Merida has become a huge favorite of foreign travelers in recent years. Known for its safety, its culture, and its proximity to famous ancient Mayan cities, it is the perfect location for you to immerse yourself in a culture while helping the youth of the Yucatan State. ELI Abroad works with a center for kids with issues such as cancer, autism, and other health and developmental issues. You can shadow doctors, work directly with children and their parents. Of course, you will want to have an intermediate knowledge of Spanish. You will live with a local family, and no doubt you'll see huge improvement during your stay.
- The amazing city of Merida.
- The rich and unique culture of the Yucatan.
- Work in an incredibly fun and fulfilling project.
- Immersion in a Spanish-speaking environment.
- Visting cenotes and ruins in your free time!