Many schools in Africa are overwhelmed with a large number of students per class and very limited resources. African Impact and teaching volunteers work mostly with Community Schools, which are staffed by only a few paid teachers and some local helpers. With placements in Cape Town - South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya, you will provide much needed assistance in classroom work to those who require additional help or may be falling behind.
Your help will not only benefit the children and have a significant influence on their futures but you will assist the teachers with ideas, knowledge and skills development, which enables them to grow as education providers and create long-term change.
You can expect days to be long, but you end each day knowing that you have given something back to Africa and made a difference, contributing to a better future for those you came into contact with.
- Early Childhood Development, Cape Town: Work in Cape Town’s underprivileged townships, educating and caring for children in foster care homes and pre-schools. By supporting this initiative, you’re making a positive, long-term impact on children who otherwise would not get the chance to access a quality education.
- Social Impact Experience, Cape Town: Take part in this eye-opening, part-time home stay experience in Cape Town. While faced with the daily challenges of life in a remote settlement, you will use your passion and skills to educate and uplift community members
- Orphan Day Care and Community Support, Zululand: Living by the beach and surrounded by Africa’s most magnificent wildlife, a life-changing experience in rural Zululand awaits you as you educate and support orphaned and needy children and families in an underprivileged remote village in South Africa.
- Orphan Care & Teaching Project, Victoria Falls: As a volunteer in Zimbabwe you can bring hope and smiles to the needy and orphaned by simple acts of caring, playing, teaching and helping, all while experiencing the beauty and adventures of one of the seven wonders of the world, Victoria Falls.
- Teaching & Lion Rehabilitation, Antelope Park: Play your part in the world’s first lion release program of its kind at Zimbabwe’s Leading Private Game Reserve 2017, Antelope Park. In between walking and researching lions, you’ll help teach children and support kids living on the street.
- Education & Community Project, Kilimanjaro: Teach, care for, and interact with the children and community of Moshi to bring support to this small community as you gaze daily at the exquisite view of the great Mount Kilimanjaro. Your involvement will change their lives, but most of all it will change yours!
- Teaching & Community Project, Zanzibar: Located on the east coast of Zanzibar Island on a pristine stretch of coastline, you will be teaching in rural schools and working on community development initiatives in the village of Jambiani.
- Teaching & Community Project, Livingstone: Based a stone's throw away from the might Victoria falls we invite you to offer much-needed teaching assistance at under-staffed Zambian schools and improve the learning experience for children who are falling behind.
- Teaching and Community Support, Kenya: Offer your teaching assistance to vulnerable children in the Limuru community in Kenya, many of whom are orphaned, affected by HIV/AIDS and developmentally challenged. Your extra special care and attention will help promote their development in under-staffed, impoverished schools.