Childcare Volunteer Programs Abroad with Volunteering Solutions

Childcare Volunteer Programs Abroad with Volunteering Solutions

As the name suggests, the childcare volunteering program is completely dedicated for the welfare and development of unfortunate children. Volunteering Solutions provide placements at orphanages, street children homes, and various other childcare centers under the childcare volunteering program. These projects are highly challenging and rewarding at the same time. Volunteers will have to spend quality time with the kids at the center while playing games with them, helping them with their studies, teach them basic ethics of life, give them the much needed love and affection, encourage them to have goals in life and work enthusiastically to achieve them.

This is one of the most popular volunteer project chosen by gap year travelers, especially women travelers, and is also very much recommended for family volunteering. Volunteers can choose from a wide range of destinations to join the childcare program; including India, Cambodia, China, Morocco, Ghana, Tanzania, Nepal, South Africa, Thailand, Peru, Costa Rica, and more.
Asia » India
1 Year+
Project Types

Eva
Germany

Amazing time in South Africa

In April 2015 my adventure started. I was really ecxited to go to South Africa to make new experiences with a different culture and living standard.
I worked in a kindergarden for nine weeks. It was such an amazing time I never wanna miss.
On my first day when I came into class all the kids came to me and said 'teacher, teacher!', 'Hello, who are?' It was a great feeling to see how open-hearted the children are.
But there was one child who was withdrawn and quiet. So I decided to spend her more attention. After a while she talked much more and played with other kids, too. Her insecurity and and all her worries were reduced. To see such a development is still a unique experience for me.

Absera
Erlangen, Germany

Volunteering Solutions Review - 2014

-Volunteering in Southafrica, cape town -
My dream at the age of sixteen girl, being in southafrica and teaching there.

Seven years later, I couldnt believe it. I am in South Africa :D
Its is so beautiful- people, food, sun, landscape..everything.
-LIVING-
In my volunteerhouse, there were amazing people from everywhere. We spend breakfast and evening together. Noel, our father in our volunteer house, he is an amazing man. I learn about life so much. He is inspiring me for my life. I am so glad that I met him in my life.

-WORK-
My work at the ellerton primary school, it was a amazing experience. It change my view of life completly. How?
Me as a eritrean- german girl, who raised up in germany and who is origin from eritrea, could understand my life in germany over there.
Seeing girls at the age of twelve or thirteen and they doing their hair each other, my heart flourished!
Back in the days, I always wish that black girls like me are in my school. But I didnt get that. Seeing 10 years later, in southafrica, it was an amazing feeling. THIS IS WHAT I LOOKED FOR :D
At the same time, I saw that children have many problems for getting education. School money, money for studying at the university, money for themselves- the oppurtunity what I have in germany, its incomprehensibly.

Another beautiful experience is, how beautiful the kidz are. One situation, I will never forget in my life.
I : What you write it down?
The boy: I write NIKE.
I: Oh, nike. cool. Do you like Adidas, Puma, too?
THE WHOLE CLASS LAUGHING.
I: What is wrong?
Girl : We call it PuuuuMa. Not Puma. Beacuse puma means, go away.
ThEn, I Laughed.
After two weeks, one of the girls give me a cut out paper like a shoe and write abouve it: Puma.
Miss, this is your gift from our class.
I laughed the whole time. They steal my heart

sometime the volunteer house, there were too much people there. It was a lil bit not enough place.

Meida
yogyakarta, Indonesia

Chills down down my spine

When I was on my way to the voluntary house, I got chills down down my spine because I had no idea what awaited me, no idea what the real India looks like except from the pictures and movies that are popular in my country.

India is not for the weak, that's what people always said, it's famous for the dogs, beggar, trash scattered on the ground and all the negative things that I believe you already heard about India. It's true, well some of it, but WAIT don't suddenly packed up your bag, reschedule your ticket and flew back home to your country yet just after only a day and you think that you had enough. That's a big mistake, a really big one. Give it a chance, let yourself immerse in the hustle and bustle of Indian life. Because I will promise you that it will be one of the best trip in your life that you will never forget.

