Affordable Volunteer Computer Support Programs with IVHQ

As an IVHQ volunteer in Computer support, you'll have the choice of working in a variety of environments across 3 continents. IVHQ's affordable Computer Support projects are ideal for volunteers looking to gain international work experience, while sharing and developing their own skills and experience in Computer technologies.

Discover below 3 Computer Support volunteer projects currently available to IVHQ volunteers.

• Spain: The Creative Technologies project in Spain supports local NGOs in Madrid to develop their online presence and marketing materials to expand their reach and charitable initiatives.
  • South Africa: The Computer Training project in South Africa allows volunteers to make a valuable contribution to local communities by teaching basic computer skills, providing local children with access to the Internet and the opportunity to up-skill and improve their future employment prospects.
  • Cambodia: There is often a lack of local expertise in Computer Support in Cambodia and training opportunities are very limited and expensive. Volunteers are required to provide assistance within NGOs and orphanages to implement, maintain and improve in-house computer systems to maximize the effectiveness of their communications and help educate staff and children.

Spenser

Amazing time in Cape Town!

Our two weeks in South Africa were incredible and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The volunteering work truly touched everyone in our group and we will to our best to work with DTR to maintain a lasting connection with the local school. We taught basic computer skills, helped out with gym class, and even had an the opportunity to work directly in classrooms. IVHQ was very accommodating even with our large group of 15 volunteers and helped secure one volunteer house for our entire group. Outside of the volunteering our group explored all over Cape Town and took part in everything from bungee jumping to visiting Robben Island to shark cage diving. In addition, we were able to meet other DTR volunteers from all over the world. Overall this was an amazing experience and I would recommend this program to anyone interested in a rewarding and entertaining excursion!

I would be helpful to know more about the DTR involvement earlier on in the experience. Allowing some initial contact with the school we are volunteering with may have also given our group a better idea of what teaching materials to prepare.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Spenser, It was awesome to have your group volunteer with IVHQ in South Africa! We are delighted to hear that everyone in your group was touched by the volunteer work and that you all had the opportunity to explore Cape Town in your free time. Thanks for your recommendation and for being an amazing group of volunteers!

Afonso

Had a great time in Cambodia

Cambodia was my first time volunteering abroad and it was an amazing experience.
I was in the computer support program for 8 weeks and was placed at a school in Siem Reap. My work included helping the staff fixing computer related problems, helping build a database system for the school, configuring some parts of their network, among other things.
I left feeling I made a positive contribution and regret not staying for longer.
I also had a great time with my fellow volunteers, both in Siem Reap and travelling to other parts of Cambodia.
I absolutely recommend this program to anyone considering volunteering abroad.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Afonsa, Thanks for your great review! We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing first time volunteer experience in Cambodia. It sounds like you made some really valuable contributions to your placements. Thanks for your recommendation and we would love to have you join IVHQ again in the future.

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world.

Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...