You can now work on farms throughout Japan, including on the picturesque island of Sado or in Saitama Prefecture, known for its numerous sake breweries! During your volunteer placement, you will learn plenty of things and take part in all agricultural related activities on the farm. Quality and origin of food is of great importance to the Japanese and farmers strive to produce agricultural produce of highest quality. Free accommodation will be provided to you on the farm during your stay.
Your tasks at the farm may include (depending on the farm):
* Seeding, growing and harvesting crops such as rice, millet, corn or wheat.
* Working to care for farm animals e.g cows or chicken. You may also assist in preparing and selling their products such as milk and eggs.
* Cultivating Fruits and Vegetables. These may include oranges, potatoes, pumpkins, lettuce, melons, strawberries, peaches and tomatoes. You may also assist with selling the farm products in the farmhouse shop.
- Broaden your knowledge of agriculture by active participation in farm work activities.
- Stay healthy and enjoy nutritious meals produced directly from the farms.
- Engage, make friends and create wonderful memories with other participants and farm workers during your stay.
- Spend your free time traveling the beautiful landscapes and attractions of Japan.
Clean Climate Footprint - Remote Internships - Covid-19 Travel Update!
* We offer Remote Internships in many subject areas if you want to work from home and still gain international work experience!
* Covid-19 Update: Traveling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is now possible again! Contact us for Corona safety information!