Volunteer as an environmentalist at Aay's Village from $139

Volunteer in Aay's Village
Volunteer in Aay's Village

80 % of all working Lao people work in and around agriculture. Hence, the effect on the environment is substantial. Forests that once covered 70 % of Laos, only covers 40 % today, and we are worried about the effect of big companies using chemicals to increase efficiency.
We need sustainable ideas and voices to help inform the people of Laos of how to live off the land without compromising it. We need to give the villagers a voice when meeting big companies. We need to plant seeds for the future of the children.

Our environmental program is for you who care about the environment (who doesn't!?) and want to grow mangoes, bananas, pineapples and what not in our garden, help out with plans and campaigns in the village, and join ongoing local projects.

Contact us and we will let you know what's on the agenda!

• jungle
  • rural village
  • off the beaten track
  • recycling
  • waterfalls

Amanda

Great experience!

I loved staying at Aay's village. The staff were very kind and accomodation was great! Lots of fun. Teaching english with Aay's village was great and I felt that I helped in improving the english skills of students. I would have loved to have the chance to get more involved in the environmental education - maybe next time! Overall I would definitely reccomend volunteering at Aay's village for anyone interested in teaching or environmental work!