No tourist rides, no chains and certainly no dragging of trees! Instead only the happiest elephants and the most enthusiastic volunteers having an amazing lifetime experience. Be part of it!
Visit of volunteer at The Sanctuary for an unique experience, as elephants can roam the grounds freely, you can join for elephant walks, have direct contact with the elephants and you just know that this is the best place an elephant could be.
We want the Very best for the elephants and you can help. As a volunteer, you will look after the elephants, help maintain the project site and learn the local language plus how to create your own delicious Sri Lankan food.
We offer a lifetime experience with lots to learn about the Asian elephant and culture whilst having an amazing time!
View Program Information
- A shared room at the family house / home stay onsite
- Three meals per day from Monday to Friday (not during weekends as volunteers like to explore the island)
- Full orientation on your first project day
- In-country support and 24hr emergency assistance
- Assistance for visa renewal
- Travel advice and help in arranging trips
This program has not been reviewed yet.