Panrimo Study Abroad in France: Grenoble, Lyon, Paris

By Panrimo   Reviews (2)   80% Rating

Grenoble: Nestled in the southern French Alps mountain range, Grenoble has a relaxed atmosphere with just over 150,000 people, making it an excellent city for this immersion program. Students live with carefully selected host families and take classes at University of Grenoble Stendhal, a highly regarded language learning institution. Perfect those serious about learning language!

Lyon: Lyon is one of the greatest secrets of France. Not only is it the center of world cooking, it has some of the best site seeing in the country. Students take courses taught in English with local Lyonnais classmates, at Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, all while drinking in the beautiful French city around them.

Paris: The seminal city of light, love, and laughter, Paris has attracted students for centuries. Whether studying French at University of Paris IV Sorbonne, or taking English language classes at American Business School Paris, this is the program built for the ultimate Francophile.

This program is designed for the serious French-learning student - held at the University of Grenoble Stendhal, and nestled in the mountains (and with courses only taught in French!), attending this university is the perfect immersion for students to rapidly develop their French language proficiency. This program is available for a semester or a short term summer session, with housing options varying dependent on the program. Inclusive program excursions include weekend trips to Paris and Lyon!

Study abroad in Lyon, where Panrimo partners with University of Lyon 3 to offer a variety of course options taught in English across many subject areas. French courses are also available to students from all levels of language study. Did you know Lyon is the world's center of gastronomy and regional cooking? Delight your taste buds and other senses as you explore this city and avoid the tourist traps!

These different study abroad opportunities with Panrimo offer something for every student wanting to study abroad in France. Check the Panrimo website for more information!

View Program Information
Romance Studies
Social Sciences
U.S. Studies
Cost Description:

Personal Advisor, Financial Aid Guidance, Credit Transfer Assistance, Visa and Passport Application Guidance, Personalized Entry Packet, Tuition, Fees, Campus Amenities, Housing, Excursions, Onsite Coordinator, Airport Pick-Up, Orientation, Health Insurance, and Transcripts are included in the program cost. Scholarships are available from

Participants travel to the program independently (not in a group with other participants).
Some travel is required during the program.
Statement of Purpose
Phone / Skype Interview
Age Requirement
Visa Requirement

Leave a question about this program for our reviewers to answer.
Account Info
Great question! I'm sure you'll want to know when you get an answer, so tell us your email and we'll let you know. If you've previously created an account you can login in here.

Leave a Review
  • dkoga
    Age: 19-24
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Grenoble Study Abroad - Summer

Although I was only in Grenoble for a month, it was an amazing experience. A typical day was getting up in the morning, stopping at a bakery or grocery store that was below my apartment for breakfast, and heading to school on the train. It was so different for me to take public transit to school every day, also walking a bit to and from the transit stops but it was a GREAT experience for me. I stayed a little ways outside of Grenoble with an amazing host family. My house was really nice and my host mom made delicious food every single night I was there. The school was nice and so were the students. I met students from all over the world which was one of the best experiences of my trip. I wasn't a huge fan of my professor but I think that was just bad luck because most students seemed to enjoy their classes. Grenoble itself is a cute city that has a lot of charm but still quite a bit to do. It is a great place to be a student. There are fabulous restaurants, museums, parks, festivals, and probably whatever else you are interested in. It is a short train ride away from major cities like Lyon and Paris. Panrimo does a good job providing support during the program. It is a small program, which is nice. The excursions were fun and interesting, but I felt as though since it is still kind of a young program, that they are still perfecting some things about the excursions. The school itself offers amazing trips and opportunities like hiking, rafting, trips to the mountains, etc. That was one of my favorite things about Universite de Grenoble. I was able to take a French cooking class, a trip to Avignon, and a trip to Chamonix ( a mountain town in the Alps).

How could this program be improved?

I wish the excursions would have been more organized and I wish there would have been more students in the program. I think both of these things will develop further with time since it is still a young program.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 2 Inspiring: 0
  • Haley
    Age: 19-24
    Saginaw, MI
    Saginaw Valley State University
    A day in the life of a Parisian

My day usually began with waking up, having a baguette on the way to the metro station to get to school by 9:00am. My classes were challenging but I can't say I didn't learn a ton! I was usually finished with class around 4:00pm, which left the evenings for getting lost and then finding myself again after stumbling into the most unique places. Dinner followed around 8:00pm with friends for the American Business School. Many evenings were spent walking around downtown and observing the breathtaking architectures at night, most of which were lit up in some way.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 0 Inspiring: 0

About the provider

Based in Birmingham, Michigan, Panrimo is an intern and study abroad provider committed to offering travel experiences that connect you to world culture. We keep our excursion groups small, our focus on the student, and the experience immersive to give program participants the best overseas experience possible.

Panrimo: What it means

Eons ago, the world was one land mass called Pangaea. Thanks to land bridges, ancient travelers could go anywhere they wanted on foot! Unfortunately, as Pangaea broke into separate continents, traveling became more difficult. Panrimo reconnects the world, making it easier for you to follow in your ancestors' steps.

In fact, that's what our name is all about: "pan" for Pangaea, on world, and "rimo", the Latin word for explore.

This is your journey, and we'll take you there!

Staff Interviews