Service Learning & Volunteer Abroad with African Impact

African Impact is Africa’s leading provider of Service Learning and Volunteer Abroad opportunities. Our curated selection of internships and volunteer positions offer individuals or groups the chance to gain insight into new contexts, grow theoretical and practical skill sets, and do work that is truly effective and sustainable.

Our professionals and students foster global citizenship, embark on international exchange, and create responsible and sustainable change by partnering with us in our efforts.

Our service learning opportunities are characterized by the transformation of individuals and communities, which come about through relationship and shared vision.

• Internships
  • Summer Courses
  • Faculty-Led
  • Service Learning
  • High School Groups

Emma

Unforgettable Experience

I had such an amazing time with African Impact, spending a month working on the Wildlife Photography and Conservation Program. I met like minded people who were interested in volunteering, photography and conservation. The staff were fantastic at making us feel welcomed, ensuring we were well fed and looked after. It was a home away from home. The guides were incredibly knowledgeable and were always keen to share information during drives, which made taking photographs even more interesting and exciting. During the program, staff were able to take on feedback and make alterations to better suit the needs of the group. I have come away with new friends, improved photography skills and a greater understanding of conservation and the risks animals like the rhino face. It was an unforgettable month and an experience I would recommend to anyone interested in making an impact.

This program was well organised and run. During the month I was volunteering we did have a reduced number of guides and a very large group of photographer volunteers. This did influence the weekly schedule with the activities that could be provided. It was unfortunate timing so I'm sure African Impact will keep volunteer numbers in mind with their knowledge of staff schedules (visa renewals etc.). The staff did their best to ensure there were limited changes to the weekly schedule, they worked flexibly and took on board volunteer feedback. Their efforts here were greatly appreciated.
Response from African Impact

Hello Emma,

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so sorry that the balance between volunteers and guides/staff was challenging during your stay - we do hope you still managed to experience every aspect of our project and thank you for your contribution to our programs there. We will definitely action this feedback and hope to see you on another our projects in the future.

The African Impact Team

Zoe

A Cultural Experience Like No Other

Not only have I had the privileged to experience African Impact Moshi once, but twice. I have volunteered over the last two years, in July-August 2017 and in June-August 2018 as a Skills Development Intern. I have experienced first hand what it was like to teach alongside such committed and enthusiastic project coordinators and teachers, and I was also able to form so many friendships with staff and volunteers alike from across the world. The dedication to the projects, the wellbeing and the enjoyment of the volunteer from the staff is amazing and completely inspires you to mirror such enthusiasm and positive energy. African Impact Moshi is not just a come and go project and organisation, but a place where you are always welcome - even after you leave, there is opportunity to stay connected and involved in the development of the projects across Moshi.

More support for individual needs, which can be done through connections with other education facilities for further education and opportunities for students.
Response from African Impact

Hey Zoe,

Thank you for this awesome review and for returning to intern with us. More supportive structures are in the pipeline in Moshi and we are excited to roll them out. Keep in touch and we hope to see you soon!

The African Impact team

Emma

Social Media & Marketing Internship

This was the perfect opportunity for me to learn about a possible future career as well as the chance to explore the stunning Cape Town.
The accommodation and staff are wonderful. The best part was living with people from all over the world and making new friends who I have already seen and stayed in touch with since returning home.
The office is welcoming and offer you all the support you need. The day to day tasks included working closely with the Marketing Manager to update all of the online listings, create marketing material, support staff with marketing duties all over Africa and promote the numerous projects that African Impact have to offer. It will make you want to volunteer on each one.
You will fall in love with the people and the country.
I wish I never had to leave.

It wasn't long enough for me to see and do everything that Cape Town has to offer!

About African Impact

African Impact pioneered responsible volunteer travel in Africa back in 2004 and have since grown into the largest provider of volunteer projects on the continent. Proudly African, they work hand-in-hand with local communities to establish, develop...