Volunteer Abroad Around the World in Multiple Countries!

Volunteer Abroad Around the World in Multiple Countries!

Volunteers For Peace is a non-profit organization, founded in 1982, that offers placement in over 3000 voluntary service projects in more than 100 countries. Each year we provide almost 1,000 volunteers with invaluable opportunities to strengthen their ability to communicate in diverse groups, explore grassroots leadership opportunities, and build cultural understanding and connections around the world.

VFP offers service projects that arise from a grassroots, community based need for adults, teens, seniors, families and groups. Volunteers can choose between Short-Term Projects (Also known as Workcamps) where volunteers from 4 or more countries come together for a 2-3 week service project, or Individual Service Adventures & Gap Year Projects (Also known as Medium Term or Permanent Projects) involve working with VFP to create a personalized 2-week to 1-year experience.

Volunteers can combine 2 or more projects to create a longer volunteer trip and experience many cultures!

VFP's placement fee is always $500 ($650 if you are under 18 years old) and must be paid at the time of registration. (If we can’t place you we refund the full fee!) Your registration covers placement, food, accommodation and work materials for your program. Volunteers arrange and pay for their own transportation to and from the project. Projects taking place in the developing world often require an additional fee in the range of $50-$500 payable to our partners upon arrival.

grace
Middlebury College

VFP rocks!

After spending an entire year searching high and low on the internet for an organization that would not scam me out of paying thousands to do volunteer work, I finally came across Volunteers for Peace, ironically enough based out of my hometown (though I had never heard about it before). As a 17 year old I was not hopeful that many programs would be available to me; or if there were international camps for minors, the price would be skyrocketed. As of 2011 the price for all teen camps was a flat $500, regardless of length, location, etc. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many options available to me and found my three-week camp in Germany. Chelsea and Meg are very helpful and helped my family to be reassured of my safety during international travel. I made 16 amazing friends at this camp and still keep in touch with almost all of them; in fact, this summer at age 19 I am participating in another camp through VFP in France, and will meet one of my German friends from 2011 in Paris before it starts. I can speak on behalf of a VFP Europe participant that the organization has reputable intentions and I look forward to additional projects with them!

Volunteers For Peace (VFP) is a U.S. based non-profit organization that operates within the global networks of the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), Service Civil International (SCI) and the Alliance of European Voluntary Service to provide meaningful cross-cultural engagement opportunities to thousands of