Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. - FREE Placement for Teaching Jobs in Korea

Raccoon Cafe
Raccoon Cafe
Fried chicken
Fried chicken

High Salaries | Free Airfare | Free Apartment | Free Service | Visa Support | 24/7 In Country Support | Top Recruiter Since 2001

Are you interested in taking a gap year? Saving some money? Or simply want to travel and see the world? Teaching English in Korea is a great way to do all of this and more!

Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. offers ESL teaching positions in amazing schools from Seoul to Busan.

Our placement and support service comes at NO COST TO YOU (we collect a fee from our schools instead). All of our teaching positions provide:

*High Salaries
*Free Single Apartment
*Airfare
*Medical Insurance + Visa Sponsorship
*24/7 In-Country Support
*Endless Adventures

>>>>Our schools offer some of the most unique and exciting opportunities in Korea!<<<<

Travel and Teach offers a 100% FREE SERVICE + ENDLESS SUPPORT from the time you apply to when you leave Korea. This is our Travel and Teach Teacher Guarantee.

• FREE SERVICE
  • HIGH SALARIES
  • REPUTABLE SCHOOLS
  • AIRFARE + APARTMENT PROVIDED

Hi Bethany, Pets are not really accepted by our school in Korea as they may cause issues with the apartments that are given to the teacher. That being said, we have placed teachers in Korea with their pet (usually a small dog), but those situations are rare.
Yes! Typically, the first week when you arrive at your new school, there is a training period. Although this may vary from school to school, it usually includes a series of observations, where you get the opportunity to see the typical routines and protocols being performed during a normal lesson from other teachers, as well as a one-on-one review of the curriculum, your teaching schedule, etc....
The basic tertiary requirement is to have a minimum of a bachelors degree! If your degree is not in education, it is also required to have a TEFL certification to allow you to obtain the skills and knowledge to teach students whose first language is not English.
Hi Wai Yee, It is certainly possible if you are of Asian descent and from one of the 7 countries that Korea will grant a working visa to. If you are not from one of those countries, unfortunately you won't be granted a visa though, even though you speak perfect English and have experience teaching. I hope this helps!

• Benefits 9.2
  • Facilities 9.1
Billy

Thanks for saving me!!

Before finding Travel and Teach, I was working with another company, CIEE. I had spent over $1000 on their TEFL course where they guaranteed me placement in Korea. What I was not aware of was that I would have to go to any school they wanted me to. I thought I was obligated to go through with one of these positions, but then reached out to a few recruiting agencies who told me this was not the case. Andy at Travel and Teach was super responsive and helpful. As I had all of my docs ready for the visa, I was sent 3 really great positions. Interviewed with all of them and was offered a job from two. I am now in Ilsan and could not be happier. Mr. Lee, my director has been the most amazing 'host' to me. He has taken me out to dinner a few times, and seems genuinely concerned about my happiness. The kids are also great. I have made friends already and think I might be here for a while... Just wanted to say thank you to Andy and Travel and Teach. I'm so happy that I was able to get out of the other situation and hope others don't find themselves in a similar spot. Btw - Travel and Teach did not charge me anything whatsoever. I'm still a bit confused to how they make money but I'm guessing they grab a commission from the schools.

I would have liked some further information on changing the card in my iphone once I got to Korea but that was easy enough to figure out on my own once I got here.
Mark

Overall a Positive Experience

I can't complain, Travel and Teach did exactly what they said they would do. They're a recruiting agency, so they're obviously commission-based, they have an incentive to find you a position that you're interested in so that you'll sign the work contract. They get paid, you get the teaching position you want, everybody wins. They were quite helpful as a first-time expat, they gave me a wide range of schools to choose from and were a constant presence as I worked through the emigration process. I have a vague recollection of them changing their contact with me a few times, making me suspicious that I was somehow being fyshed, but I think that would be alleviated by asking their IT personnel to change their email naming convention to something more consistent.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Asking if contract language regarding my salary could be changed to reflect potential dips in the USD conversion for the KRW. At the time of writing this, the trade squabble between Japan and Korea, along with tariffs from US disrupting trade flows out of China, is threatening to make the KRW tumble to record lows. This sucks, to put it mildly.
Response from Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your review of our program!

