Many schools in Africa are overwhelmed with a large number of students per class and very limited resources. African Impact and teaching volunteers work mostly with Community Schools, which are staffed by only a few paid teachers and some local helpers. With placements in Cape Town - South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya, you will provide much needed assistance in classroom work to those who require additional help or may be falling behind.
Your help will not only benefit the children and have a significant influence on their futures but you will assist the teachers with ideas, knowledge and skills development, which enables them to grow as education providers and create long-term change.
You can expect days to be long, but you end each day knowing that you have given something back to Africa and made a difference, contributing to a better future for those you came into contact with.
- Teaching and Youth Development, Cape Town: Share your passion for education and love of working with children as you work with underprivileged and undeveloped communities in Cape Town. You are also able to combine this project with sports development, gender empowerment projects or working with orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Orphaned and Vulnerable Children Support, Cape Town: Visit one of the world’s most iconic tourist destinations and play a vital role in enriching the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children. You are also able to combine this project with sports development, gender empowerment projects or teaching.
- Over 30's Preschool & Community Development Project, Cape Town: Assist community pre-schools, work closely with disadvantaged children and help uplift the community through teaching, healthcare, building projects, sports development and support groups. Join like-minded older volunteers in beautiful Cape Town and use your professional skills and life experience to play a vital role in child development.
- Orphan Day Care and Community Support, Zululand: Living by the beach and surrounded by Africa’s most magnificent wildlife, a life-changing experience in rural Zululand awaits you as you educate and support orphaned and needy children and families in an underprivileged remote village in South Africa.
- Community Teaching and Street Children Support, Antelope Park: Enrich the lives of orphaned and underprivileged children as you immerse yourself in local Zimbabwean culture through direct engagement with the community. Care for, educate and inspire vulnerable children and experience a new sense of appreciation unfold in your own life.
- Orphan Care & Teaching Project, Victoria Falls: As a volunteer in Zimbabwe you can bring hope and smiles to the needy and orphaned by simple acts of caring, playing, teaching and helping, all while experiencing the beauty and adventures of one of the seven wonders of the world, Victoria Falls.
- Teaching & Lion Rehabilitation, Antelope Park: Work closely with local schools and communities, teaching and enriching the lives of children, and play a vital role in the conservation of the African lion on the weekends - all while living on stunning game reserve in Zimbabwe!
- Education & Community Project, Kilimanjaro: Teach, care for, and interact with the children and community of Moshi to bring support to this small community as you gaze daily at the exquisite view of the great Mount Kilimanjaro. Your involvement will change their lives, but most of all it will change yours!
- Teaching & Community Project, Zanzibar: Located on the east coast of Zanzibar Island on a pristine stretch of coastline, you will be teaching in rural schools and working on community development initiatives in the village of Jambiani.
- Teaching & Community Project, Livingstone: Based a stone's throw away from the might Victoria falls we invite you to offer much-needed teaching assistance at under-staffed Zambian schools and improve the learning experience for children who are falling behind.
- Teaching and Community Support, Kenya: Offer your teaching assistance to vulnerable children in the Limuru community in Kenya, many of whom are orphaned, affected by HIV/AIDS and developmentally challenged. Your extra special care and attention will help promote their development in under-staffed, impoverished schools.
- Teaching and Community Upliftment, Malawi: Offer your help as a teaching volunteer on the shores of Lake Malawi and make a genuine difference to the futures of local children. Your caring input will go a long way in schools that are mostly understaffed and weakened by poor infrastructure and declining education levels.
View Program Information