Disabled Care Programs with Volunteering Solutions

This is an opportunity to spend time with differently-able children put up at different day care and childcare centers across destinations. Gap year travelers joining this program will be contributing for the development of these disadvantaged children. Volunteers must understand that this is a very challenging opportunity and, working for this program requires a lot of patience and understanding. At the same time, working for the welfare and development of these children is highly rewarding as well.

Volunteering Solutions offer placement under Disabled Care program across 5 different countries; including, China (Beijing & Shanghai), Ecuador (Quito), Peru (Cusco), Sri Lanka(Colombo), and Singapore. The children at these placements have different disabilities, ranging from being mentally challenged, deaf, physically dysfunctional, autism, and even a few with cerebral palsy cases.

A basic set of volunteer tasks for this project includes;

• Taking care of the children at the center
  • Feeding them
  • Playing with them
  • Help the in-house staff in day to day work and other administrative tasks
  • Design an education curriculum that would help these kids grasp some subjects; in a play-way method may be

Daisy

Special Kids in Cuzco, Peru

I had the opportunity to volunteer in cuzco,Peru for six weeks, in La Escuela Don Jose de San Martin, a special-ed school.
Words can not express the happiness I felt there,not only i the school, where I was surrounded by special kids, their pure-loving souls, but to also in the voluteer house, where I felt loved by Luisa, our personal cook and 'Peruvian Mother' .
The program itself is GREAT.Jenny (local coordinator) is extremely helpfull, she answerd all my questions, and offerd me more things ( I am a Hospital Clown , she invited me to go to hospitals) and was attentive thout all rhe programm.

About Volunteering Solutions

Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions (VolSol) has been working with the aim of providing support to the underprivileged societies of the world in order to make a difference. Over the last 11 years, VolSol has placed more than 13,200 volunteers across...