- Study Abroad
- Volunteer Abroad
- Teach Abroad
- Intern Abroad
- Gap Year
- Travel Resources
Go Overseas Press Page
Go Overseas Media Coverage
- eCollegeFinder, "Study Abroad Ambassadors Award"
February 28, 2013
- Entrepreneur, "3 Types of Rent-Free Workspaces for Entrepreneurs"
December 13, 2012
- Ubumm, "Go Overseas"
October 17, 2012
- Northern Virginia Magazine, "The Voluntourist"
August 8, 2012
- USA Today College, "4 Study Abroad Hurdles"
August 6, 2012
- Intuit Small Business Blog, "How to Get the Most out of Interns"
July 24, 2012
- Intuit Small Business Blog, "Mitch Gordon on the Challenges of a Student CEO"
July 20, 2012
- The San Francisco Business Times, "Cal and Stanford create very different models for how to build and run incubators for startup businesses"
June 8, 2012
- Read, Write, Web, "How to Keep Starting a Business from Ruining a Friendship"
June 6, 2012
- Journeys for Good, "Go Overseas with GoOverseas.com"
May 7, 2012
- The New York Times, "Taking a Trip To Lend A Hand"
May 6, 2012
- Entrepreneur Podcast Network, "Go Overseas, your Yelp/Trip advisor for programs abroad"
April 12, 2012
- Berkeley Patch, "Berkeley Locals Making a Difference Around the World"
March 18, 2012
- The Office Stylist, "Office With a View: Go Overseas Beautiful Bay Area View"
March 13, 2012
- Mansfield/Storrs Patch, "Storrs Locals Making a Difference Around the World"
March 12, 2012
- Berkeleyside, "Skydeck hopes to boost Berkeley-based tech startups"
March 1, 2012
- Your Travel Choice: The International Ecotourism Society, "Go Overseas: Global Community of Volunteer Reviewers and Passionate Travelers"
February 11, 2012
- Good News Weekly, "Go Overseas: Volunteer, travel, and make a difference"
December 22, 2011
- Her Campus, "Go Overseas: HC's New Favorite Travel Resource"
December 1, 2011
- MO, "Mitch Gordon, Go Overseas"
November 28, 2011
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Voluntouring offers new way to experience Mexico"
November 9, 2011
- Escape the City, "Controlling My Own Destiny: Corporate Life to Entrepreneur"
- Tnooz, "Go Overseas wants to become the TripAdvisor for travellers studying on-the-road"
September 16, 2011
- Hamilton College News, "Harloe '12 Takes Study Abroad Experience to Internship"
August 11, 2011
- Shoestring Venture, "GoOverseas.com: ratings and reviews for programs abroad"
June 29, 2011
- Teaching Traveling, "Interview With Andrew: From Teacher-Travel to Go Overseas"
October 26, 2010
- Wandering Educators, "Living your Dream Abroad: Go Overseas!"
October 18, 2010
- Tour Company Reviews, "Interview with Go Overseas Co-Founder Mitch Gordon"
August 13, 2010
- Cancer Survivor Takes Off for 'Round the World Volunteer Trip with the Help of Go Overseas
February 16, 2012
- GoOverseas.com Launches "Leave a Review" Contest, Offers 'Round The World Trip Ticket
August 23, 2011
- GoOverseas.com Connects Internet Users with Volunteer, Study, and Teaching Programs Abroad
July 14, 2010
Press inquiries can be sent to Katie@GoOverseas.com.
FAQ and Facts
Founded: Mitch Gordon and Andrew Dunkle, Berkeley, CA, 2009.
Employees: See About Go page.
Mission: To help people make the most informed decisions possible when choosing programs abroad.
About Go Overseas: Go Overseas is the Yelp/Trip Advisor for programs abroad: We list every volunteer, study, teach & intern abroad program in the world, with Yelp style ratings/reviews and more. Our goal is to help people make more informed and educated decisions when choosing between programs abroad.
GoOverseas.com was started with the simple idea of creating a centralized website to provide the resources required for meaningful travel abroad. That idea has grown and expanded into what you see here, a community driven website of like-minded people who are all passionate about teaching, studying and volunteering abroad.
We also regularly post insightful articles to help expand the community's knowledge about opportunities to travel abroad. Please join us in our mission to build a great online community for any and all people interested in meaningful travel abroad!