Join us for the adventure of a lifetime! Volunteers For Peace can place you on a team of international volunteers to share in a meaningful community service project designed, planned, and hosted by local partners.
Work project types vary by country but can include: environmental and wildlife conservation, historic preservation, educational and language learning, archaeology, organic farming, arts and festival projects, and social services such as working with children, the elderly, or refugees.
Projects are designed to combine service with recreational activities and cultural exchange – whether by visiting local beaches, learning local dances, meeting local officials, or volunteering side by side with residents of the place you’re visiting. Each project is unique, but they all share in bringing people together for the most meaningful travel experience you can imagine.
Projects are offered year-round. Most are offered in mid-March.
VFP can only place US citizens.
- Choose from a wide range of volunteer projects based on your interests and skills.
- Live, work, cook, and play with volunteers from other countries and come away with a new international network.
- Explore the place where you are volunteering and enjoy local activities.
- Work on locally identified priorities and benefit local communities.
- Be an ambassador for peace by sharing and immersing yourself in a highly intercultural environment.
Volunteers For Peace (VFP) offers programs that promote intercultural education, service learning, and community development.
We aim to empower host communities through cooperative work in environmental sustainability, social justice, and peace.
Volunteers get the chance to develop their leadership skills and build connections across the globe. We advocate for civic engagement and encourage volunteers to apply their new skills as citizen diplomats, community activists, and global leaders.