3 Panrimo Study Abroad Programs in France

Provider: Panrimo

Is Grenoble For You? Nestled in the southern French Alps mountain range, Grenoble is one of the best college towns in all of France. The city has a relaxed atmosphere with just over 150,000 people, making Grenoble the ideal place to learn French.

Is Lyon For You? Lyon is one of the greatest secrets of France. Not only is it the center of world cooking, it has some of the best Roman ruins. Lyon is perfect for students seeking courses taught in English with local Lyonnais classmates, and in a city without many tourists.

Is Paris For You? The city where everything flourishes past excess. European architecture built more defiantly. Politics felt for passionately. And philosophy argued more intently. It is Paris breeding this love and commitment in everything its people do. Take in a gallery, go see a show, or simply read and write the senses enveloping you, making dreaming a full-time job.

Grenoble

This program is designed for the serious French-learning student - held at the University of Grenoble Stendhal, and nestled in the mountains (and with courses only taught in French!), attending this university is the perfect immersion for students to rapidly develop their French language proficiency. This program is available for a semester or a short term summer session, with housing options varying dependent on the program. Inclusive program excursions include weekend trips to Paris and Lyon!

Lyon

Study abroad in Lyon, where Panrimo partners with University of Lyon 3 to offer a variety of course options taught in English across many subject areas. French courses are also available to students from all levels of language study. Did you know Lyon is the world's center of gastronomy and regional cooking? Delight your taste buds and other senses as you explore this city and avoid the tourist traps!

These different study abroad opportunities with Panrimo offer something for every student wanting to study abroad in France. Check the Panrimo website for more information!

Program Info

Statistics
Tourism
U.S. Studies
Cost Description:

Personal Advisor, Financial Aid Guidance, Pre-Departure Orientation Booklet, Credit Transfer Assistance, Visa and Passport Application Assistance, Personalized Questionnaire, Tailor-Made Entry Packet, Tuition, Fees, Campus Amenities, Housing, Tons of Excursions and Cultural Immersion Activities, Onsite Coordinator, Airport Pick-Up and Transfer, Next Day Orientation, International Health Insurance, Transcripts, Airport Pick-Up for Life, Access to Panrimo's Coordinators, Letter of Recommendation from Cofounders, Archiving of, Host University Transcripts, Visa and Passport Assistance, International Travel Tips and Advice, Access to Panrimo's Excursions and Cultural Immersion.

Languages:
French
Housing:
Home-stay
Travel:
Participants travel to the program independently (not in a group with other participants).
Some travel is required during the program.
Application:

Positive
Leave a Review
  • dkoga
    Age: 19-24
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    Grenoble Study Abroad - Summer
    11/23/2013

Although I was only in Grenoble for a month, it was an amazing experience. A typical day was getting up in the morning, stopping at a bakery or grocery store that was below my apartment for breakfast, and heading to school on the train. It was so different for me to take public transit to school every day, also walking a bit to and from the transit stops but it was a GREAT experience for me. I stayed a little ways outside of Grenoble with an amazing host family. My house was really nice and my host mom made delicious food every single night I was there. The school was nice and so were the students. I met students from all over the world which was one of the best experiences of my trip. I wasn't a huge fan of my professor but I think that was just bad luck because most students seemed to enjoy their classes. Grenoble itself is a cute city that has a lot of charm but still quite a bit to do. It is a great place to be a student. There are fabulous restaurants, museums, parks, festivals, and probably whatever else you are interested in. It is a short train ride away from major cities like Lyon and Paris. Panrimo does a good job providing support during the program. It is a small program, which is nice. The excursions were fun and interesting, but I felt as though since it is still kind of a young program, that they are still perfecting some things about the excursions. The school itself offers amazing trips and opportunities like hiking, rafting, trips to the mountains, etc. That was one of my favorite things about Universite de Grenoble. I was able to take a French cooking class, a trip to Avignon, and a trip to Chamonix ( a mountain town in the Alps).

How could this program be improved?

