The Masai tribe has for centuries lived on the same land, refusing to modernize or migrate. They are mostly nomadic people depending on cattle and seasonal rain for growing vegetables and feeding their cattle green grass. Today, the tribe faces hunger, disease and migration of youth to urban areas in search of work that threatens to rob them of their culture and unique way of life. To prevent this from happening, many grassroots organizations are trying to bring development by establishing schools, clinics and imparting skills during training. The aim is to empower the Masai and make them less vulnerable to natural as well as man-made calamities. Through this development, it is hoped the Masai can still maintain their culture and the unique relationship with their land they enjoy.
Our programs in Kenya, Masai include cultural conservation, community development, teaching English and Healthcare.
- Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice.
- At $100, ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available.
- Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen.
- Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.