Paid Teaching Program in South Korea with TravelBud

EU Nationals now welcome on our Thailand program

Almost all of our programs require you to be from the US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand. Our Thailand program now accepts EU nationals with a bachelor's degree and a C1 level of English proficiency! No teaching experience or TEFL/TESOL certificate required as you can join our in-country TESOL course conducted in Thailand before you start working.

If you have a degree and are looking to get the holy trinity of gap year goals under your belt - traveling the world, experiencing new cultures, getting paid well - then teaching English in South Korea is definitely for you! Our placements, whether you choose public schools or private language centers across South Korea, all come with amazing perks like great pay, free accommodation, flight reimbursement, and 24/7 pre-departure and in-country support.

We offer both regular online and an in-class TESOL course done in Korea for 2018. There are a lot of benefits to our packages like airport pickups, cultural orientation, visa guidance and complete assistance throughout the complex job application and interview process. The TravelBud team have also all taught English overseas before, so you'll be speaking to someone in the know who can answer all your questions both serious and simple.

• Great pay of around $2300 per month + bonus pay
  • Free furnished accommodation
  • Flights to South Korea reimbursed
  • Choice between public and private school placement
  • Choice between online or in-class TESOL course included in the program

Hi Sharon, thanks for reaching out. I see you're asking this in relation to our South Korea program. For teaching English in South Korea, a bachelor's degree is a prerequisite meaning you cannot legally get a job in the country without one. Being a very organised and developed country I would not recommend going the route of trying to get a job illegally here as the rules aren't easily bent by the...

• Instruction 8.7
  • Difficulty 7.1
  • Job Assistance 9.2
Patrick

Awesome service

Everyone I worked with was amazing and they guided me to accomplishing my dream of teaching abroad.

Saskia and Sabine answered all my questions so quickly, and really helped me through the entire trip. They are always willing to help me and they give great advice.

I do wish the program worked a little more with the schools. Instead you in end having to go through middlemen which is a little frustrating. I think this would have a really helped me with the few issues I had. Overall, very awesome.

Work more with the schools
Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the wonderful review Patrick! And thanks even more for the feedback on the relationship with the schools, we'll chat it over with the team and see what else can be done to make things even smoother for future applicants.

Wishing you all the best in your journey of personal growth, adventure and in enriching the lives of your students!

Mathew

My Experience

I found the assistance from Travel Bud to be excellent. The staff were very helpful and provided me with very valuable information. At no point did I feel that I could not approach Travel Bud with any concerns I had. Their availability to help me at any point was much appreciated. Saskia Smuts was especially helpful and provided excellent support and information which helped me to make well informed decisions.
I want like to extend my sincerest gratitude to all the staff at Travel Bud very their help and assistance in helping me to have an amazing experience in South Korea.

Response from TravelBud

Hi Matthew, thanks so much for the review! We're all so chuffed to hear how well Saskia did helping you with your preparation. She works so hard to make each and everyone's experience a great one so it's fantastic to hear when it's noticed and appreciated.

Wishing you all the best with your placement in Korea!

Tessa

South Korea

I have really enjoyed myself so far. It is a great country and most of the people are very friendly. My life has changed a lot and this experience is an eye opener. Each school is different so you shouldn't suspect any similarities. The lifestyle isn't to expensive and public transport is simple to use. I think the only way to understand their culture is to experience it yourself and make the most of it.

Response from TravelBud

Hi Tessa, thanks so much for the wonderful review!

It's great to see you embracing this experience with open arms and immersing yourself in the culture. Your attitude is exactly how it should be to make the most of your time in Korea.

Wishing you every success in your teaching placement, we're all sure you'll rock it!

Bronwen

In country SK TESOL course review

I would recommend the in country TESOL course as the experience is amazing. You get to interact with the facilitators and coordinators on a daily basis and their support and expertise is wonderful to have. The staff at TravelBud and their partners are professional, well organized and assists one to the best of their ability. The course itself is well planned and the support and training we receive is practical and realistic.

The only useful I can give is to come without any expectations. You'll be pleasantly surprised by what you learn both in and outside the classroom. I cannot comment on the post-program part as I am yet to complete it but so far so good. My favourite experience to date is the orientation week as we didn't know what to expect upon arrival but we learned so much and continue to learn everyday. All the activities were well planned and executed without fault.

This is truly a life changing experience and the impact on my life so far has only been positive.

Response from TravelBud

Hey Bronwen, wow what an amazing review! Thanks so much. We know a lot of hard work went into making this in-country orientation and TESOL a success, so it's great to hear it was so well received! We are really thrilled that you chose to do this through us and are humbled that we get to be part of your life-changing experience! Cannot wait to see how your year turns out!

