Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Barcelona

Trusted by 90,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Spain and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 3 volunteer project options in Barcelona and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a dormitory style hostel in central Barcelona, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Barcelona, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Barcelona program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month.
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $575 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs.
  • The IVHQ Barcelona volunteer program has volunteer placements located in the neighborhoods around Barcelona, home to architectural treasures and tapas.
  • You’ll be joining between 5 and 10 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Barcelona each month.
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 90,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization.

Xinfan

An Awesome Volunteer Trip in Barcelona, Spain

The whole experience was amazing and unforgettable. Both the program manager and the local team were always helpful, and they were very experienced in dealing with unexpected situations. Other volunteers from around the globe were passionate and dedicated, and they are some of the most incredible people I've ever met. The most rewarding part was the time spent with the disabled whom I worked with. They made me redefine the way I see people with disabilities and break some stereotypes I thought I didn't have. They expanded my way of seeing the world and made my life and sense of existence more meaningful. Besides, I also had a great time exploring the vibrant city of Barcelona. I'll definitely volunteer with IVHQ again, and I would recommend IVHQ to anyone that plans to volunteer abroad. Be open-minded and open-hearted, jump out of your comfort zone and embrace cultural differences, your experience with IVHQ will exceed your wildest expectation!

Be well prepared in advance, be open-minded and open-hearted, jump out of your comfort zone and embrace cultural differences, your experience on this program will be absolutely beyond your imagination!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for such a lovely review, Xinfan! I'm so glad to hear you had an unforgettable experience on our program in Barcelona and enjoyed meeting all the other volunteers. It's fantastic to see how rewarding you found your Special Needs Support project too. We look forward to have you back on another IVHQ program soon. Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.

Eunice

Youth Support Programme

IVHQ and local staffs are very efficient and helpful with the application process. Local staffs are also very welcoming and are available to assist you whenever you need help. Although the project requires some last minute planning of activities for the youths and children, the project was very meaningful and it challenges volunteers on a different level. It's a whole new experience of volunteering where you can take charge of your programmes and expose yourself to the different cultures of the country where you are volunteering in. The youths and children there are also very friendly and open to learning. One week is definitely not enough and I will certainly go for longer trips in the future. Accommodation is also clean and modern, although the location of the accommodation might require some travelling time from town. Overall, the experience was great.

More information can be given on how we can help the youths before going overseas, so as to prepare ourselves for the activities.

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 40+ destinations around the world. Over 80,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the...