Mother Nature Conservation Camp Zanzibar - Rain Forest & Beach

Creative upcycling - weaving with plastic bottle material
Creative upcycling - weaving with plastic bottle material
Community Work at the Village - building a school
Community Work at the Village - building a school

You can now volunteer in environmental conservation and sustainable development at two of Zanzibar's most attractive locations: The dense tropical rain forest of the Jozani Forest National park area in the south, and the paradise beaches of Nungwi in the very north.

At the "Mother Nature Conservation Camp" you can do ALL of the following activities, according to a weekly group activity plan, or choose your personal preferences:

* Marine Turtle Conservation
* Protection of the endemic Red Colobus Monkeys
* Conservation of reptiles such as tortoises and lizards
* Environmental Education for children
* Planting mangroves
* Recycling and upcycling activities
* Assisting a local community eco-tourism initiative
* Sustainable farming
* Teaching swimming to children
* Teaching English and other subjects at the village school
* Supporting community projects (e.g. building wells and improving the school)

• At Jozani, stay at our new adventurous yet comfortable Forest Camp in the middle of the rain forest or with a host family in the village! In Nungwi stay at our exclusive turtle bungalow directly on one of Zanzibar's best beaches!
  • Join 10 volunteering activities following a weekly group plan, or set you own interests and preferences.
  • Help to protect critically endangered species including marine turtles, Red Colobus Monkeys, and reptiles.
  • Weekly immersion activity into local village culture in southern Zanzibar
  • With 13 years of experience in Zanzibar, we are the island's most established, largest and best connected provider of volunteering programs.

Clean climate footprint when travelling with World Unite!

Did you know that for the CO2 compensation of your long-haul flights we are planting 10 indigenous trees on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania for each participant of our worldwide programs? These trees during their life will absorb around 10 times the amount of CO2 emitted by your flights. Per year we are planting around 20,000 trees on deforested land of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Florence

Amazing experience

My stay in Zanzibar was absolutely amazing. The staff members were always kind and tried their best to organize different activities for us to do. The camp was equipped with all necessities and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. I built some amazing new friendships with locals and with other volunteers. We all got to experience so many different things which taught us so much about the Tanzanian culture. Our task varied from farm work to teach children at schools about environmental education and planting trees. I stayed in Zanzibar for six weeks which was the perfect amount of time for me to get used to traditions, weather conditions and the work ethnic. As a conclusion I would say that volunteering in Zanzibar was the experience of a lifetime for me and I would recommend it to everyone.

The only issue that bothered me whilst being in Zanzibar were some visa problems that occurred which were not any staff members fault.