Dominique

My experience

I thought the whole process before I came to Seoul was really great. The team was really informative and handled my worries and questions well. I felt good about my decisions because I was being supported very well. I think my only problem was that once I arrived in Seoul I was thrust straight into the work. I had assumed that the company orientation woild take place once I started, or even before. I was only informed about an orientation and meet up after I had been here for over a month already. I had to settle myself, with next to no help or guidance.

Maybe have set guidelines of what to do once we have arrived, or make sure the schools are providing them.
Sethu

Thankful :)

This month marks my 4th month teaching in South Korea and feel so settled and could not think of doing anything else. Everyday is such a joy get to go to work and see such cute, excited and curious faces I call my students. The culture, the people (whom have welcomed in with such warm smiles and heart) and of course the food!! wow!
I am however thankful to the team that helped me get to where I am today, from the start to the finish line. Throughout the whole process, i am thankful to the team at Travelbud for the amazing management of the process, the support and the amazing communication and following up. I am also thankful to the team for the amazing TESOL course, they really equipped me to be the teacher I get the joy of being today, from lesson planning, class management, teaching skills etc.
And above all, I am thankful to the team in preparing me for this big move and probably one of the best decisions I've made to date.

I honestly thought the program was so well run and facilitated.
Daniell

support every step of the way

Moving to any new country to go work can be terrifying and coming to Korea is no exception. I was overwhelmed with the process of getting to South Korea until I was made aware of travelbud. The company guided me every single step of the way and I was exposed to quality and personal service all along the process. Their support is also carrying one even now that I am in the country and working. I was very satisfied with their hands on approach in helping me teach abroad

Lerushca

What the Brochure Didn’t Say

I spent twelve months in Yeosu, Korea, a hilly seaside town filled with possibilities. What is lacks in fast-paced Seoul-like metropolitan charm, it makes up for with its ability to wake up the adventurer in you. There are brochures pointing you to the tourist spots, but jumping on a bus and exploring a new part of town, an island or beach or even the “mountain” behind my flat used to yield much more exciting experiences. I had the privilege to meet fantastic new friends with whom I shared an actual connection beyond drinking and partying.

The support from TravelBud was really good, they assisted in my predeparture preparation and would often check in the following months. It was a great help to have somebody else sort out my SIM card. I attended a belated orientation (because I arrived shortly after they had finished another) and met some lovely people from all around the world based in other parts of Korea. Thinking back to the Korean cooking class still makes me smile and salivate a little.

Don’t be fooled; Korea is not for the cowardly. There were difficult times, occasional times that made me wonder what I was thinking. Not even the handsome salary seemed enough. That said I found my sense of humour this year so those few moments were soon dwarfed by the epiphanies, friendships, laughs and splendour that I experienced in my time in sleepy Yeosu. If you have that curiosity in your heart that beckons you to explore and find the joy, you won’t be disappointed.

Jessica

Thank you! TravelBud

Last year I decided to pack up my stuff and move half way across the world. I kept hearing about what great teaching opportunities there were in South Korea and how much money I could save teaching here. Of course I didn't believe everything I heard. A friend of mine who was already in South Korea suggested I contact TravelBud and enquire about the opportunities available in Korea. He said he was happy with TravelBud and would recommend it to anyone. So I contacted them, and the journey of a lifetime began.
Naturally I was nervous and worried about moving to a foreign country, a country i had just heard of in passing. TravelBud were there for me every step of the way. They responded really fast, and gave me all the information I needed. I liked that they broke things down for me into manageable bits. It can get really overwhelming if you don't have anyone guiding you through the process. Looking back, I am sure that if TravelBud was not there for me I would honestly not be here today. Even though at the time I was based in Tanzania , TravelBud were so good that it didn't matter where I was. I still got the support I needed. They were so friendly, and caring that they made a process that would otherwise be quite stressful very easy and even enjoyable. I received guidance at every stage. They were extremely professional and definitely knew what they were talking about. They also let me know what to expect once I got here.
Now I am 7 months into my teaching contract in South Korea and I could not be happier. I got placed at an amazing school . I have had absolutely no problems with salary or apartment. I managed to save a decent sum and pay off my loans. I also got to experience a whole new culture. P.S . The food here is amazing.
I have heard so many horror stories of things going wrong here that I am glad that I had TravelBud there for me.
Just as someone recommended them to me, I would happily recommend them to anyone else.

I can honestly not think of a single improvement that needs to be made. They were amazing.
Response from TravelBud

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jessica! We are really happy to hear how much of an amazing time you have had so far in South Korea. It's reviews like these that make us love doing what we do.

Keep in touch,
The TravelBud Team :)

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...