This project is situated at Malawi's only sanctuary for orphaned and injured species. Home to around 200 animals, the sanctuary focuses its efforts on rehabilitating and releasing animals where possible and providing forever homes for those who could survive life in the wild.
There are 2 types of volunteer opportunities here: the first is for budding conservationists looking to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable wildlife in Malawi, where you will care for orphaned and injured animals, assist with animal rehabilitation (and release if necessary), as well as educating locals about conservation. The second is for vet students looking to gain experience in the field by working alongside the onsite vet, including routine diagnostics, health checks and more!
This conservation project offers the once in a lifetime opportunity to witness iconic African species up close, and help to provide a sustainable future for Malawi's stunning biodiversity.
- Care for the orphaned and injured animals.
- You could potentially take part in a release!
- Assist with animal rehabilitation to prepare for release.
- Work with the local community to raise awareness of conservation issues.
- Help make a difference to the local environment and wildlife.