Adequate access to healthcare is a basic human right. Yet, many in Southern Africa do not have adequate access to medical assistance. Should you be a medical professional, medical graduate, desire to spend a gap year in Africa or simply have a passion for helping others; African Impact has the perfect medical volunteer project placement for you. While access to resources may vary, African Impact focuses on a holistic approach to supporting the needs of communities with the goal of providing safe, effective and ethical care.
African Impact's Top Medical Volunteer Programs
- Medical and Community Development, Zambia: Gain practical skills in the health science sector by working with local medical staff and patients in clinics and in their homes
- Hospital and Clinic Medical Support, Kenya: Work alongside health professionals in hospitals and clinics, as well as offer healthcare advice in local schools
- Rural Medical and HIV / AIDS Awareness, South Africa: Gain practical skills in the health science sector by working with local medical staff and patients in clinics and in their homes
- Community Healthcare and Hands-On Lion Conservation, Zimbabwe: Make a difference in a struggling community by providing basic, but essential healthcare, while at the same time contributing to the conservation of the iconic African Lion
- Community Healthcare Project, Zimbabwe: Make an impact at medical clinics in Zimbabwe that have been severely affected by the current economic situation and suffer from a shortage of healthcare staff and supplies
- Occupational Therapy Internship, South Africa: Gain work experience in the healthcare industry while undertaking practical fieldwork alongside an occupational therapist who works with community members suffering from the HIV and AIDS epidemic