Medical Volunteering: Most Trusted & Affordable

Medical Volunteering: Most Trusted & Affordable

UBELONG is an American social organization that is the world's leading organization for people seeking affordable, high-impact volunteering opportunities abroad.

Volunteer 1 week to 6 months and pick from 100+ projects throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe.

Make an impact volunteering on these medical projects:

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in safe, comfortable and vibrant housing and enjoy delicious meals
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 Volunteer Abroad program with the best reviews!
South America » Peru » Cusco
Sexual Health
Spring Break
Winter
Year Round
Without compromising safety or impact, UBELONG aims to offer the world’s most affordable 1-week to 6-month international volunteering opportunities.

Fees include:
-->Extensive pre-departure mentorship and support
-->Volunteering alongside locals on projects that make a REAL impact
-->Airport pick-up
-->Housing and meals
-->24/7 in-country support
-->Peace of mind from joining UBELONG, a social organization headquartered in Washington, DC
-->Brand name and networking opportunities that comes from being part of the well-known UBELONG Community

Volunteer
Houston, Texas
Rice University

Service Trip to Cusco, Peru

My first international service experience was fantastic, thanks to UBELONG. They made sure we were prepared before leaving for Peru, had good living accommodations in Cusco, and had a local support team to help us every step of the way. We had great volunteer placements in schools around Cusco and were able to make a difference with our public health education project. I had a wonderful time, and I would definitely volunteer with UBELONG again!

Madhuri
New York, NY
Cornell University

Public Health Education Project in Ghana

I am extremely grateful to have heard of UBELONG through Cornell. This was my first time travelling alone, and I felt more than comfortable with all the guidance and help provided by the UBELONG staff. They took care of me from the moment I signed up to volunteer, until I returned home from my trip. In addition, the projects they offer are great learning experiences. I came back home feeling inspired and energized. I will definitely be recommending UBELONG to prospective volunteers!

Sam
Houston, TX
Rice University

UBelong Cusco

Through UBelong I was granted the opportunity to travel to Cusco, Peru to work on a public health campaign for three weeks. Being able to volunteer and educate the youth of Cusco about important health and wellness topics was not only fulfilling but also eye-opening. The people I met and the experiences I had made such a large impact on my outlook on life and what I would like to do in the future. I learned so much more about myself and what it truly means to serve from my placement in Cusco, and I have UBelong to thank for that. I look forward to continuing a life of service and volunteering abroad again with this amazing organization.

The commute we had to one of the schools we were volunteering in was a little long, but to be honest, I do not really have any complaints about my trip.

Stephen
Live in Randolph, NJ
Cornell University

An Incredible Summer Experience in Ecuador

This past summer I spent around 2 months in the Congal Coastal Forest Reserve in Esmeraldas, Ecuador. I learned about UBELONG through my global health professor at my university. As part of my minor's field experience requirement, I had to choose a program for 8 weeks which included a health project component. I found these qualities and much more in the program offered in the Coastal Forest Reserve. I admittedly, had my reservations about the being one of the first health volunteers to work through the UBELONG program here, but went with an open-mind and that was all I needed.

Travelling to the reserve was a bit tricky with the taxis and buses, but once there the people, life, and work we ended up doing was fantastic. I had already been working in the emergency department of my hospital for the past few summers and breaks off from school so experience was not necessarily a problem. The language barrier was difficult to overcome because it was 3 years since I took a Spanish class or practiced speaking, but I caught on fast and was working all around the hospital within 2-3 weeks. I would recommend spending at least 2-3 weeks to become acclimated before trying to pursue an independent project because there is so much to learn about the surrounding town, history, and culture during that initial period.

Now about the work I did there, I really cannot expressions the gratitude I have for my program and its awesome and varied opportunities. I worked in the hospital three days a week either in the laboratory, emergency department, or outpatient shadowing doctors. In the lab, I helped with many different types of tests including blood and stool. Using the microscope to peer into the rich world of parasites in this part of the world was really amazing. In the emergency department, I was able to see all kinds of cases including 3 live births!!

These experiences were unlike anything I was able to witness in the States. Besides the hospital, I also worked along side a Peace Corps volunteer I met in town. I assisted her with 3 sets of sex education workshops to the local teenagers since these classes are not always taught in the schools there, which is really a shame in a community where teenage pregnancy and STD's are so prevalent. Additionally, I worked with the volunteers at the station on many environmental projects that included planting corn, painting schools, cutting bamboo, herding cattle, fishing, constructing trash cans, and picking up litter on the local beach. These activities taught me much about the environmental problems in the area and the steps being taken to combat them.

I could keep writing about this awesome place, but if you are interested in an adventurous, fun, and enlightening trip I would definitely recommend travelling to the Coastal Forest Reserve in Ecuador!! There are also many places to visit in the surrounding area, nice beach towns, and plenty to become involved with once you are there. Becoming immersed in the community is probably the best way to have a great experience so talk to people and be social!

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe