You'll be based right on the beach in a vibrant fishing village on Zanzibar's east coast as you make a big impact, working to develop the skills of local community members.
Working alongside local teachers, you'll help improve the English language skills of young children and adults. These skills are vital to anyone wanting to be a part of the local tourism industry - the lifeblood of Zanzibar's economy.
You'll also work with local women's groups to help educate and empower them with basic skills to achieve greater independence, thereby lifting themselves and their families out of poverty.
Being based in Zanzibar, you'll be in the heart of a rich, yet fragile ecosystem which already attracts many travelers from around the globe, therefore many of the education initiatives are centered around protecting this environment for future generations and helping the local population understand how to utilize it sustainably for the benefit of their community.
- Live in shared volunteer accommodation, right on the beach
- Be based within the community in which you'll be working
- Make a lasting impact on the skills development of young children as you assist local English teachers
- Build on the great work of prior volunteers to continue empowering local women to rise out of poverty
- In your time off, explore Zanzibar's pristine tropical waters or venture to mainland Tanzania for safari opportunities or to climb Mount Kilimanjaro
Build on the great work of prior volunteers in this sustainably run program to continue the valuable impact made in English and other basic skills development, women's empowerment, poverty alleviation, and environmental awareness education.
Upcoming Start Dates: Paid Teaching in Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam & Myanmar | Volunteering in South Africa & Zanzibar
Thailand: October 28th | Closing September 2nd
Vietnam: November 11th | Closing September 16th
South Korea: January 27th | Closing November 18th
Myanmar (Burma): January 27th | Closing November 18th
Upcoming Volunteering program start dates:
Wildlife Conservation in South Africa: November 3rd | Closing September 2nd
Community Development in Zanzibar: November 4th | Closing September 2nd