Become part of an amazing initiative to reintroduce rhinos to Uganda, previously hunted to extinction in the 1980s. This rhino sanctuary has been going from strength to strength since 2005, and is now home to over 20 wild rhinos. As a volunteer, you will help in the general tasks of the sanctuary to help these incredible creatures enjoy life in the wild. Once your service is done, you will enjoy a 3 day safari to explore other incredible areas of the country.
The conservation area has tasks you will get involved in including:
- Rhino monitoring
- Game spotting
- Maintenance patrols
- Outreach programs
- Community education.
After 10 fantastic days, you are rewarded with a 3 day safari to search for leopards, lions, elephants and the rest of the Big 5. Then you will take a cruise down the Nile to the spectacular Murchison Falls.
- Conserve endangered rhinos; said to have existed for several millions of years
- Live in a beautiful and exotic country surrounded by wildlife, which many people do not visit
- Meet like-minded volunteers as you together see how your work greatly helps the animals and community together
- Embark on an exciting safari to see the Big 5 and Murchison Falls
- Witness in a beautiful setting, the sanctuary's aim to release the rhinos back to the wild