I wanted to answer you about us contacting you through more than one email address. The reason for this is that we have multiple staff on hand that follow each teacher's progress, which is why you were contacted by more than one person.

Whenever your assigned coordinator was not available to answer you or to send you appropriate information, one of our other placement coordinators or our Korean staff would have sent this to you so that you were not waiting. We do our best to provide the quickest service to our teachers as we can! I'm sorry that you mistook this as being suspicious behavior :)

Also, you are correct in that we receive a commission. HOWEVER, unlike many recruiting agencies, we get paid from our schools and, as you are aware, do not charge our teachers any money whatsoever for our services including: placement in Korea, guidance through the visa process, plane ticket arrangement, airport pickup arrangement, after service once in Korea, etc.

We hope that you enjoy your time in Korea! If you need anything you know where to find us!

Nicholas

Best Company for Teaching Abroad

I highly recommend Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.! TTR was the best place I could have possibly got involved with. The process was very easy and they guide you the whole way through. I don’t believe there is anyone better. They aren’t you’re typical recruiting agency and you’re definitely not just a number. My recruiter Andy treated me like I was his first priority (as he does with anyone who wants to get involved with TTR). It seemed like TTR was doing all the work while I was just going through the steps submitting the required documents they asked for. Any questions I needed answered, Andy replied back within a couple hours and sometimes minutes! Once you’re ready to start applying TTR sends you a list of schools that you might be interested in.. no pressure... and before you know it you are interviewing with a school! I can’t thank travel and teach enough for what they have done for me and my brother. My brother and I were looking to teach in the same area and TTR made it happen.. set us up with the same school! The process is super easy and they know what they are talking about! Once the job was set up with the school, TTR continued to prepare us with information all the way up until the morning of the flight! I used to be the person who would read these reviews and thought people were sugar coating their reviews but here I am trying to get people to go through TTR like I did haha! If your having trouble making a decision about teaching overseas I highly recommend contacting TTR. I was teaching in Korea 2 months after I started the process and it was the best decision I could have made. Please go through Travel and Teach!!!!! Trust me... you’ll be writing the same review as I am once you arrive in Korea telling people how awesome this recruiting agency is!

Nothing.. this program is perfect :). There was nothing that I would improve. Everything they did was in my best interest and I was beyond pleased at how well they did their job!
Response from Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Thanks for the amazing review, Nicholas!! It really was a pleasure to work with your and your brother - you guys were super easy and nice to work with.

You are going to have the time of your life this year! If you need anything, you know where to find us!

Zahara

Love this program

I used this website to help keep find a job in Korea. Everyone was helpful and my recruiter Andy was very quick to reply and answer any questions I had and make sure I had all my papers in order. I am also getting help with my secondary contract and being able to work in Korea another year. I am am happy for this program and the quality of help that they offer and give when looking for a job in another country. I would continue to recommend this program and this website to everyone. It's also a plus that they dont charge you to use the website and help put you with schools looking for teachers. Unlike some websites and programs they help you without charging an arm and leg and they also help make sure you have all your papers in order and ready so you can get your Visa also.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I've been able to travel and experience new things.
Eleanor

very helpful

my recruiter guided me through the entire process of preparing my paperwork, interviewing with schools, obtaining my visa, arranging my flight, etc. i am now very happy with my position. my school is wonderful, and i feel that my bosses actually listen to me and take me seriously, as well as really caring that i am happy and comfortable here. it seems the administration at my school is very interested in keeping both students and teachers happy and healthy, and this is clear in the little things like the nutritious, well-balanced free lunches every day (which also provides effortless exposure to the local cuisine). the location is an up-and-coming area, and there are many interesting things to see and do around here. i have easy access to food at all price points, as well as excellent public transportation, which really enables me to explore anywhere i choose. i couldn't have found a situation more ideal for me, and i feel very lucky.

Mark

Kid's College via Travel and Teach

Overall the experience was positive. There is a large amount of initial red tape in coming to Korea, both before and after arriving, but this amounted to an annoyance more than a deterrence. Travel and Teach was very helpful with keeping the recruitment process moving and in providing interesting work locations. Teaching may not be the most lucrative job you could find overseas, but so far it has been exceptionally rewarding and enjoyable. The exposure to Korean culture from within the school setting has been eye-opening, and has likely proved more fruitful for understanding Korea than a few months bumming around hostels and hotels. I would highly recommend this position to anyone hoping to spend a year overseas and who would like to have the greater support network and stability that comes with a full-time job and other expat coworkers.

