ISA Service-Learning is excited to announce new full-time and study + service-learning programs in Galway, Ireland beginning January 2017!
We provide the opportunity to learn about social issues that communities around the world face. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structured, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn first-hand how locals are addressing issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Participants create a service-learning portfolio, which is a compilation of reflection-based activities. This portfolio will provide a guided framework to examine your experience, develop an enhanced sense of civic responsibility, and demonstrate your professional and cultural competencies achieved throughout your experience abroad.
Each service-learning community-based organization is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about your options in Galway.
View Program Information
• Comprehensive advising and support
• Visa support
• Bridging Cultures Program, the on-site cultural and academic orientation
• Meals and laundry service
• Guaranteed placement with community based organization
• Full-time resident staff with a maximum 20:1 student to staff ratio
• On-site ISA office, computer and internet access (WiFi)
• Airport reception
• Cultural activities
• Medical insurance
• 24-hour emergency assistance
• On-site transportation stipend
• Project materials stipend
• Donation to host organization
• ISA Service-Learning Portfolio
• One year digital subscription to The New York Times
This program has not been reviewed yet.