- Study Abroad
- Volunteer Abroad
- Teach Abroad
- Intern Abroad
- High School
- Gap Year
Volunteer teaching placements are a great way for gap year and college students to offer their skills and enthusiasm to communities that lack basic teaching necessities, including books and instructors. You can make a difference in the lives of students who are eager to learn. In addition to teaching, you will further integrate into your host community by selecting an independent project that both inspires you and meets the needs of your community. Examples include: facilitating an arts camp, building desks, painting a mural for the school, or initiating a sports camp. Global Routes teaching volunteers live in a village with one other student from their group and get together with the rest of their group and program leader regularly to travel throughout Ecuador. Visit the Global Routes website for more information, and start planning your gap year today!
Five reasons to do a Global Routes program!
1. Location! Live and teach in a small, rural agricultural community in the tropical lowlands surrounding San Luis de Pambil. Travel to other exciting destinations in Ecuador.
2. Impact! Teaching placements are located in rural primary and secondary schools that lack basic educational resources. As a volunteer teacher, you can make a significant impact on students in under-resourced communities.
3. Variety! Volunteers may teach English, math, science, social studies, or environmental education. Furthermore, there are many opportunities to get involved in sports coaching and music workshops.
4. Volunteers also choose to do an independent project that allows them to integrate into the local community through a unique development or cultural project of their design. Projects can include building playground equipment, facilitating arts or sports camps, painting projects, and much more!
5. Build your resume! In addition to the teaching experience, you may also be involved with marketing and fundraising to facilitate your independent project. Designing and implementing this independent project is also invaluable experience to share with prospective employers or colleges. You can also improve your Spanish language ability and cross-cultural skills. These are great assets that will make your international experience stand out.
7 Reviews (96%)
6 Reviews (92%)
4 Reviews (100%)
2 Reviews (95%)