IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable organization for Family Volunteering, offering the largest range of safe and impactful family volunteer projects in over 40 destinations around the world. Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 10 years, making IVHQ the world’s most experienced volunteer organization with the best safety record. With program fees starting from only $180, IVHQ makes organizing a family volunteer vacation easy and affordable.
- Costa Rica: From Turtle Conservation to Childcare, IVHQ's Costa Rica program offers a diverse range of project opportunities that are suitable for family members of all ages. Your family will be accommodated together with a Costa Rican host family, so you will get a first-hand insight into local living and the opportunity to practise your Spanish and sample home-cooked cuisine.
- Bali: As one of IVHQ's most popular destinations for family volunteers, Bali offers a unique and culturally immersive experience that is suitable for adults and children alike. Whether you want to volunteer within a kindergarten or school, or support construction or turtle conservation efforts, Bali is the perfect destination for a meaningful volunteer vacation.
- Kenya: Experience Africa on a family volunteer vacation, working alongside local people on impactful projects which support the long-term goals of your host community. Kenya is a much-loved destination for groups of family volunteers, giving you the chance to live together in a local homestay, while supporting a diverse range of projects within the local community.
- Ghana: Ghana is a much-love destination for groups of family volunteers, the local hospitality is unbeatable and the local team will ensure you and your family can have an impact on whichever project you choose to support. Construction, Agriculture and Childcare are all popular project options for family volunteers in Ghana.
- Indonesia: Get your family together to support conservation activities to help preserve the eco-systems and species on the island of Simeulue in Indonesia. This project is best suited to families with an enthusiasm for eco-volunteering and helping out wherever support is most needed.
- Guatemala: Based in Antigua, the Guatemala volunteer program offers IVHQ's largest range of volunteer opportunities so you're sure to find a project that's suitable for your family's needs. Enjoy the experience of living with a local host family while getting a first-hand, authentic insight into the local culture.