Martin

What a great agency for a job placement!

I recently had been placed in Korea for one year contract to teach in Korea. The recruitment process was easy to follow and they had inside knowledge that no one else knew about the second copy of apostilled diploma being needed to submit in Korea after you arrive. If Andy had not told me about the issue, it would have been a nightmare, since some of my co-workers from other agencies had to order their diplomas from Korea remotely.

On top of that, my entire process only took about 3 months, as I was on top of getting all the documents as instructed. Just follow the instructions they give you on the emails, and you will be fine.

I love the school that I am working at right now, and the contract is good. It is not a piece of cake either, but very rewarding and fulfilling, if teaching is your true passion and calling.

Kelsey

First Time Teaching Abroad? Choose Travel & Teach Recruiting

When looking into which recruiting service to go with for my teaching experience in South Korea, I spoke with at least 7 agencies. What sets Travel & Teach apart from the rest is the care and consideration they place into sorting you with the best school option based on your personality and needs. Andy made sure to be with me every step of the way (he was even available for support when I landed at the airport)! There is a little mystery when going into this adventure, so you must be ready for the unexpected. It's been a month so far into my journey and I feel so thankful that I chose Travel & Teach because my school is fantastic and it only took two months from the first phone call to arriving in Korea (so fast)! The pay and ability to have free rent (in a beautiful studio apartment) will definitely set me up for success in saving money from this experience too.

I think this program could have more resources on what to expect before you go. Luckily I did my research, but I think other programs offered better resources/materials on what to expect from the culture before arriving.
Kim

New Adventure!

I had done a lot of research since the moment I decided to teach in South Korea. I contacted Travel and Teach to help me find a job. They responded right away and I had a set interview the following week. Andy made the whole process super easy! In no time I had an interview with my current school, although it was the first school to have an interview with, I was offered the job after two interviews. Which I’m glad I did take the offer! It’s my third week with my school and they’ve been wonderful in everyway! The school has Korean teachers as well as many foreign teachers, which are super helpful! The hours are as expected for a kindy and afternoon hagwon. Travel and Teach actually helped 3-4 of the foreign teachers to get jobs in my school. It’s definitely a fast process, so be ready with all your things! Definitely recommend Travel and Teach to help you find your next adventure in South Korea!

Alli

Back in Korea in NO time!

I lived in Korea for a short while a few years back and absolutely knew I needed to come back and live here longer. I was absolutely determined to get a job and when I found Travel and Teach, they were very determined to support me every step of the way. It didn't even take them long to find job offers for me, and when they did, within the span of three days, I accepted it, had a phone interview and received the job.
The process with Travel and Teach was so amazing, they were extremely fast with my responses (a big shout out to my recruiter, Niko for dealing with the millions of questions I would send in the middle of the night), and all of my questions were answered in full details every single time. From getting the job to walking off of the plane in South Korea, this was the simplest and easiest process ever. In fact, it was so smooth that the only thing I stressed about was whether I had enough room in my luggage to move everything!
The school, oh my goodness, the school and students are absolutely wonderful. They pay very generously and provide an apartment. I live in Seoul so during the week, I drive my focus in teaching the children and over the weekend I go out into the city and enjoy the amazing sights. (Not to mention, this was my first official teaching experience ever, I dove into this headfirst without knowing anything and the school staff has been so helpful of everything)
Once Travel and Teach becomes your recruiter, they have your back. Thank you T&T!

Jessica

Korea is Amazing!

