Teach English in Korea with Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Are you interested in taking a gap year? Saving some money? Or simply want to travel and see the world? Teaching English in Korea is a great way to do all of this and more!

Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. offers ESL teaching positions in AMAZING schools from Seoul to Busan that include:

*High Salaries
*Free Single Apartment
*Airfare
*Medical Insurance + Visa Sponsorship
*Endless Adventures

>>>>Our schools offer the most unique and exciting opportunities in Korea!<<<<

Travel and Teach offers a 100% FREE SERVICE + ENDLESS SUPPORT from the time you apply to when you leave Korea. This is our Travel and Teach Teacher Guarantee.

• FREE SERVICE
  • HIGH SALARIES
  • REPUTABLE SCHOOLS
  • AIRFARE + APARTMENT PROVIDED

Yes! Typically, the first week when you arrive at your new school, there is a training period. Although this may vary from school to school, it usually includes a series of observations, where you get the opportunity to see the typical routines and protocols being performed during a normal lesson from other teachers, as well as a one-on-one review of the curriculum, your teaching schedule, etc....
The basic tertiary requirement is to have a minimum of a bachelors degree! If your degree is not in education, it is also required to have a TEFL certification to allow you to obtain the skills and knowledge to teach students whose first language is not English.
Hi Wai Yee, It is certainly possible if you are of Asian descent and from one of the 7 countries that Korea will grant a working visa to. If you are not from one of those countries, unfortunately you won't be granted a visa though, even though you speak perfect English and have experience teaching. I hope this helps!
I am not Asian American myself, so I cannot comment from personal experience, but I can say that I recently completed a a teaching seminar with EBY Talking Club in Seoul, and of the six other foreign teachers there, two of them were Asian American. While it may have been harder for them to get a job of this type (I didn't think to ask), I can say that it is certainly possible. I hope this helps.

• Benefits 9.2
  • Facilities 9.1
Alli

Back in Korea in NO time!

I lived in Korea for a short while a few years back and absolutely knew I needed to come back and live here longer. I was absolutely determined to get a job and when I found Travel and Teach, they were very determined to support me every step of the way. It didn't even take them long to find job offers for me, and when they did, within the span of three days, I accepted it, had a phone interview and received the job.
The process with Travel and Teach was so amazing, they were extremely fast with my responses (a big shout out to my recruiter, Niko for dealing with the millions of questions I would send in the middle of the night), and all of my questions were answered in full details every single time. From getting the job to walking off of the plane in South Korea, this was the simplest and easiest process ever. In fact, it was so smooth that the only thing I stressed about was whether I had enough room in my luggage to move everything!
The school, oh my goodness, the school and students are absolutely wonderful. They pay very generously and provide an apartment. I live in Seoul so during the week, I drive my focus in teaching the children and over the weekend I go out into the city and enjoy the amazing sights. (Not to mention, this was my first official teaching experience ever, I dove into this headfirst without knowing anything and the school staff has been so helpful of everything)
Once Travel and Teach becomes your recruiter, they have your back. Thank you T&T!

Jessica

Korea is Amazing!

I found Travel and Teach randomly online one day when I was looking for companies to help me get to South Korea to teach. I am always a bit skeptical about things at first, and it took me about 6 months of research and looking elsewhere before I was ready to apply. I am so glad I chose Travel and Teach!! It was a bit strange to me at first that they offer all of there services for free, but I got in contact with someone who was currently in Korea thanks to Travel and Teach and she assured me that they were a legitimate company. The schools pay them so you just have to focus on preparing to move. When I applied, I had an email from Niko the next day wanting to set up an interview to make sure I was qualified and I knew what I was getting myself in to. He asked me a few questions like if there was any specific area that I wanted to be located and how good my Korean was. (Note: I would highly recommend learning some basic Korean before going. I quickly realized how terrible my Korean knowledge was when I got here and it's been a bit of a struggle sometimes. However I am studying and improving and being immersed will help a lot as well.)
I got started on all the paperwork as I knew that the process was long. (Note: DO NOT put the paperwork off. My situation was a bit rushed, but if you put it off, you will be spending a lot more on shipping to get things to where they need to go as fast as possible to make sure you have everything done by the time you need to get on a plane.) About a month later, Niko emailed me saying that he found a school that wanted to interview me. A few days later I had the interview, and the next week I had signed a contract. Everyone's situation will probably be a bit different, but for me, I signed the contract at the end of May and they originally wanted me mid-June, but because of the paperwork the earliest I would have been able to get there was mid-July. Be prepared for the possibility that everything will happen super fast, but don't be discouraged if it takes a little while longer to find a job. Niko was very helpful throughout the whole process by answering all my questions quickly and helping make sure I did all the paperwork correctly. He also helped clear up any miscommunications that occurred between the director, Travel and Teach, and me. I've been here for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. The school pays for my apartment and gives me a very generous salary which allows me to do exploring around when I'm not teaching. I live in a city near Seoul which is connected by the subway, so I can just hop on the train whenever and within an hour, be in Seoul to explore (which I have been a lot).
One thing to remember is that you are there to teach first, not to be a tourist. Education is very important to the society and they expect you to do your best. Most of the children are very well behaved and want to learn. (You always will have some troublemakers.) They are a lot of fun to work with and I probably learn more from them than they do from me everyday.

