Teach English in Korea with Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Looking to take a gap year, save money to pay off student loans or just want travel the world? Whatever your reason, teaching in Korea is a great way to reach your goals.

Travel and Teach offers ESL teaching positions in great schools from Seoul to Busan. With high paying salaries, free apartment, airfare, medical insurance and visa sponsorship, our schools offer the most unique and exciting opportunities in Korea.

Travel and Teach offers a 100% free service and offers endless support from the time you apply to the time you leave Korea. This is our Travel and Teach Teacher Guarantee.

Hi Wai Yee, It is certainly possible if you are of Asian descent and from one of the 7 countries that Korea will grant a working visa to. If you are not from one of those countries, unfortunately you won't be granted a visa though, even though you speak perfect English and have experience teaching. I hope this helps!
I am not Asian American myself, so I cannot comment from personal experience, but I can say that I recently completed a a teaching seminar with EBY Talking Club in Seoul, and of the six other foreign teachers there, two of them were Asian American. While it may have been harder for them to get a job of this type (I didn't think to ask), I can say that it is certainly possible. I hope this helps.
Hi Sam! Yes, it is certainly possible for two people to share an apartment and to either work in the same school and/or location; we are able to place couples or friends. Also, there isn't really a minimum age, but applicants must hold the minimum of a Bachelor's degree in order to get a teaching visa for Korea.
Hi Miranda!, To teach in Korea, you need to be a citizen of one of the 7 designated countries that Korean immigration grants visas to: USA, Canada, NZ, Australia, Scotland, Ireland and the UK. I hope this helps!

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 9.1
Megan

My first experience teaching abroad

At first I was slightly nervous and I knew that the feeling would come, because it was my first time travelling abroad and living far away from home. I was lucky enough, thanks to Niko Manolagas from Travel and Teach Recruiting, to be assisted in finding a school in Jukjeon, South Korea. He also managed to help me out as I wanted to work with my partner. We both graduated with Education Degrees and had the same goals for teaching abroad. Niko helped my partner and I get our foot in the door. We are now able to teach at the same school and stay in the same apartment. We are happy where we are and pleased with the school we have been placed in. Travel and Teach Recruiting also provided us with very helpful information before heading to South Korea which helped us to be more prepared for our arrival. Niko made himself well available for any questions, advice, or concerns. I have recommended Travel and Teach Recruiting to some of my mutual friends and certainly recommend it if you are ready to work hard, play hard, and Teach in South Korea.

No comment
Eduard

Year of growing

You think that you know yourself and you know what you like and well to an extent whobyou are.

The best place to grow is outside your comfort zone!! A year or two abroad without any comforts of back home is actually a good thing. You learn more about yourself other people and how other cultures work.

Travel and Teach gave me excellent service, with quick response and clear instructions. They are professional and reliable. They gave me the opportunity to live and work in Korea with step by step instructions. On top of that they provided additional resources to make your life easier on the other side of the world.

I believe they do the best they can.
Joe

Travel & Teach Recruiting Inc.

From day one I knew that choosing Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. was the right agency to have in my corner. Niko made the whole process much easier than it would have been alone, answering my seemingly endless questions with prompt, informative, and when necessary; empathetic answers that would ease even the most anxious minds.

Without the help I received from Travel and Teach I would not have been able to make the first step towards my current position in S. Korea. If you're the type of person looking for not only a job teaching abroad, but also great teaching experience, I would recommend using Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. to help you along the way!

Charles

Teaching in Korea with Travel and Teach Recruiting

Travel and Teach Recruiting was very helpful getting me through all of the requirements one step at a time. I was given very useful information about how to do a good job in my interviews, and I was offered a position right away. It is great that the school pays for my apartment, which is only ten minutes away from the school by walking. The area in Korea is very nice and quiet. Everything I need is within walking distance.
The school is a very comfortable working environment. It is small, so I know everyone, and all of the other teachers are supportive. Everything we need to teach the classes is given to us. They provide the books and teaching materials and give me plans that tell me where in the material I should be on each day and what homework the students should do. Even though my students are Kindergarten through Elementary, their English is already very impressive, so it's not hard for them to understand me. If you do know Korean, you shouldn't let the students know. It's best if they don't know because it will hold back their progress learning English.
The lunch provided at the school is very healthy and enough to keep me full the whole day, so I really don't spend that much money on food living here. Food and public transportation in Korea are inexpensive, and the apartment rent is taken care of, so teaching here is a great opportunity to save up money and pay off student loans. I would definitely recommend this experience to other recent grads who want to go on an adventure before settling down.

