planned for a few hours you would have a lot more fun and it would run smoother compared to improvising.
The house (London House) was so much more than I thought it was going to be! Such a lovely big house with areas to socialise and really felt like home. The Sisters were brilliant and everyone there really made an effort to get to know you which I really liked.
The weekends we were free to go and explore Sri Lanka if we weren't doing one of the trips which was good fun, there are lots of places to go that you hear about from the other volunteers.
It's safe to say I've left with some really good memories and friends I want see when I'm home.
I would 100% recommend this to anyone, there are different projects for different tastes and you can try out other ones when you get there.
Thank you PMGY!

When I was there, there wasn't a lot to do in the evenings during the week, but I know they have started doing more since.

About Plan My Gap Year

Plan My Gap Year (PMGY) is an award-winning international volunteer placement organisation based in the UK. We provide the worlds most affordable, need-driven and supportive short-term volunteer programmes across Africa, Asia & Latin America. Our...