As a volunteering you will stay at a comfortable tent on the slopes of Kilimanjaro near the Mweka Gate of Kilimanjaro National Park in the middle of a community tree nursery. You will cultivate tree seedlings and plant trees on deforested land of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
In addition, volunteers will participate in community work in the village. This involves helping farmers to harvest crops such as corn, coffee and bananas, building schools, bridges and re-constructing roads. Volunteers will also take part in creating workshops to educate school children and the surrounding village community on different aspects of conserving the environment.
As a volunteer you can also join lectures and courses at the internationally renowed College of African Wildlife Management in Mweka, one of Africa's top training institutions for wildlife rangers.
- Do something against climate change by planting trees on reforested land of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Live in our comfortable camp in the middle of a tree nursery in the tropical rain forest
- Fully immerse into a local Chagga farming community on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro
- All activities guided and instructed by a professional botanist
- Combine your trip with our other environmental conservation volunteering programs in Zanzibar, Kenya and South Africa.
Clean Climate Footprint - Remote Internships - Covid-19 Travel Update!
* We offer Remote Internships in many subject areas if you want to work from home and still gain international work experience!
* Covid-19 Update: Traveling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is now possible again! Contact us for Corona safety information!