Palms Australia’s global development program places skilled volunteers in long-term placements in remote communities to build the skills of local people. Palms Australia only places volunteers in communities that request their specific skills, which empowers them to achieve their unique goals.
Our partner communities in Papua New Guinea have requested qualified GPs and paediatricians to balance clinical work and teaching in the remote community of Madang. Over two years you will deliver expert training to medical students to relieve the shortage of medical specialists in the region.
Not only will you support the next generation of medical professionals, but you will develop your own capacity as you respond to the myriad of challenges that accompany practising medicine in a remote community.
- Strengthen your adaptability and resilience to challenges.
- Use your skills to help a developing community build sustainable solutions to poverty.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture by living and working in remote, mountainous Papua New Guinea.
- Accommodation, pastoral support, a basic living allowance, return travel and a comprehensive insurance policy provided throughout your time in the field.
- Receive Palms Australia's comprehensive, expert-led cross-cultural preparation training prior to departure.