I was volunteering as a couple for Street Children program and it was such an amazing experience for us, the kids were so lovely, and we were amazed on how good they are in english despite their circumstances. The days went by full of joys and happiness. We taught them drawing and english and in return they taught us how to sing and dance.

The staff were also very nice and friendly, they made us feel like home, surrounded by family. But, indeed they are our new family. And we will never forget them.

Christina
Berkeley

India Living

I made very close friends while on this trip in India. I loved the elephants and seeing the magnificent sights. The children in Delhi were adorable, lovable, and thankful. The group leaders were orderly and I felt extremely safe! I think it was definitely worth the visit.

Lindsey
Lakeland, Florida
University of Utah

Working with children in Cuzco

I absolutely adore children and teaching so we decided that working in the kindergarten for the street children would be a great place to devote our time! It was so great working with so many sweet little kids they were so great and loved learning! I especially loved the play time with them it was so great! I also loved that we got to stay with a host family. They helped us to understand their way of life so we could connect on a better level with the children!

Yasmin
Sheffield Hallam University

Amazing experience

Volunteering solutions are a fun and supportive company that allow you to make a difference to children's lives who really need our help. I took part in the street children project last year in India. The children lived in very poor conditions but still had a big smile on their face and happy to learn. I met some very inspirational children and completed workshops on building self esteem as well as educating the children in s fun and engaging way. My house keeper was very friendly and welcoming and a great cook! I met some amazing people!

The programme was amazing however the one improvement I would make would be the amount of volunteers. I know this isn't directly volunteering solutions downfall, however I was the only volunteer on my project but either way i had an amazing time and would recommend them.

Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hello Yasmin,

Glad to read your review about our India program, it is wonderful to hear that you loved your experience. We aim to provide constant flow of volunteers to all our projects, so the support is ongoing.

Appreciate your input on this.

Thanks and look forward to having you on our programs again.

Team Volunteering Solutions

Tessa
Santa Barbara
University of California- Santa Barbara

Awesome and eye opening experience of a lifetime!

I went to India with Volunteering Solutions over my Summer break in 2015. I went alone and met with a small group of ten others from around the world. We were able to experience a whole different world together and see so much of India! It was organized very well and we were safely transported to each destination by the organization. The kids in Delhi were gorgeous and an inspiration to each of us. The sightseeing was also incredible! Definitely a way to get out of your comfort zone and experience something new.

More activities or things for the volunteers to do after their days of volunteering at the schools. The Palumpur location needs some help the transportation was not provided and the schools were not welcoming.

Tania
León Guanajuato, México

Delhi Times

When I arrived in India, I was a little shocked because I was on Asia for the first time... I didn't now what to expect once; I didn't know what was gonna be the work with the Children, etc.

But once I met the children I fall in love with them. I realize that children in Mexico and India, they are pretty the same.. they have such a sweet inocence, and they really see you as an example to be.

I realize that indian children are very grateful for working with them, playing with them...

I remember that the last day on the school they cried because we were leaving India, and we were leaving them. I think We really made empathy each other.. we forgot all the physical, cultural, national differences, we were just humans talking with humans.

I deffinetly can go a thousand times to Delhi again just to have a nice time with them. I had a lot of fun but beyond that I learned a lot...

Maybe the food. I know that is part of the experience to try the local food, but maybe its a nice idea to have some patience with the volunteers, trying neutral food.