It's best if you don't order your college transcripts until you know for sure that the school you're offered a position at actually requires them.
Camille

Support

I have been in contact with Niko Manolagas t and he has been such a great help! I have been struggling to try to find a good time for me to go to South Korea to teach abroad and he has been so patient and willing to answer any questions I have! I was in contact with another program prior to this and I didn't feel as comfortable asking questions as I have been through this program. I feel appreciated and supported! He has been very helpful at giving me unbiased answers to situations. I feel so comfortable and I know if I was in a bad situation the employees would help me in any way they could.

Mo

Experience of a Lifetime!

Travel and Teach Recruiting did a great job setting up my move to Korea. Within the first month upon talking to my recruiter, Niko, I was offered multiple jobs and finally chose an academy that fit my preferences. Then came 2 months of paperwork and planning, and I was in Korea and teaching! My academy was a great school that really took care of me and my needs. I felt safe, secure, and was offered assistance from T&T and my academy. This experience has really turned out better than I expected! You'll have loads of fun living and teaching here as long as you're in the right mindset. Keep in mind that work life in Korea is quite strenuous, especially when it comes to academies. You are literally working hard and playing hard, but that shouldn't be a bad thing! Stay positive and try to be open to new experiences. You won't regret it!

Ryan

Great way to spend a year overseas!

Had a fantastic session with one of the staff here (Niko). Was super friendly and supportive, the process was so simple despite being a little rushed due to the time constraints on the employer. The process was a little annoying due to where I was living, but easy enough with the help of the staff. If you are looking for a year abroad and want a company to help set it up, definitely recommend these guys!

Ben

Great Time

Teaching in S. Korea was my first real job after graduating, and although it was daunting I never regretted the decision: I made friends for life, had an amazing time living abroad, saved up some money and learned essential skills to become a better teacher and worker.

Like anywhere it's not perfect: Korean bosses are very different and some are a little uppity, but my coteachers were lovely and we really bonded. The social scene when I was there was great and it is growing every year with more Koreans and foreigners mixing. Korea is a great location to travel elsewhere too: little trips to Japan, the Philippines and others were easily possible.

Tracy

In Korea with Travel & Teach

Niko and Travel & Teach did a great job with helping me secure my placement in Korea. I was placed in a school in downtown Seoul that I absolutely love! Niko made sure to answer all of my questions before leaving and followed up with me once I arrived to make sure everything was going okay. I'm now in my fourth month living in Seoul and am having an amazing time. I would definitely recommend Travel & Teach to anyone who is looking to teach in Korea. I have heard some horror stories about some bad schools (hagwons) here but Travel & Teach set me up with a great school that has very good staff and many other foreign teachers. Before you accept an offer I would recommend emailing some questions to a few teachers that are already at your future school to make sure it is a good fit. Thanks Niko and Travel & Teach!

Andrew

Life in Korea

My girlfriend and I are currently 3 months into our contracts in Naju. So far we have hugely enjoyed our time here and have had lots of fun. Travel and Teach were very helpful in finding us a placement at the same school allowing us to live together. We have had lots of free time as we only work Monday to Friday and have not had to prepare anything outside of our working life. Our colleagues at school have been extremely friendly and supportive making our time at work fun. We have had the time to be able to visit various places in Korea such as Busan and Jeju which has been an amazing experience! Whilst being able to do this we have also been able to save half of our salary due to the fact that our region is relatively cheap. I would say to anyone that is considering teaching in Korea that it is a fantastic experience and a very good opportunity to both save money and travel.

Amber

If you're thinking about teaching abroad, Korea is the place to be!

I thought about teaching abroad for about 4 years before I finally took the leap. Travel and Teach made the process clear and easy, especially for someone like me who has never travelled abroad. Niko was available for every step of the process, and if any issues arose, he was there to help ease me through it. I'm here in Korea and I'm amazed that it happened so quickly. Niko got me an interview soon after my initial intake, and within a few months, I was on a plane and could not be happier with the result. Of course, the experience comes with its ups and downs, but that's to be expected. I just want to say that it's not as difficult as one might imagine, so don't let this opportunity pass you by.

