Volunteer in Uganda - Go Volunteer Africa

Volunteers with local children in Uganda
Volunteers with local children in Uganda

Volunteers wishing to get involved in our Uganda volunteer program will work as part of a team dedicated to a particular project pertaining to one of our program areas: Healthcare, Environment Conservation, Women Empowerment, Childcare, Orphanage work, Teaching, Construction work, Sports Coaching, Music and Dance and Community Development Volunteer Projects.

These volunteers have the chance to interact directly with the community by preparing and coordinating workshops and activities with local counterpart organizations, community groups, and NGOs whose goals are closely related to those of Go Volunteer Africa. They are also actively involved in the execution of educational training workshops and project monitoring and evaluation. Go Volunteer Africa’ Volunteer in Uganda program provides volunteers the unique opportunity to continuously improve program parameters and best practices.

Job

Honestly the best volunteer organization in Uganda

If there was an option to give this organization a 100 on the rating, I would have!

Does it sound too cliché to say my experience in Uganda changed my life and outlook? I spent 8 weeks in Uganda through GVA, my first 4 weeks teaching in a rural village school in Masaka and my last four weeks in Kampala with a youth sports club.

In Masaka I lived at the school teachers’ quarters and I was the only volunteer at the project. In Kampala I lived with a bunch of other volunteers from different corners of the world. I met the most amazing people throughout my 8 weeks and would do the whole thing over and over again.

Go Volunteer Africa was so speedy with responding to any concerns of mine and they sent me emails while I was in Uganda.

Crazily cheap prices for the programs and the weekend safaris and tours organized for the volunteers were extremely affordable. Patrick my Coordinator was an amazing guy, miss him already.

Kimberly

Amazing experience!

I did the special needs support program in Kampala for three weeks, spent four weeks with the administration team in Mukono, East of Kampala writing grant applications and I got a stint in the charity store in Jinja for one week, in total I covered 8 weeks with this amazing organization.

I have to say that it has been a truly amazing experience! Going into it I was quite nervous, as it was very hard to believe that they really offer free program as it’s advertised and it was my first time traveling to Africa, but I have no regrets in taking the placement.

I found out about Go Volunteer Africa online and it carried the programs I really liked, budget plan, and destination was better than other provider I was considering at the time.

I honestly appreciate the team in Uganda, very amazing people, extremely friendly and they were the best part of the program. They were available if we needed to talk to them for any reason, and they helped us in many great ways.

I highly recommend this organization, I lived with volunteers who did two or three programs with them in other countries like Rwanda and Kenya, and they also had good experiences before going to Uganda.

I would have liked to visit Kenya and work with the team there, but my budget was limited. I wish they could offer the same programs in other countries which are free or budget friendly. Many people will get involved.
Michael

Best program for budget travelers, students and people who have less money

I did a volunteer program with Go Volunteer Africa in Uganda and it was without a doubt the best experience of my life so far! I volunteered with a women’s group 5 days a week for two weeks and traveled around to see the source of the Nile and a Kampala walking city tour, which was all arranged for free by local staff.

Working with women training them about saving and microcredit program was so rewarding and inspiring! The women really appreciate you and I've never felt happier than in those two weeks with those amazing women!

It was incredible to feel like I was making a difference in someone's life every day. I lived with a local family and it was really humbling, they shared everything with me at no cost, Go Volunteer Africa provided transportation to and from home every day while working on the program.

I am sure this is the best program for budget travelers, students and people who have no money but want to volunteer abroad. No hidden fees! It was free to participate in the Uganda program. Thank you Go Volunteer Africa for giving me the opportunity to serve with you in Uganda.

I would definitely recommend Go Volunteer Africa because of the support they provided to me and other volunteers.

What was your funniest moment?
The nightlife was amazing, amazing music, amazing people, amazing dance moves, amazing party habits, everything in Uganda is truly amazing.