Exchange and Experience Italian lifestyles with Joinki

Exchange and Experience Italian lifestyles with Joinki

Become part of the Joinki Language Tutor Program in Italy. This opportunity offers you a whole new way of experiencing cultural exchange, since you will be given the chance to be an active member of a true Italian community.

You will serve as an English or German language tutor to an Italian family in the Trentino Region.

In return for providing exposure to the language around 15 hours per week, focusing on conversation and some language tutoring, you will receive the following:

- Lodging and full board with an Italian family (three meals per day)
- Introduction and support from Joinki
- Italian Language Course
- One excursion every two weeks
- Free public transport

• enhancing your resume with a unique experience;
  • a truly cultural immersion program in the local community
  • free train and bus travel within the Trentino Region. Free admission to more then 40 museums, 15 castles and over 40 attractio
  • developing professional and technical skill
  • Improving personal relationships
Europe » Italy
Europe
Project Types
Year Round
EUR
Visit our website for more details on the program.

Kerstin
Regensburg

Amazing experience

The joinki Program is perfect for anyone who wants to spend amazing time abroad. The family the organization picked for me is perfect for my needs! They did an amazing job. I have the opportunity to see an other side of Europe, a different part of the world. Nature in this area is amazing and I went hiking several times to enjoy the great panorama. I'm so thankful for the support I receive from the organization, but also from my hostfamily. I can teach my language and spread my knowledge, while enjoying the new experience. If you want to challenge yourself and are up for something new I would recommend this experience for you !

Kristina
Canada
Simon Fraser University

Ti Amo Italia

This experience was the best memory of my summer. I was teaching English, hiking, travelling, getting to know so many interesting people.
Besides the benefits I have received from this program and I had a joy of giving back my English skills. I can't describe how happy I was seeing the progress in English of my students.
I left Italy filled with a lot of memories and the hope that one day I will come back to Trentino region and will be able to meet my lovely hosting family and amazing team of JOINKI again. And also a very special thank you to Sabrina who was always there for any help we needed throughout the program.
And yes, pistachio gelato is the best.

Shelly
Vancouver
Simon Fraser University

Unforgettable experience in Italy

It's an unforgettable and valuable experience for me to have the chance to teach students in the primary school,middle school,high school and do culture exchange as well.

I lived with the host family near trento.They are really nice and kind to introduce me to their friends. And the three children are really cute and willing to talk to me to practice English and learn a little bit Chinese. I experienced the original Italian family lifestyle and also show them Chinese culture by Family presentation every week.

It is also a good chance to experience the differences among various education systems by teaching students in different levels and grades.

During the holidays or weekends, me and other tutors got the chance to explore Italy. Joinki group will take tutors to visit many beautiful places every two weeks and we can also travel by ourselves if we have free time.

Do not worry about the language problem, for the first few days, the member of Joinki will help you figure out problems like the transportation, library card and something you need to notice about the culture differences. The program also provides the language courses to help you learn some basic Italian.

And it's my honor to meet with the mayor at the end of my program. He's really nice and welcome more tutors all over the world can come to Italy to do culture exchange and help students there improve English or German.

Ophelia
University of Michigan

An Adventure Abroad

Over the summer I spent two months in Italy, learning, loving, and living in a whole new world. I made new friends, discovered new cultures, and taught English. I could not have asked for a more rewarding experience. Yes, there were challenges, and yes, you’ll probably spend a lot of money, but I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I cannot thank Joinki enough for giving me this opportunity to travel and learn.

I lived in Valle San Felice, Italy, a small village south of Trento, with my amazing host family. The scenery was unimaginably beautiful, but the view did come with a cost. My host house was literally up the hillside away from almost everything, where the bus would only come three times a day. However, even though my specific location was pretty isolated, my host family was incredible. Sabrina and Sara really take their time to match their applicants up with welcoming and loving families. My host family was amazingly sweet, sometimes loud, but always fun.

Teaching English to my host family and at the school was both challenging and very rewarding. My host family kids were great fun, but it definitely took some time to build up that trust for them to open up to me. At the school, I got to share my culture and knowledge, and help prepare students for their KET English Exams, which I recently heard they all did very well on. Near the end of my program I also worked at a local summer camp. Very fun, but also very sweaty.

I discovered Joinki through Aiesec and quickly found how lucky I was to have done my project with Joinki. If you have any specific questions or burning inquiries, feel free to email me at [email protected] :)

I met lots of new people from all walks of life and made a lifetime of friends that I cannot wait to see again in future travels. Also, pistacchio gelato is the best. Grazie Mille Sabrina e Sara. Ci vediamo!

Our new program in Trentino, starting from 2016, offers young people the opportunity to experience a new way of cultural exchange. At the very beginning selected tutors (English and German mother tongue) will be hosted in families in the Autonomous Province of Trento in order