Lion and Cheetah Sanctuary was established as a safe haven for animals who cannot be released back into the wild and now have a place to call home and live out the rest of their lives in a peaceful and happy environment. Our Sanctuary is currently home to Lions, Cheetahs, Hyenas, Servals, Giraffe, Zebra, Antelopes, Horses and many other species.
We have set up a release program, where some of our animals will be released into the various reserves around South Africa, ensuring the survival of certain species and ensuring that there is no interbreeding. Volunteers will have the opportunity to spend time with animals that are being rehabilitated for release at various projects and will be able to help us care for and work hands-on with the animals at our facility. Lion and Cheetah Sanctuary is conveniently located just one hours drive from Johannesburg and only 30 minutes from Pretoria. The sanctuary borders Dinokeng Big 5 Game Reserve which is Malaria free.
- You will get a hands on experience with wild animals.
- All the accommodation at the sanctuary is luxury.
- We are situated next to the Dinokeng Big 5 game reserve.
- We provide volunteers with the option of participating in various activities at their discretion.
- This is a Malaria free location.