Kyla

Helping Every Step of the Way

After reaching out to Travel and Teach, I was set up with my first job interview within 2 weeks and received interview tips that aided me in receiving a job offer right away. Throughout the the entire visa process I had hit almost every hurdle imaginable and Niko was always there to help offer solutions and support. When my papers were almost not accepted by immigration due to the error of one of the companies, Travel and Teach fought for me until an agreement was reached and the papers were accepted.

Now I am in Korea and I love the job that I was paired with. The location and apartment are extremely nice and convenient and my bosses and coworkers have all been very kind and welcoming.

Charles

Very Helpful, Painless Process!

Travel and Teach was extremely helpful for finding a position teaching in Korea. I went from deciding that I wanted to teach abroad to securing a position within a matter of weeks thanks to this recruiting agency. They helped me secure several interviews and navigate the process of choosing the school that was right for me. On top of this, Travel and Teach made the Visa application process very easy, walking me through it step by step. In just a few short months I was able to move to Korea and begin teaching with relative ease.
While the work can be overwhelming at times, teaching in Korea has been very fulfilling and I have had many opportunities to explore the country and make new friends. I am enjoying my life here immensely!

Carolyn

Helpful Recruiters

This recruiting company is very effective! They assured a safe travel and was able to find me a good job! I was happy that no one ever forced interviews, contracts, or insurance on me. I felt at ease and comfortable with my choice. I really love my job!

Additionally, I got a nice apartment, air travel covered, a nice area to live in and really nice coworkers. Everyone at Travel and Teach answered my emails promptly and kindly.

Jessica

Loving the Adventure

After graduating from college, I wasn't ready to work a 9am-5pm job. I had considered teaching abroad but was off put by many of the programs that wanted me to pay for assistance in finding a job. Travel and Teach Recruiting is unique in that ESL teachers with previous experience work with you and set you up with a position. Going into interviews, applying for my VISA and eventually arriving in Korea, I felt completely prepared because of all of the information Travel and Teach provided me with. An incredible thing was they put me in contact with my coworkers before I even arrived. Making connections with the other international teachers was such a gift because I had even greater insight into my school and city. My first day we went out to dinner and I already felt that I had a group of friends to share this amazing adventure with!

Megan

My first experience teaching abroad

At first I was slightly nervous and I knew that the feeling would come, because it was my first time travelling abroad and living far away from home. I was lucky enough, thanks to Niko Manolagas from Travel and Teach Recruiting, to be assisted in finding a school in Jukjeon, South Korea. He also managed to help me out as I wanted to work with my partner. We both graduated with Education Degrees and had the same goals for teaching abroad. Niko helped my partner and I get our foot in the door. We are now able to teach at the same school and stay in the same apartment. We are happy where we are and pleased with the school we have been placed in. Travel and Teach Recruiting also provided us with very helpful information before heading to South Korea which helped us to be more prepared for our arrival. Niko made himself well available for any questions, advice, or concerns. I have recommended Travel and Teach Recruiting to some of my mutual friends and certainly recommend it if you are ready to work hard, play hard, and Teach in South Korea.

No comment
Eduard

Year of growing

You think that you know yourself and you know what you like and well to an extent whobyou are.

The best place to grow is outside your comfort zone!! A year or two abroad without any comforts of back home is actually a good thing. You learn more about yourself other people and how other cultures work.

Travel and Teach gave me excellent service, with quick response and clear instructions. They are professional and reliable. They gave me the opportunity to live and work in Korea with step by step instructions. On top of that they provided additional resources to make your life easier on the other side of the world.

I believe they do the best they can.
Joe

Travel & Teach Recruiting Inc.

