Affordable Women's Rights Programs with IVHQ

Affordable Women's Rights Programs with IVHQ

By International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (1)   100% Rating

IVHQ offers 3 projects around Africa focusing on the education and professional development of local women. In Kenya and Uganda, volunteers work with women affected by HIV/AIDS, and provide assistance through income-generating projects, education and skills training. Many of the women's groups are involved in craft-making through basket weaving, sewing, tailoring and jewelry-making, and the crafts which they make are then sold in order to generate income and provide for their families.

The IVHQ Women's Education project in Morocco, aims to enable local Moroccan women to improve their literacy levels and to provide them with professional development opportunities. Volunteers in Morocco will focus primarily on education and teaching.

Learn more about IVHQ's affordable Women's Education volunteer projects below.

Kenya: Volunteers work with local women in and around Nairobi. Programs begin on the 1st and 15th of every month and last 1-12 weeks.

Morocco: Volunteers work with local organizations in Rabat, or in rural Moroccan villages and can begin their project on the first and third Monday of each month, for durations ranging from 2-12 weeks.

Uganda: Based in the town of Mutango, Women's Education volunteers in Uganda can begin the first and third Monday of each month for durations ranging from 1-24 weeks.

Project Types
$270.00/week

Hi Amber! I didn't go on this program myself but I went on a similar one with IVHQ which required no prior degree or experience. The onsite staff was very helpful in making sure I was contributing to...
What would I expect to need if I were planning to volunteer for around 3 months or, a rate per month if possible? And what would be included? Sorry for the brevity, thank you

Rating Values

Sarahellen
Durham, UK

The most wonderful experience!

My time spent in Nairobi, Kenya with Fadhili Community was one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. When I think back and try to figure out why this was the case, the same thing always jumps straight to the forefront of my mind. It was the wonderful people that I met each and every day, that have had such an impact upon my life that I dont think that I will ever be the same person that I was before I went to Kenya. I know that sounds cheesy but its true! The staff at Fadhili are the most kind, friendly, helpful people that I have had the fortune to meet, and I miss them so much even though its been 6 months since I last saw them.

I joined up for the volunteer placement hoping to gain an insight into the work of small NGOs and try to figure out if it was a career that I wished to pursue, I thought that I would do my 6 weeks placement, that it would be difficult yet beneficial, and that would be it, I would go and travel africa and see all the things Iv always wanted to see. When it came down to it, I never wanted to leave! And the whole of my travels I spent telling people about my amazing time in Nairobi, and how much I wish I could be back there instead of traveling!

The project itself was brilliant. I was placed on the Women's education programme, a subject that is really close to my heart. I got to spend most of my time in schools in Kibera slum teaching classes on sexual health and life skills to the young people there. It was one of the most rewarding things I think that I will ever do. At first I thought that I wasnt making any impact on the young people and just wasting their time, until I got a message from one of them, telling me just how much they appreciated my classes. It made it all worth while! I also got to help organise some one off women's education classes in the massai reserve, and at the gioto garbage slum. Both were volunteer initiatives and were really great to be involved in. The staff are really great with letting you have control over the things you want to do, and as soon as I saw a need at the gioto garbage slum for a class with the women, the staff were more than happy to help me arrange it.

I spent time with a host family as well as in the volunteer house. Both were fantastic to live in, the host family and house sisters were both welcoming and friendly and I really felt part of the family. Plus the food was great too!! :) Getting to mix with other volunteers was a great experience, as you are able to share both your triumphs and fears.

Overall, it was more than I could have wished for. I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all the staff, and let them know just how much I miss them. I couldnt reccomend Fadhili more! I'll definitely be back!

IVHQ (International Volunteer HQ) provides safe, unique, meaningful and extremely affordable volunteer programs in 35+ countries around the world, with a constantly expanding base. Programs are available in Asia, Africa, Europe, Central America, South America and the Pacific, where IVHQ works alongside local NGOs to