GeoVisions - Tutor English to a Host Family in Germany

English Conversation Corps Program in Belgium
English Conversation Corps Program in Belgium

GeoVisions' Tutor English to a host family provides volunteers a chance to live with a German family and teach them conversational English. Because of the close proximity of the "students", this will be an amazing adventure of living in your teaching environment.

This is a great program for people who want to experience life in Germany and German culture in-depth. The program has a focus on cultural exchange and host families are not only excited to learn English but also love to share the characteristics of their amazing country, culture, and cuisine.

Program fee starting at US$999.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Harriet

Tutoring in Germany

I enjoyed the experience but found that the children I worked with were a bit too young for the program. One was 3 one was 6. They had no experience speaking English before I arrived, so they found it extremely difficult and no matter what I did, it was not successful. Upon leaving, the mother asked the youngest child if she would miss me, and she replied, no, because she did not understand me. That says it all for the kids. The adults, on the other hand were amazing, and they made my stay lovely. They both improved oral English speaking and they were most appreciative. My recommendation would be that in order for this placement to have been totally successful, I should have been able to speak German. I learned some German, but not enough.

The people in Germany prepared a little book with German words--it was EXCELLENT. I would suggest that they also include simple phrases and sentences in that book.