From day one I knew that choosing Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. was the right agency to have in my corner. Niko made the whole process much easier than it would have been alone, answering my seemingly endless questions with prompt, informative, and when necessary; empathetic answers that would ease even the most anxious minds.

Without the help I received from Travel and Teach I would not have been able to make the first step towards my current position in S. Korea. If you're the type of person looking for not only a job teaching abroad, but also great teaching experience, I would recommend using Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. to help you along the way!

Charles

Teaching in Korea with Travel and Teach Recruiting

Travel and Teach Recruiting was very helpful getting me through all of the requirements one step at a time. I was given very useful information about how to do a good job in my interviews, and I was offered a position right away. It is great that the school pays for my apartment, which is only ten minutes away from the school by walking. The area in Korea is very nice and quiet. Everything I need is within walking distance.
The school is a very comfortable working environment. It is small, so I know everyone, and all of the other teachers are supportive. Everything we need to teach the classes is given to us. They provide the books and teaching materials and give me plans that tell me where in the material I should be on each day and what homework the students should do. Even though my students are Kindergarten through Elementary, their English is already very impressive, so it's not hard for them to understand me. If you do know Korean, you shouldn't let the students know. It's best if they don't know because it will hold back their progress learning English.
The lunch provided at the school is very healthy and enough to keep me full the whole day, so I really don't spend that much money on food living here. Food and public transportation in Korea are inexpensive, and the apartment rent is taken care of, so teaching here is a great opportunity to save up money and pay off student loans. I would definitely recommend this experience to other recent grads who want to go on an adventure before settling down.

It's best if you don't order your college transcripts until you know for sure that the school you're offered a position at actually requires them.
Camille

Support

I have been in contact with Niko Manolagas t and he has been such a great help! I have been struggling to try to find a good time for me to go to South Korea to teach abroad and he has been so patient and willing to answer any questions I have! I was in contact with another program prior to this and I didn't feel as comfortable asking questions as I have been through this program. I feel appreciated and supported! He has been very helpful at giving me unbiased answers to situations. I feel so comfortable and I know if I was in a bad situation the employees would help me in any way they could.

Mo

Experience of a Lifetime!

Travel and Teach Recruiting did a great job setting up my move to Korea. Within the first month upon talking to my recruiter, Niko, I was offered multiple jobs and finally chose an academy that fit my preferences. Then came 2 months of paperwork and planning, and I was in Korea and teaching! My academy was a great school that really took care of me and my needs. I felt safe, secure, and was offered assistance from T&T and my academy. This experience has really turned out better than I expected! You'll have loads of fun living and teaching here as long as you're in the right mindset. Keep in mind that work life in Korea is quite strenuous, especially when it comes to academies. You are literally working hard and playing hard, but that shouldn't be a bad thing! Stay positive and try to be open to new experiences. You won't regret it!

Ryan

Great way to spend a year overseas!

Had a fantastic session with one of the staff here (Niko). Was super friendly and supportive, the process was so simple despite being a little rushed due to the time constraints on the employer. The process was a little annoying due to where I was living, but easy enough with the help of the staff. If you are looking for a year abroad and want a company to help set it up, definitely recommend these guys!

Ben

Great Time

Teaching in S. Korea was my first real job after graduating, and although it was daunting I never regretted the decision: I made friends for life, had an amazing time living abroad, saved up some money and learned essential skills to become a better teacher and worker.

Like anywhere it's not perfect: Korean bosses are very different and some are a little uppity, but my coteachers were lovely and we really bonded. The social scene when I was there was great and it is growing every year with more Koreans and foreigners mixing. Korea is a great location to travel elsewhere too: little trips to Japan, the Philippines and others were easily possible.

Tracy

In Korea with Travel & Teach

Niko and Travel & Teach did a great job with helping me secure my placement in Korea. I was placed in a school in downtown Seoul that I absolutely love! Niko made sure to answer all of my questions before leaving and followed up with me once I arrived to make sure everything was going okay. I'm now in my fourth month living in Seoul and am having an amazing time. I would definitely recommend Travel & Teach to anyone who is looking to teach in Korea. I have heard some horror stories about some bad schools (hagwons) here but Travel & Teach set me up with a great school that has very good staff and many other foreign teachers. Before you accept an offer I would recommend emailing some questions to a few teachers that are already at your future school to make sure it is a good fit. Thanks Niko and Travel & Teach!

About Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Established in 2001, Travel and Teach has stayed true to our commitment to our teachers and have placed 1000s of satisfied university graduates in amazing placements since then.

Everyone at Travel and Teach has taught in Korea, so we understand -...