Bethany
Shelton, Connecticut

My 2 Week Experience in Cape Town, South Africa

I am so glad that I discovered Volunteer Solutions. South Africa was the next place I wanted to travel to on my bucket list and I've always wanted to volunteer in a different country, so I googled volunteer companies and Volunteer Solutions was the first to pop up! I immediately signed up for Social Welfare project in Cape Town, and even though my parents were cautious at first about me going, the Volunteer Solutions profile and handouts made them feel much better about who I'll be traveling with.
Cape Town was an amazing place to travel to. I highly recommend all volunteers of any age to go there and see it for yourself! The beauty of Cape Town is surreal, the people there and the staff are amazingly friendly. I felt so much more comfortable volunteering on my own once I met them. They are great people who strive to see you succeed and be happy! There is so much to do in Cape Town and I honestly wish I had more than 2 weeks there, but unfortunately that was all the time I could get off work! I made the best of the two weeks by doing something fun each day after my volunteer project, like skydiving, visiting markets, shark cage diving, visiting wineries, and doing safari tours.
Our hostel that we stayed in was incredible. I felt welcomed and right at home as soon as I was greeted at the door. The hosts of our Hostel, Noël and 'V' were absolutely amazing. They always had enough food for us, made sure that we were satisfied with our stay, made sure we had safe taxi's every time we got transferred to and from the hostel, and always wanted to see us happy. They wanted nothing but the best for us.
I was stationed at a child care center called "Gingerbread House". The staff and children were so heart warming and it was so hard to say goodbye to them! I fell in love with all the children. They were the most patient, well-behaved, and friendly kids. I'm very happy I chose social welfare as my project.
I will most definitely be using Volunteer Solutions again in my future. It opened my eyes to traveling more and meeting more people. It was the best decision I made. I look forward to applying again and seeing their future posts about other volunteers' experience!

Sharon
San Francisco

Beautiful Country, Beautiful People

I have volunteered with volunteering solutions many times and each time, the experience has brought me amazing and unique experiences. This country is a beautiful one to visit and fall in love with. The Pro's:

I loved the assignment I was given. The children at the Creshe were loving and beautiful. The teachers were helpful and also very excited to have me in the class. In fact, my teacher taught me how to teach the class so that I could have the most enriching experience possible. I fell in love with the children.

The volunteer home was full of life. I shared a room with 7 other girls and this helped us to bond. We all came from different parts of the world and so it was not uncommon to hear several different languages being spoken at one time. I loved it. We all learned from each other. A total of 30 people shared our 5 bedroom house. All meals were provided from Monday to Friday. We would often retire in the living room at the end of the day to share stories, food, and experiences.

The city of Cape Town itself was full of beautiful people and a load of things to do an explore. My favorites? Climbing up Lion head, having daily walks by the ocean front while watching the sun set, MAMA Africa Restaurant, all the cheap shopping and food, learning about the history of the country, and interacting with all the lovely people. All were willing to help a lost volunteer find her way. =)

I would suggest taking tours of the country as well. The safari was an amazing time. My favorite memory though was visiting the townships and playing with the children. I've never gone to a country where the children ran up to me with open arms not expecting anything. One of the women in the townships told me, "We are the most blessed country in the world, we have everything we need." I was humbled.

I will definitely come back again one day.

If I had to change one thing, it would be... This is a hard one because I loved the experience so much. If I had to choose though it would be the hot water system. hahaha... If you weren't the first in the shower in the morning, be prepared to take a cool shower. This made for interesting mornings.

Natalie
Leeds

great time in peru

The overall working of the website is very good and it was really very easy to navigate. The staff was also very efficient in replying to my questions I had before applying with Volunteering Solutions. I also enjoyed working at my placement as it is been a very rewarding experience and I value the memories i have made. The children were great and I managed to connect with them despite not knowing much Spanish. The host families have been very accommodating. Food has been good. Overall my stay has been very enjoyable.

Volunteering Solutions started its operations in 2007 and has sent over 12500 volunteers abroad, and now has projects in more than 30 destinations across Asia, Latin America and Africa. Volunteering Solutions is dedicated to providing authentic, reasonably priced and meaningful volunteer programs around the world,