I wish the excursions would have been more organized and I wish there would have been more students in the program. I think both of these things will develop further with time since it is still a young program.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 1 Inspiring: 0
  • Haley Daignault
    Age: 19-24
    Saginaw, MI
    Saginaw Valley State University
    A day in the life of a Parisian
    11/01/2011

My day usually began with waking up, having a baguette on the way to the metro station to get to school by 9:00am. My classes were challenging but I can't say I didn't learn a ton! I was usually finished with class around 4:00pm, which left the evenings for getting lost and then finding myself again after stumbling into the most unique places. Dinner followed around 8:00pm with friends for the American Business School. Many evenings were spent walking around downtown and observing the breathtaking architectures at night, most of which were lit up in some way.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 0 Inspiring: 0

Alumni Interviews

• Why did you decide to study abroad with Panrimo in France?

Haley: I work as a study abroad student adviser at SVSU and have quite a bit of knowledge about each of the companies I had to choose from. I had talked to Panrimo various times about my program opportunities and they were always very friendly and willing to answer even the simplest questions that I had. I had been on an itinerary based program before and I wasn't looking for that again. I really wanted the opportunity to explore on my own and grow as an individual while still knowing that Panrimo was there if something were to go wrong. I appreciated their expertise and quickly responses and from there, the rest is history.

The Louvre, world famous art museum in Paris
    The Louvre, world famous art museum in Paris

What made studying in France a unique and special experience?

Haley: My grandparents are French and have always encouraged all the grandchildren to travel and take French. So when I began my Freshman year of high school I begin classes. I continued to grow and progress with the language and finally decided that I needed to just go and see for myself what it is really like. I also am an International Business major and this program offered the opportunity for me to take International Business Electives to satisfy my degree requirement. I have always wanted to experience France and feel so grateful I finally got that opportunity.

Overlooking the city of Paris
    Overlooking the city of Paris

How did this experience impact your academic development?

Haley: This experience has opened my eyes to the world around me. I like to think that I have always been a global thinker and a travel enthusiast. However, this experience taught me a great deal about the differences between American business and European Business. It gave me more insight into the different viewpoints of people and why they think the way they do. I like to think that I am more culturally sensitive and a globally aware citizen. Finally, my experience has taught me the importance of being aware of more than just what is effecting you directly. I have learned to submerse myself in a foreign culture and adapt with success. How many people can say that?

Staff Interviews

• camel riding desert
    Riding a camel somewhere in the desert in Morocco.

Did YOU study abroad?! If so, where and what inspired you to go?

Audry: I did study abroad, for six weeks in Grenoble, France. French was my favorite class in high school and I promised myself that I would study in France while in college to put my language skills to use. It was the best decision I ever made, and without my even knowing, it laid the groundwork for my career in International Education. Studying abroad opens so many doors.

Why is language learning and cultural immersion important to you?

Audry: Language learning and cultural immersion is important because it enables you to create meaningful connections with people and places in ways that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. I think it also adds a new dimension to the way you view yourself and others when you become a speaker of another language.

What language have you always wanted to learn and why ?

Audry: Even though I speak French, I'd still love to learn other languages. At the top of my list are German and Romanian. I've always been intrigued by both because I have family in both countries and I'd love to be able to communicate with my family members there in their native language.

What country have you always wanted to visit?

Audry: Ireland has been on my list for years, but I just haven't checked it off yet. Advising students on our program in Galway gets me so excited for them and all they'll get to see and learn, and also makes me even more anxious to get there myself! I want to see what (real) Guinness is all about, visit Giant's Causeway, kiss the Blarney Stone, and listen to that charming accent all day!

About the provider

Panrimo is a company born of a friendship established between co-founders Paul and Tony while studying at Western Michigan University. Because of their mutual interests in travel, seeing new places, and the desire to avoid a monotonous college life, Paul and Tony put their heads together to come up with "Panrimo." Described as "an odd name for a serious decision," it salutes both Pangea (yes, the super connected super continent!) and the Latin word for explore, "rimo," thus denoting their underlying message- travel better, in a world that's connected better.

Panroamer alumni are guaranteed lifetime admittance into the Panrimo Travel Club - this includes access to free airport pick up in Panrimo's host countries, access to Panrimo coordinators in partner cities, letters of recommendation from the founders, visa and passport assistance, international travel advice, and access to Panrimo's excursions and cultural immersion activities - for life!