I found Travel and Teach randomly online one day when I was looking for companies to help me get to South Korea to teach. I am always a bit skeptical about things at first, and it took me about 6 months of research and looking elsewhere before I was ready to apply. I am so glad I chose Travel and Teach!! It was a bit strange to me at first that they offer all of there services for free, but I got in contact with someone who was currently in Korea thanks to Travel and Teach and she assured me that they were a legitimate company. The schools pay them so you just have to focus on preparing to move. When I applied, I had an email from Niko the next day wanting to set up an interview to make sure I was qualified and I knew what I was getting myself in to. He asked me a few questions like if there was any specific area that I wanted to be located and how good my Korean was. (Note: I would highly recommend learning some basic Korean before going. I quickly realized how terrible my Korean knowledge was when I got here and it's been a bit of a struggle sometimes. However I am studying and improving and being immersed will help a lot as well.)
I got started on all the paperwork as I knew that the process was long. (Note: DO NOT put the paperwork off. My situation was a bit rushed, but if you put it off, you will be spending a lot more on shipping to get things to where they need to go as fast as possible to make sure you have everything done by the time you need to get on a plane.) About a month later, Niko emailed me saying that he found a school that wanted to interview me. A few days later I had the interview, and the next week I had signed a contract. Everyone's situation will probably be a bit different, but for me, I signed the contract at the end of May and they originally wanted me mid-June, but because of the paperwork the earliest I would have been able to get there was mid-July. Be prepared for the possibility that everything will happen super fast, but don't be discouraged if it takes a little while longer to find a job. Niko was very helpful throughout the whole process by answering all my questions quickly and helping make sure I did all the paperwork correctly. He also helped clear up any miscommunications that occurred between the director, Travel and Teach, and me. I've been here for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. The school pays for my apartment and gives me a very generous salary which allows me to do exploring around when I'm not teaching. I live in a city near Seoul which is connected by the subway, so I can just hop on the train whenever and within an hour, be in Seoul to explore (which I have been a lot).
One thing to remember is that you are there to teach first, not to be a tourist. Education is very important to the society and they expect you to do your best. Most of the children are very well behaved and want to learn. (You always will have some troublemakers.) They are a lot of fun to work with and I probably learn more from them than they do from me everyday.

Kyla

Helping Every Step of the Way

After reaching out to Travel and Teach, I was set up with my first job interview within 2 weeks and received interview tips that aided me in receiving a job offer right away. Throughout the the entire visa process I had hit almost every hurdle imaginable and Niko was always there to help offer solutions and support. When my papers were almost not accepted by immigration due to the error of one of the companies, Travel and Teach fought for me until an agreement was reached and the papers were accepted.

Now I am in Korea and I love the job that I was paired with. The location and apartment are extremely nice and convenient and my bosses and coworkers have all been very kind and welcoming.

Charles

Very Helpful, Painless Process!

Travel and Teach was extremely helpful for finding a position teaching in Korea. I went from deciding that I wanted to teach abroad to securing a position within a matter of weeks thanks to this recruiting agency. They helped me secure several interviews and navigate the process of choosing the school that was right for me. On top of this, Travel and Teach made the Visa application process very easy, walking me through it step by step. In just a few short months I was able to move to Korea and begin teaching with relative ease.
While the work can be overwhelming at times, teaching in Korea has been very fulfilling and I have had many opportunities to explore the country and make new friends. I am enjoying my life here immensely!

Carolyn

Helpful Recruiters

This recruiting company is very effective! They assured a safe travel and was able to find me a good job! I was happy that no one ever forced interviews, contracts, or insurance on me. I felt at ease and comfortable with my choice. I really love my job!

Additionally, I got a nice apartment, air travel covered, a nice area to live in and really nice coworkers. Everyone at Travel and Teach answered my emails promptly and kindly.

Jessica

Loving the Adventure

After graduating from college, I wasn't ready to work a 9am-5pm job. I had considered teaching abroad but was off put by many of the programs that wanted me to pay for assistance in finding a job. Travel and Teach Recruiting is unique in that ESL teachers with previous experience work with you and set you up with a position. Going into interviews, applying for my VISA and eventually arriving in Korea, I felt completely prepared because of all of the information Travel and Teach provided me with. An incredible thing was they put me in contact with my coworkers before I even arrived. Making connections with the other international teachers was such a gift because I had even greater insight into my school and city. My first day we went out to dinner and I already felt that I had a group of friends to share this amazing adventure with!

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Established in 2001, Travel and Teach has stayed true to our commitment to our teachers and have placed 1000s of satisfied university graduates in amazing placements since then. Everyone at Travel and Teach has taught in Korea, so we understand - and...