Volunteer in Kenya - Go Volunteer Africa

Go Volunteer Africa's Volunteer in Kenya program is one of the most diverse and rewarding volunteering experiences, providing volunteers to get involved with a huge range of activities from construction, to teaching abroad and even environmental conservation. Whether you’re working in a children’s home or with remote tribes in Kenya, volunteer in Kenya program offers the chance to discover many different aspects of volunteering and make a truly positive impact on the lives of others.

Communities across Kenya face a wide array of problems; little or no available education, no access to skill development, inadequate housing, poor sanitation, unobtainable medical help; the list goes on. Get involved and lend a hand to help poverty stricken communities in Kenya.

With project sites across Kenya, Go Volunteer Africa specializes in reliable and challenging international volunteer placements abroad that make a real difference in local communities.

Shyan

It was amazing!

I went on a Go Volunteer Africa placement in Kenya, it was amazing! I was placed in an orphanage based outside the Nairobi capital, where I volunteered for 6 weeks. My Kenyan coordinators were very helpful and often went out of their way to assist me, and quickly responded to complaints. Living conditions were more comfortable than I expected.

I would rate them really high. The support I received and the experiences I had while in Kenya were so great and will stay with me forever! It’s hard to describe accurately in words my time in Nairobi it was an awesome experience. Thanks Go Volunteer Africa team.

Joan

A dream coming true

For me the idea of traveling to Kenya was a dream coming true. Go Volunteer Africa was my support team that guided me to Kenya. I could write millions of words about the details of my adventure but I would rather just boil it down to its essence and let you go explore the details on your own. No matter what life offers us, we must try and experience it with joy and to exist without failing to see the power in every moment. That is what the animals, the people and the landscapes of Africa taught me. Trust me, that is something you want to do.

Megan

An Incredibly Life Changing and Eye Opening Experience

I had an incredibly life changing and eye opening experience with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya. I didn't know what I would find there or what the experience would even feel like. There was no way for me to prepare for such an exploration, no past event I could reflect on. All I knew was that I had to go because there is more than just the world that I am living in, and that was what I was dying to see.

I have done some previous travel to different countries, but never for longer than two weeks so a month seemed scary at first. The Ugandan based office staff was extremely helpful and made me feel comfortable and supported throughout the process. The in-country support was also great. I loved cooking with my host family, learning recipes and songs in Swahili and really getting a honest look at life in Kenya. I also liked that we had time on weekends to hangout and really explore the area. I felt safe the entire time. I really enjoyed working with the kids and liked that Go Volunteer Africa is African based and had long standing relationships in country so the programs were sustainable. Overall very rewarding and I’ll take this time abroad with me in life forever.

About Go Volunteer Africa

We are a specialist volunteer travel operators based in over 10 countries of Africa. We specialize in tailor made volunteer and travel trips and we combine this with safaris in the wilderness of Africa. Most of the volunteer program packages we offer...