By Cross-Cultural Solutions   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Cross-Cultural Solutions: Girls' and Women's Empowerment

By Cross-Cultural Solutions   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Girls and women are often negatively impacted by cultural, political and economic challenges. By helping girls stay in school, and continuing a woman's education when she's an adult, you are giving them tools to build on long-term economic stability, social development and improve their lives.

These projects can include assisting in homes for domestic violence victims, supporting microfinance and development opportunities, and providing women and girls with health and economic education.

CCS offers women's projects in the following countries: Brazil, India, Peru, Ghana, Tanzania, Guatemala, Morocco.

Cost
Included - Home-Base Lodging, Meals, Ground Transportation, In-Country Cultural Activities and Excursions, Language Lessons, Comprehensive Travel Medical Insurance.
Not included - Visa, Passport, Flights.
500.00

Rating Values

Tonya
Raleigh, NC
East Carolina University

A Change of Self

Overall 10

Volunteering in India was one of the most rewarding and life changing times of my life. For one, the international travel experience and then the opportunity to meet similar volunteers from all over the world, and also host families and staff was so educational and culturally expanded my ideals. While there I had the opportunity to volunteer at the local hospital, help at a local school with computer education, and women's studies since I was in a rural area.

These memories are something that I will carry the rest of my life, and always share about the rewarding experience this opportunity provided me.

Price.
It is very difficult in this day and time to save that amount of money again.

LCK
Washington, DC

An Experience of a Lifetime

Overall 10

CCS Morocco Program: The CCS Morocco team was committed to making sure we experienced three program components each day: volunteerism, cultural emersion and vacation free time. Each and every day was filled with these three components. I volunteered during the first part of the day and then participated in the CCS cultural emersion sessions where we learned the history and cultural of Morocco, Arabic, and how to cook Moroccan food. We also went sightseeing and were fortunate to have as our guide a CCS Program Director who was a subject matter expert in history - what a unique experience!
Volunteer Assignments: The CCS Morocco team has estabished relationships with a number of organizations serving children, women, youth and others in need of help. Based on your interests and skills you are assigned to play an impactful, hands-on role serving those in need. I, along with several other volunteers, operated the children's activity center at the Children's Hospital in Rabat. I played games, led arts and crafts, and gave/received lots of hugs and kisses each day with patients and their siblings. I also had the opportunity to spend time with the Moms and Dads of several of the young patients, providing a little relief and distraction for them. I also spent 4 days teaching English at the Women's Center. I was so inspired by all of my students and their desire to learn.
Vacation Time: I was able to travel to Casablanca, Marrakesh, Merzouga where I rode a camel and slept out in the desert.
CCS Morocco Staff: The staff was incredibly professional and friendly. I felt very relaxed the entire time and was constantly learning something new and exciting.Other Volunteers: A diverse group of volunteers - college students, families, seniors, professionals, etc. It was great to meet and work with them! An experience of a lifetime!

No major improvements identified.

The Cross-Cultural Solutions Volunteer Abroad experience allows students and travelers to gain valuable experience overseas while working side by side with local individuals and communities to make an impact.

Since 1995, over 35,000 people have volunteered with Cross-Cultural Solutions, providing meaningful and sustainable volunteer services to international communities, and contributing responsibly to local economies.

Volunteers gain valuable experience working in areas such as education, healthcare, and social services. Visit the Cross-Cultural Solutions website to learn more about how we're changing everything.

Affiliations: AGA, USA Gap Year Fairs