You can now volunteer in environmental conservation and sustainable development at two of Zanzibar's most attractive locations: The dense tropical rain forest of the Jozani Forest National park area in the south, and the paradise beaches of Nungwi in the very north.
At the "Mother Nature Conservation Camp" you can do ALL of the following activities, according to a weekly group activity plan, or choose your personal preferences:
* Marine Turtle Conservation
* Protection of the endemic Red Colobus Monkeys
* Conservation of reptiles such as tortoises and lizards
* Environmental Education for children
* Planting mangroves
* Recycling and upcycling activities
* Assisting a local community eco-tourism initiative
* Sustainable farming
* Teaching swimming to children
* Teaching English and other subjects at the village school
* Supporting community projects (e.g. building wells and improving the school)
- At Jozani, stay at our new adventurous yet comfortable Forest Camp in the middle of the rain forest or with a host family in the village! In Nungwi stay at our exclusive turtle bungalow directly on one of Zanzibar's best beaches!
- Join 10 volunteering activities following a weekly group plan, or set you own interests and preferences.
- Help to protect critically endangered species including marine turtles, Red Colobus Monkeys, and reptiles.
- Weekly immersion activity into local village culture in southern Zanzibar
- With 13 years of experience in Zanzibar, we are the island's most established, largest and best connected provider of volunteering programs.