Our volunteer program is a tight-knit family, made up of volunteers from all over the world. Our common goal is the Light and Leadership Initiative's education programs, increasing access to education to women and children in the outskirts of Lima, Peru. We take volunteering seriously and encourage you to read more about our ethical volunteering philosophy.
- Join a close-knit community of international and local volunteers and staff
- Choose a placement that suits your skills: english, art and music, chess, math, physical education, or technology
- Eat amazing Peruvian Food - all made fresh by our local chef, Dina
- Work with an organization that is more focused on the community than making money
- Work with a grassroots organization where your impact will reach over 500 people a year
What to Expect
Volunteers can join us from two weeks to one year and receive a primary placement (20-30 hours per week) and one or two secondary placements (5-10 hours per week).
Use your areas of expertise to make a real difference to children in Peru, choose from these areas: teaching english, art and music, chess, math, physical education, or technology.
No previous teaching experience required and no Spanish skills required for our teaching English program, but extensive training materials and on-site orientation are given.
Volunteer placement in Huaycan
Cleaning service six days per week
Housing & Meals
Secure housing is provided for all volunteers.
Volunteers receive three meals per day in the form of prepared or provided food. We strive to buy from the local markets as much as possible as a means of investing in the economic development of our community.