Become part of an important mission to rescue, rehabilitate and care for abused and orphaned elephants in Thailand. Work hands-on with these rescued elephants, preparing their food, feeding them, bathing them and even walking with them through the rainforest. These elephants have all been misused by the tourist industry, and this is the first time that they can fully appreciate a life of freedom.
Alongside the elephant sanctuary is a rescue centre for up to 300 other animals, including monkeys, gibbons, macaques, otters, birds, bears and other animals. You can choose to work with these animals too if you wish.
Volunteers live in the heart of the sanctuary, going to sleep to the calls of the wild. You will be working 6 days per week, with one day off to relax and explore the stunning local area. You will be located about 3 hours south of Bangkok, close to the golden sand beaches of Hua Hin and Cha Am.
- Work closely with rescued elephants, helping to give them a life as close to the wild.
- Bathe the elephants before walking them through the rain forest, allowing them to roam and graze as they would in the wild.
- Explore the beaches and national parks located close to the sanctuary.
- Work with bears, orangutans, monkeys, gibbons, macaques and birds at the neighbouring wildlife sanctuary.
- Meet volunteers from around the world and make fast friends.