We believe that when you travel, you shouldn't have to compromise. If you are giving up your hard-earned money and time to come all this way, we want to see you experience as much as possible. That's why we've designed a handful of custom expeditions (centered around some of our most popular volunteer projects) that give you the opportunity to volunteer AND travel - our two favorite things.
We organize the nuts and bolts of every trip - accommodation, travel, safety, food AND fun - so you are free to explore while still doing some good in the world. While each expedition is completely different, you'll be supported from start-to-finish by our incredible team members across the continent.
African Impact's Top Expeditions
- Expedition Tanzania – Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar Tour: This 2-week volunteer expedition sees you enjoying culturally-immersive and eco-friendly activities in the Kilimanjaro Region and on the tropical island of Zanzibar.
- Expedition: South Africa and Mozambique – Safari and Beach Adventure: Spend 17 days journeying through South Africa’s best game reserves and Mozambique’s tropical coastline. You will get up close and personal with some of Africa’s most iconic wildlife while giving back through conservation efforts, and then relax by the powder-white beaches and topaz waters of Tofo.
- Expedition: Kenya – Teaching, Safari and Beach Adventure: Spend 2 weeks experiencing everything Kenya has to offer while giving back through education and learning about Swahili culture. Of course, a trip to Kenya is not complete without spotting lions and elephants in the world-famous Maasai Mara National Reserve and discovering a slice of paradise at Diani Beach.
- 3 Month Expedition: Southern Africa - The Ultimate Volunteer Roadtrip: See all the best that South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana have to offer on this 3-month road trip through African Impact’s project bases. With over 25+ adventure activities included in the price, this is the ultimate way to explore the continent.
- Expedition South Africa - Discover Cape Town and the Garden Route: Experience Cape Town at its most authentic by working with local children on sustainable projects in your first week, then road-tripping down the magnificent Garden Route in your second week. This is the ultimate way to discover all this region has to offer, while learning about Apartheid, heading out on safari and ticking off your bucket list (bungee, anyone?).
- Expedition: Zambia - The Adventure Capital of Africa, Livingstone: Immerse yourself for 2 weeks in the community of Livingstone, a Zambian town close to one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls. On the cards: eco-bricking, teaching, sports, art club, village tours by bicycle, extreme water sports, spotting rhinos and indulging in local cuisine. Welcome to the Adventure Capital of Africa.