Community Development Projects with Volunteering Solutions

This project is suitable for gap year travelers and backpackers interested in helping build better community for the underprivileged to live in. Volunteers are placed with local NGOs to work, both, on field and off field. Under on field tasks, volunteers work to build homes, refurbish school structure, and various other construction works. For the off field community development work, volunteers can assist the local authorities in providing lectures and teach extra-curricular skills to people from disadvantaged background in order to help them make a living.

They can take vocational classes, educate and make the community aware about basics of healthy living, and much more. Projects under Community Development program are offered in;

Ann-Kathrin

Akwaaba Africa ! Volunteering in Ghana-Tamale

I was for six weeks in Ghana-Tamale. It was one of the best decisions I have made! I worked as a Volunteer in an orphanage. I had a class with 10 kids from 8-14. I really enjoyed teaching the children. We had so much fun together. I really loved every moment.

Our Coordinator Fred was very nice and helped us always. He didn’t give us the feeling of being just Volunteers, he gave us the feeling of being a family. I felt very safe in Ghana, because everyone is very friendly. It was great to try some Ghanaian food.

I had so many Highlights during the six weeks; the children in the orphanage, the trips on the weekends and the Ghanaian culture. We visited the Mole National park, where we saw so many and interesting animals of Africa, like elephants. We also went to the monkey village, the Kintampo Waterfall and to a slave camp. Actually the whole trip to Ghana was a highlight. It was also great getting to know all the other volunteers.

I would surely recommend this program to anyone. It’s a great way to volunteer in Africa and you won't regret it. It was the best experience of my life!

About Volunteering Solutions

Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions (VolSol) has been working with the aim of providing support to the underprivileged societies of the world in order to make a difference. Over the last 11 years, VolSol has placed more than 14500 volunteers across 20...