Peru Flood Response Volunteer Program

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from All Hands and Hearts.

Want to help Hurricane Harvey survivors? We can help you get there!

We committed to remaining in Houston for the next two years to help families return back to their homes after Hurricane Harvey, and we need your help to get there! If you commit to volunteering for at least two weeks in 2018, we will provide a round-trip flight from within the United States to help you get to and from our program. Additionally, accommodation and meals are provided regardless of your length of stay.

Volunteers Needed in Peru to help families affected by the flooding!

Destructive flood waters have destroyed homes, schools, roads and bridges across Peru. The impact has been vast, and due to the urgent need our assessment team witnessed when they arrived in country we have launched an immediate response effort focusing on mudding out schools and homes, and building temporary learning centres in the town of Huarmey, northern Peru.

• Transformative Volunteer Experience
  • Community Engagement
  • Help affected communities
  • Cross-Cultural Exchange

Laura

Life changing experience

I have been working with All Hands Volunteers for almost 3 months in Peru, and it is the most amazing volunteer program I have participated. It is incredible how much this project can impact an area, helping to rebuilt the community from the structural point of view to the economical as well. And it also an amazing experience to the volunteers to be engaged in this kind of activity, where you can see and be part of a work that is really a life changing one.

jacob

All Hands peru Response, AMAZING

I came here a month ago to Huarmey to assist in the flood response. I have volunteered before with all hnds in Haiti. the whole proccess of getting here was simple and easy. Once here it has once again exceeded my expectations. We have a greatbase camp with over 50 volunteers who are all awesome like minded people. Hard days and fun nights. Staff are awesome and welcoming. Many stories made on this trip and ive now exteneded for somemonths as i dont wnt to leave! You wont regret volunteering for this organisiation. And its free! P.S the food is great and local beers cold and good.

Full time up skilled first aid or medic on site.
Bogdanka

life changing experience

When I join AHV, I had signed up for only two weeks as I didn't know what to expect. It has now been almost two months, and I am staying an extra two months. I can't describe into words how life changing this experience has been and is still for me. AHV does make a difference for the community, for people in need, we see the change in their lifes and how grateful the beneficiaries are that we are here doing what we do.
The work is hard but being surrounded by mindful and amazing people makes it so rewarding. I do recommend to anyone to come and join AHV and rebuild hope to those in need.

More communication about what is the work the volunteers are going to do, before they head to the base. We are not really aware until we arrive. It would be nice to have a blog updated every week or two just for the volunteers that are about to join so they know what's on at the moment.
Ethan

this place is great

this place is great and everyone has such passion for the work they are doing. The staff are very compitent and always helpful. We were mudding homes after they had been affected by server flooding. Demolition was also being done on unsafe home. we are living at a great hostal with all the other volunteers and staff in which even after working all day you still want to hangout with everyone do to the fact that the people on this program are so wounderful

About All Hands and Hearts

All Hands and Hearts - Smart Response is a US based, 501 c3 non-profit organization that addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters by engaging and leveraging volunteers, partner organizations, and local...