We are passionate about providing safe and responsible childcare, and adequate access to education, for each of the communities we operate in. Many schools that we work in across Africa are overwhelmed with a large number of students per class and very limited resources. The majority of these schools are staffed by only a few unqualified teachers, as well as local helpers.
If you are interested in childcare or education, or have a degree or experience in either of these areas, you are able to contribute meaningfully while assisting the teachers with ideas, knowledge and skills development, which enables them to grow as education providers and create long-term change.
African Impact's Top Childcare and Education Volunteer Programs
- Teaching and Community Support, Zanzibar: Live the tropical island dream while teaching English, caring for children, promoting gender equality, developing the community center and assisting with local conservation initiatives
- Teaching and Community Development, Zambia: Work closely with the local community and contribute to education and development, just a stone’s throw away from one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls
- Day Care and Community Support, South Africa: Work with local children as well as the greater community in a rural Zulu village of South Africa that is surrounded by wildlife
- Social Impact Experience, South Africa: Work closely with adults and children in a community shut off from the city, while completing a very special home-stay once a week
- Education and Community Support, Tanzania: Give back to those who are less fortunate in a rural town at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro. You will teach English to young children and adults, as well as support members of the iconic Maasai tribe
- Early Childhood Development, South Africa: Provide specialized support to local children in township communities during, and after, school hours, contributing to their health, safety, learning and fun