GEOVISIONS WORKS WITH YOU TO HELP YOU MEET YOUR PERSONAL GOALS
GeoVisions ... We're small enough to pay close attention to our students and our employers, and large enough to give you the support and resources you need to be assured of a rewarding international experience.
Founded in 2001, GeoVisions' Co-Founders bring over 70 years of experience in international education and exchange. We're young enough to know what's needed in the twenty-first century, and old enough to have learned what's not needed.
GeoVisions carefully screens partners around the globe to help prepare participants for living in their host country.
We know the importance of international education and exchange, and we understand the value these experiences bring to your life.
SteveAge: 51 or olderMaleMesa, AZ.Ottawa UniversityThailand04/02/2014How could this program be improved?
1. The high school I taught at has a list of colleges and universities that needs to be updated as this became a problem with the school I taught at.
2. Thai teachers teach from textbooks yet English teachers develope lesson plans and activities.
3. I observed Thai teachers teaching grammar incorrectly and speaking Thai when teaching English classes and have difficulities pronouncing English words. Thai teachers need to set an example.
4. All our morning assemblies were in Thai and I never knew what was said.
5. Thai classes took priority over English classes and were cancel
without a warning.
6. English teachers were never invited to teacher meetings.
JeffreyAge: 19-24MalePhoenix, ArizonaArizona State UniversityEmbraced Adventure and Changed lives03/14/2014How could this program be improved?
Prior to arriving in Thailand, I assumed I would be placed in a certain region in Thailand and I was guaranteed a spot in that region coming from you guys. It turned out it was definitely not a guarantee. I was a little surprised by that, but it did not really disappoint me as my experience was still beyond amazing. Knowing that it is better to stay quite flexible with our choices, this would be something you guys should know.
DanielAge: 31-50MaleAlbuquerque, New MexicoBetter Than I Could Have Hoped For03/10/2014How could this program be improved?
Nothing really critical about the program. It took longer to get over jet-lag than I thought and it took time at the school for me to feel like I really belonged as the only westerner. Those are things you have to consider, I think.
HollyAge: 19-24FemaleWashington, DCGeorge Washington UniversityEven In The Middle Of Nowhere You Can Have A Great Experience03/08/2014How could this program be improved?
Anyone looking to do this program only need to understand that it will be very difficult to maintain contact with people since you are in the middle of nowhere for most of the trip.