Volunteer in Kenya - Go Volunteer Africa

I at volunteer project in Kenya
I at volunteer project in Kenya

Go Volunteer Africa's Volunteer in Kenya program is one of the most diverse and rewarding volunteering experiences, providing volunteers to get involved with a huge range of activities from construction, to teaching abroad and even environmental conservation. Whether you’re working in a children’s home or with remote tribes in Kenya, volunteer in Kenya program offers the chance to discover many different aspects of volunteering and make a truly positive impact on the lives of others.

Communities across Kenya face a wide array of problems; little or no available education, no access to skill development, inadequate housing, poor sanitation, unobtainable medical help; the list goes on. Get involved and lend a hand to help poverty stricken communities in Kenya.

With project sites across Kenya, Go Volunteer Africa specializes in reliable and challenging international volunteer placements abroad that make a real difference in local communities.

Stuart

positive experience with Go Volunteer Africa

I had a really positive experience with Go Volunteer Africa. The level of support and friendship I received from GVA staff members and fellow volunteers made this an incredibly rewarding and positive experience.

I researched a lot of organizations before I went to Kenya, some of which were cheaper and some better organized than Go Volunteer Africa, but I really wanted an organization that was part of the community.

It was such an amazing experience and I got so much more out of it than I thought, the cultural immersion, chatting with the kids, sharing meals with local families all made me feel so much more than a tourist or even a volunteer, I really felt part of the project.

I was in Kenya for 4 weeks and then traveled to Tanzania for another 2 weeks. I would recommend Go Volunteer Africa to anyone but if they do not have what you are looking for just get out there and do it you will not regret it!

Amie
No, I don't recommend this program

This company is a scam

This company scammed us out of all our money and did not provide a volunteer program. They put our safety at risk and did not apologise for wasting our money and the disaster which they left us in. The facilities were completely inadequate, the 3 meals per day which were advertised were not included. Our home which we refused to stay in was in an unsafe area and we were going to be left alone with no way to communicate to anyone. They did not create a volunteer program and passed us off onto another company named Sacola. All of their reviews are fake and they have not had any clients in months.

Stop scamming people out of money. You did not provide a volunteer program and put our safety at risk. You took 90% of the profits and put our safety at risk.
Joz

we had a fabulous trip

We have participated in Go Volunteer Africa’s family volunteer and explore program in Mombasa, Kenya for 15 days and we really enjoyed our time with them.

Tim our Coordinator answered every question and request for changes very fast and patiently. So he planned the perfect program for us and volunteer guesthouse in Mombasa was really the perfect wish for our family.

Salim, our Project Manager and Guide was very professional and really knows how to care for the family with little children. Salim is very knowledgeable and friendly. We shared many life experiences and the evening beach time was so awesome.

We got involved in a coast school and we spend most of the days painting and playing sports with the school children and our kids had a great time there too. In short, we had a great trip. We would therefore heartily recommend Go Volunteer Africa.

Beccky

Unforgettable Awesome Experience

I have just returned from a volunteering experience with Go Volunteer Africa at an orphanage and childcare centre near Nairobi. From start to finish the experience was unforgettable. On arrival I was instantly made to feel at home. The staff and other volunteers were really happy to have an extra hand of help and the management answered any questions we had and they guided us well.

I felt comfortable in my surroundings. Before starting work at the orphanage we were given a quick briefing which made me feel confident about the work we were undertaking.
Within minutes of arriving at the orphanage I had fallen in love with the kind-hearted yet cheeky children there. Their enthusiasm to learn was inspiring and their English vocabulary was vast, filling me with confidence that the Go Volunteer Africa volunteers were doing a great job.

The best part of the trip was the Masai Mara safari, watching the wildebeest was truly amazing. Looking forward to the best experience in Malawi with Go Volunteer Africa.

Shyan

It was amazing!

I went on a Go Volunteer Africa placement in Kenya, it was amazing! I was placed in an orphanage based outside the Nairobi capital, where I volunteered for 6 weeks. My Kenyan coordinators were very helpful and often went out of their way to assist me, and quickly responded to complaints. Living conditions were more comfortable than I expected.

I would rate them really high. The support I received and the experiences I had while in Kenya were so great and will stay with me forever! It’s hard to describe accurately in words my time in Nairobi it was an awesome experience. Thanks Go Volunteer Africa team.

Joan

A dream coming true

For me the idea of traveling to Kenya was a dream coming true. Go Volunteer Africa was my support team that guided me to Kenya. I could write millions of words about the details of my adventure but I would rather just boil it down to its essence and let you go explore the details on your own. No matter what life offers us, we must try and experience it with joy and to exist without failing to see the power in every moment. That is what the animals, the people and the landscapes of Africa taught me. Trust me, that is something you want to do.

Megan

An Incredibly Life Changing and Eye Opening Experience

I had an incredibly life changing and eye opening experience with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya. I didn't know what I would find there or what the experience would even feel like. There was no way for me to prepare for such an exploration, no past event I could reflect on. All I knew was that I had to go because there is more than just the world that I am living in, and that was what I was dying to see.

I have done some previous travel to different countries, but never for longer than two weeks so a month seemed scary at first. The Ugandan based office staff was extremely helpful and made me feel comfortable and supported throughout the process. The in-country support was also great. I loved cooking with my host family, learning recipes and songs in Swahili and really getting a honest look at life in Kenya. I also liked that we had time on weekends to hangout and really explore the area. I felt safe the entire time. I really enjoyed working with the kids and liked that Go Volunteer Africa is African based and had long standing relationships in country so the programs were sustainable. Overall very rewarding and I’ll take this time abroad with me in life forever.