Should you be a medical professional, medical graduate, desire to spend a gap year in Africa or simply have a passion for helping others; African Impact has the perfect medical volunteer project placement for you. While access to resources may vary, African Impact focuses on a holistic approach to supporting the needs of communities with the goal of providing safe, effective and ethical care.
Volunteers on our healthcare projects are involved in clinic assistance, home-based care, HIV/AIDS volunteer projects, education and awareness, medical treatment observations and healthcare education. Volunteering in the healthcare field provides a way for volunteers to gain practical work experience, learn about new cultures and gain valuable new skills.
- Medical, Orphanage and Hospital Volunteer Program: Volunteer in beautiful Limuru (on the outskirts of Nairobi) and support a community hugely struggling with the effects of HIV/AIDS, poverty and unemployment. We assist local schools, orphanages and hospitals by providing clinic support, education and medical outreach.
- Rural Medical and HIV/AIDS Awareness Project, Zululand: Living in one of South Africa’s wildlife ‘hotspots’, provide rural healthcare assistance in the beautiful but impoverished villages around the town of St Lucia. Volunteers will visit local clinics and villages to administer healthcare and support nutrition initiatives where needed, as well as providing much needed HIV/AIDS awareness education and support to families living in poverty.
- Medical & Community Support, Victoria Falls: Working very close to one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls, join us in the bustling town of Livingstone; full of vibrant markets, friendly people and beautiful scenery. Volunteers here play a very important role in assisting nurses at local clinics and providing home based care.
- Community Healthcare Project, Antelope Park: Live in a beautiful game reserve in the Zimbabwe midlands and spend your days travelling to the surrounding rural communities and assisting with much needed healthcare administration and education.
- Gain valuable healthcare experience while assisting in medical clinics.
- Support community members suffering from long-term illness and disease by accompanying local caregivers to their rural homes and providing treatment.
- Participate in vital HIV education initiatives that encourage healthy lifestyle choices through workshops and health talks.
- See Africa’s most iconic wildlife on safari during your free time.