Become part of an inspiring elephant conservation project in the depths of the Namibian desert. Live far off the beaten track on a project aiming to reduce the difficulties for both humans and elephants living alongside each other in these arid sandy conditions. Your project will involve both building walls around water sources to protect them from visiting elephants as well as tracking the elephants through the wilderness to learn more about their movements.
Elephants live in the desert in just two places in the world, and so to witness them in their natural environment is not just a privilege but also something to get very excited about! This is a species that is desperately at risk of extinction and the work that you will be doing here will work towards changing this tragic trend.
Camp out in the desert under the stars, learn how to cook over a campfire and become part of a way of life that has been all but forgotten in most areas of the world.
- Live a nomadic desert way of life, camping under the stars and cooking over a campfire
- Track rare desert elephants, found in only two locations in the world
- Work with local people, making a genuine contribution to their wellbeing
- Live far off the beaten track on this once in a lifetime adventure
- Live amongst elephants - they could be just around the corner!