Global Routes has been a pioneer and leader in the field of immersive international programs for over 50 years. We specialize in developing Custom Programs for schools, camps, organizations, groups, and individuals. The New York Times named us “one of the most respected organizations in the field” based on our experience leading over 10,000 students and participants on life-changing programs all over the world. The Global Routes program model focuses on sustainable community service, immersive homestay experiences in rural villages, and authentic travel opportunities. Each Custom Program we design is unique to the group taking the trip and built from scratch. We can tailor any Custom Program to meet the unique interests, goals, dates, destinations, and budgets of our partners. Our experienced staff offers expertise in program development and group facilitation to support you in building out your dream program from conceptualization to implementation.
- Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- We have over 50 years in the field, an impeccable safety record, and deep relationships across the US, Central and South America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa.
- Global Routes handles all aspects of program development and logistics, including pre-trip preparation, organizing in-country logistics, and booking international travel.
- Program focus areas may include cultural immersion, community service, improved language skills, ecologically responsible adventure/travel, group dynamics, increased global awareness.
- We can provide professional and skilled field instructors to lead the program (if desired) with a 24/7 communication and support system when in the field.
“Each year students return from their Global Routes Service Immersion program with a thirst to travel, a broadened view of the global world they encompass as well as a new perspective on what really matters to them. These programs challenge students to think globally and connect with diverse communities. Through these experiences, students recognize how similar we all are, no matter the miles between us.”
- MARTA CABRAL, NDA HINGHAM
The impact of a Global Routes program is lifelong. Due to the focus on deep cultural immersion and authentic travel experiences that go off the beaten tourist track, participants are able to truly focus on their surroundings, develop meaningful connections, and tune into their own self discovery.
10 Ways The Global Routes Experience Has A Lifelong Impact Based on 50+ years of Alumni feedback
1. Inspires Career Paths
2. Excites Personal Passions
3. Cultivates Compassion
2. Improves Social and Emotional Intelligence
3. Increases Global Competencies and Self Reliance
4. Leads to Improved Academic Performance
7. Develops Leadership Skills
8. Enhances Critical Thinking
9. Improves Complex Problems Solving
10. Nurtures Global Awareness