- Study Abroad
- Volunteer Abroad
- Teach Abroad
- Intern Abroad
- High School
- Gap Year
Go Overseas Press Page
Go Overseas Media Coverage
- The Daily Cal, "Startup offers new study abroad options for interested students"
September 27, 2013
- eCollegeFinder, "Study Abroad Ambassadors Award"
February 28, 2013
- Entrepreneur, "3 Types of Rent-Free Workspaces for Entrepreneurs"
December 13, 2012
- Ubumm, "Go Overseas"
October 17, 2012
- Northern Virginia Magazine, "The Voluntourist"
August 8, 2012
- USA Today College, "4 Study Abroad Hurdles"
August 6, 2012
- Intuit Small Business Blog, "How to Get the Most out of Interns"
July 24, 2012
- Intuit Small Business Blog, "Mitch Gordon on the Challenges of a Student CEO"
July 20, 2012
- The San Francisco Business Times, "Cal and Stanford create very different models for how to build and run incubators for startup businesses"
June 8, 2012
- Read, Write, Web, "How to Keep Starting a Business from Ruining a Friendship"
June 6, 2012
- Journeys for Good, "Go Overseas with GoOverseas.com"
May 7, 2012
- The New York Times, "Taking a Trip To Lend A Hand"
May 6, 2012
- Entrepreneur Podcast Network, "Go Overseas, your Yelp/Trip advisor for programs abroad"
April 12, 2012
- Berkeley Patch, "Berkeley Locals Making a Difference Around the World"
March 18, 2012
- The Office Stylist, "Office With a View: Go Overseas Beautiful Bay Area View"
March 13, 2012
- Mansfield/Storrs Patch, "Storrs Locals Making a Difference Around the World"
March 12, 2012
- Berkeleyside, "Skydeck hopes to boost Berkeley-based tech startups"
March 1, 2012
- Your Travel Choice: The International Ecotourism Society, "Go Overseas: Global Community of Volunteer Reviewers and Passionate Travelers"
February 11, 2012
- Good News Weekly, "Go Overseas: Volunteer, travel, and make a difference"
December 22, 2011
- Her Campus, "Go Overseas: HC's New Favorite Travel Resource"
December 1, 2011
- MO, "Mitch Gordon, Go Overseas"
November 28, 2011
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Voluntouring offers new way to experience Mexico"
November 9, 2011
- Escape the City, "Controlling My Own Destiny: Corporate Life to Entrepreneur"
- Tnooz, "Go Overseas wants to become the TripAdvisor for travellers studying on-the-road"
September 16, 2011
- Hamilton College News, "Harloe '12 Takes Study Abroad Experience to Internship"
August 11, 2011
- Shoestring Venture, "GoOverseas.com: ratings and reviews for programs abroad"
June 29, 2011
- Teaching Traveling, "Interview With Andrew: From Teacher-Travel to Go Overseas"
October 26, 2010
- Wandering Educators, "Living your Dream Abroad: Go Overseas!"
October 18, 2010
- Tour Company Reviews, "Interview with Go Overseas Co-Founder Mitch Gordon"
August 13, 2010
- Cancer Survivor Takes Off for 'Round the World Volunteer Trip with the Help of Go Overseas
February 16, 2012
- GoOverseas.com Launches "Leave a Review" Contest, Offers 'Round The World Trip Ticket
August 23, 2011
- GoOverseas.com Connects Internet Users with Volunteer, Study, and Teaching Programs Abroad
July 14, 2010
As seen on...
Press inquiries can be sent to Anis@GoOverseas.com.
FAQ and Facts
Founded: Mitch Gordon and Andrew Dunkle, Berkeley, CA, 2009.
Employees: See About Go page.
Mission: Don't just travel. Travel with purpose.
About Go Overseas: Go Overseas lists every volunteer, study, teach and intern abroad program in the world, with ratings/reviews, participant interviews, and more. Our goal is to help future travelers make more informed decisions when choosing between programs abroad.
Go Overseas was started with the simple idea of creating a centralized website to provide the resources required for meaningful travel abroad: informative articles, program search tools, detailed listings, and alumni reviews and interviews. That idea has grown and expanded into what you see here, a community driven website of like-minded people who are all passionate about studying, volunteering, teaching, or interning abroad.
Please join us in our mission to build a great online community for any and all people interested in meaningful travel abroad!