I had financial issues when I first arrived because getting my ARC took longer than I was told, and you cannot get a bank account without your ARC (and because of this, you cannot be reimbursed for your expenses right away). I was told to exchange a few hundred American dollars, which did not last long. I would recommend having 500,000 to 1,000,000 won for the first few weeks, to be safe. Also, please let people know that they should hold on to ticket stubs and receipts, especially for the bus ride from the airport. I know some things were mentioned, but I don't recall being told to keep my ticket stub. I expected to be reimbursed for my bus ticket, but could not be because I had lost it after unpacking. It's not a huge loss, but when you're in the chaos of moving abroad, it helps to be given exact instructions to offset the overwhelming parts of the move. Other than that, the program seems to get people what they want.
Rebecca

Travel and Teach Experience

My husband and I both used Travel and Teach Recruiting in order to get our current ESL teaching jobs in Daegu, South Korea. The experience was not perfect. We came to this country with several concerns, and incomplete answers to questions involving insurance coverage. We also were never provided with our address prior to moving in. However, despite out worries, everything turned out well. Our recruiter had helped us with all the most important parts of finding a job and completing the visa process. He gave us detailed information on how to fill out our applications and which materials we would need. Overall, picking up and moving to a new country to teach is a huge ordeal. There is a never-ending list of tasks of involved. This was also possibly exaggerated in our situation because we have just graduated from University only weeks before we connected with TTR. Our recruiter did a good job of insuring the most important items on that list were well taken care of. My husband and I have been working at our current school for a little over one month. We are both really happy here. The people we work with, the area, and the pay have all met our expectations, or went beyond them. I would definitely use TTR again!

At time sit seemed our recruiter would give us answers to questions before he had received confirmation on them from our school. In one situation, he told us the school would reimburse our plane tickets even though the contract stated they would buy the tickets outright. Later, he needed to correct himself and tell us that they had in-fact purchased the tickets. Everything worked out on our end, but the initial miscommunication was frustrating.
Jorge

A great site

This website is phenomenal is help me get a killer job in Seoul, the staff was super helpful and answered all my questions. I loved my stay in Seoul, I had always wanted to give in a megacity. I studied anthropology and I can I say without a doubt thatKorean culture is sointeresting on so many levels. The kids are amazing. But be sure this is what you want, it can be stressful at points. Kids are wild and more intelligent than you think. Still it is wonderful

Aidan

A damn fine job

Travel and Teach got me a job quickly when no one else could. I worked with at least 5 or 6 different recruiters before coming to Travel and Teach and many would promise a lot and deliver very little. Travel and Teach got me a job so that I could be close to my wife and did so quickly and efficiently. They walked me through the whole process and were always available on call to explain or talk through any queries.
All in all Travel and Teach allowed me to finally live with my wife and we are now expecting twins so a big thank you to everyone at Travel and Teach.
A damn fine job!

The only problem I had was with the time differences between Australia and South Africa. Despite being on almost the same timezone as Korea I would often have to wait up to three days to get a message relayed to the school and that slowed the visa application process significantly. It would be nice if there was someone stationed in South Korea who could take on the applicants who live closer to that timezone.
Elizabeth

I'd do it again!

Hi there, I'm happy to promote Travel and Teach Recruiting for those thinking of teaching in Korea. Don't try to do it on your own, use a recruiter as they will give you a detailed checklist of everything you need to do, including the proper timeframes to get them done. Niko was my recruiter and he always happily responded to my concerns and answered my questions promptly. The best part - he found me a job at a Canadian affiliated school with a higher salary than what I was expecting in a hogwan! I moved to Incheon summer 2017 and I'm in a new international city that has everything I wanted in a school. I bike to work, I'm an hour and a half subway from Seoul, and a 15 minute ride from a busy, happening spot in Incheon. I highly recommend Travel and Teach recruiting for everyone looking to teach in Korea!

Help qualified teachers find international schools to teach at.

About Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc.

Established in 2001, Travel and Teach has stayed true to our commitment to our teachers and have placed 1000s of satisfied university graduates in amazing placements since then.

Everyone at Travel and Teach has taught in Korea, so we understand -...