By Oggy Oggy Team   Reviews (1)   100% Rating

Discover Sri Lanka - Volunteer and Backpacking Adventures, Fully Supported! *NEW Program*

By Oggy Oggy Team   Reviews (1)   100% Rating

*Brand New Program*

Come and explore the wonders of Sri Lanka from wild elephants in the jungle, to paradise beaches. This is a gem of an island with so much to offer you’ll wonder how to fit it all in.
In Sri Lanka we offer some great volunteering backpacking options to help you make the most of your time here. Including:

- An Introduction week, where you can learn how to speak some of the basic language, understand the culture, sightseeing and much more.
- An amazing week on the beach, including a river safari, sightseeing, baby turtles and so much more
- A week of Yoga mediation and massage
- A month backpacking tour of the island where you are free to cherry pick the weeks you want to do.

How about some volunteering? Would you like to try:
- Teaching
- Animal conservation ranging from wild elephants to sea turtles
- Community temple building
- Community out reach

All of our Volunteer programs start from £150 ($200) and are fully support!

Asia › Sri Lanka
Guesthouse
Cost
Included in the price are: Project donations, Project support and resources, Airport pick-up on Sundays, Full pre-departure information, including travel advice, training advice and handy hints from Oggy Oggy Team members who have been before, Full support, training and preparation by our in-country partners, Accommodation and meals during the option that you've booked, 24/7 Support from the Oggy Oggy Team in the UK and our in-country partners, Wi-Fi and much more. Come and see our website for full details.

Rating Values

Marcos
Mexico

Amazing first time experience in Asia

Overall 10

I had an amazing 2 month backpacking and volunteering thru Sri Lanka.
From day 1 I knew I would fall in love with the country. Srilankans are kind, amicable, very polite and curious about foreigners. It is a Budhist country which makes it a very noble one.
From my arrival to my departure I learnt something new every single day. I had the opportunity of both backpacking and volunteering. I traveled to the beach of Ambalangoda and volunteered with the turtle conservation program. I also volunteered in Kandy teaching english to young monks and assisting in an orphanage.
The staff are all amazing and always ready to help and guide us through everything. The accommodation is simple but clean and spacious. The country's culture can be shocking and intimidating but in a good way. You get to see the world through the eyes of a completely different civilization.
My time there was full of purpose and meaning. Volunteering for orphan children or teaching monks meant learning both for them but I also learnt a lot about myself.
I didn't want to leave when my time there came to an end. The happiest I have ever been, would do it all over again every single year.

The only way it could get better is to have more and more programs for volunteers to participate on.

The Oggy Oggy Team is a social enterprise helping local communities through out Asia and the UK. We offer a wide range of adventures, from white water rafting, yoga, trekking, road trips, volunteering and more in Asia and Southeast Asia.

We also offer all of our backpacking and volunteer options for free under the swap – it option, If you would like to know more or how we can help you, please visit our website.

Thank you for checking out our listing, we hope you have a great day.

Staff Interviews