MAPLE BEAR is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and caring teachers to teach young students in South Korea and implement the Maple Bear curriculum.
The Maple Bear curriculum was developed taking into account the very latest research with respect to early childhood education. It provides a strong academic program in an environment that encourages children's natural and innate interest in learning. The program reinforces and builds on this positive attitude by offering varied and stimulating experiences to the children.
Competence in language, reading, mathematics and science is developed systematically. Teachers integrate subject knowledge into a variety of active techniques suitable to the developmental stages of the children. Maple Bear has high learning expectations for children within a healthy, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
"We believe that nothing is more important than our children." The vision of the Maple Bear schools is to establish an enthusiasm for learning and knowledge in young learners that will serve as a foundation for future success in the formal education system."
Maple Bear schools offer a professional teaching environment and offers both pre-departure and "on the ground" training for new teachers. Gain experience to bring home working with a comprehensive Canadian curriculum and a full North American team of educators.
For more information about the Maple Bear curriculum, please visit: www.maplebear.ca
- Lesson preparation
- Preparation of student progress reports and evaluation
- Correcting and grading student work
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Participation in teacher training workshops
- Teaching material preparation and maintenance
- 2.3-2.5 Million Korean Won per month
- Professional training on Maple Bear curriculum pre-departure and in-class.
- Two weeks vacation (total) at Christmas and Summer breaks, plus all national Korean holidays.
- Free round-trip air ticket provided
- Medical coverage (50/50 split with employee)
- Unshared accommodation provided: apartment with shower and washroom; partly furnished (bed, desk, chair, sink, small refrigerator, gas range, washer, air con.)