CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France

CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France

Imagine spending a semester in Paris, the embodiment of fine art, cuisine, and fashion. Home to one of the world’s most beautiful skylines, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Notre-Dame, and the enchanting Seine River, Paris has an incredible history. Experience the beauty of Paris easily by taking the Metro or with the city’s famed public bike system.

Choose from a wide range of courses offered in both English and French. CEA partners with Paris-Sorbonne University, The Catholic University of Paris, and Novancia Business School and has a Paris Study Center. You can take courses at one of these partner institutions, at the CEA Paris Study Center, or enroll in hybrid learning program.

In addition to Study Abroad programs, explore CEA Internships Abroad, our dynamic program that provides hands-on, practical experience to help you rise above the competition.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions
Art History
Cultural Studies
Global Studies
High School Diploma
Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.

My Semester Abroad

I had an amazing time studying with CEA in Paris. The onsite staff was so supportive, the classes were interesting, and I made AMAZING friends. We went on really fun excursions, and I loved being able to travel. I was nervous about how I would fit in with other students, but I made friends quickly. I was also nervous about how classes would go, but everything turned out great. Again, the classes were really interesting, and I loved my professors. They were all so kind and helpful. I would definitely go abroad with CEA again.

Great First Study Abroad Experience

As someone who has never gone abroad before, CEA made the whole process much easier and less daunting. Luckily, I was able to get a travel voucher that covered my roundtrip flight, making the overall cost more manageable (plus I was able to arrive two months early to do some traveling!). The US staff was wonderful leading up to departure and I absolutely adored everyone at the Paris location--if you are feeling unsure or have literally any question ever (what's the best bakery, how do I use the metro, etc.) they will help you!

I lived with a host family in a large apartment in the 11th arrondissement, which was super cool, but be warned that it may be more difficult to hang with friends when you are with a host family!

My advice is to NOT take a whole bunch of classes. Typically, I take 6 classes a semester at home and manage, but I was only taking 4 while abroad and was overwhelmed, especially during midterms/finals. Don't let school get in the way of learning, as Paris has much to teach.

Overall, the excursions were AWESOME, there is always something to do in Paris, and I met a ton of people that I know will be a big part of my life for years to come. Thank you for everything CEA.

More interaction with locals and French students would be great. The students at Sorbonne/Diderot have more opportunities to meet locals, but us at CEA have a harder time. Otherwise, don't change a thing.

An Immersive Program With Attentive Staff!

CEA made the logistics of studying abroad easy and accessible. Their thorough attention to detail (like helping us through the student visa process, ensuring that our first few days in a new country weren't terrifying, and being there to solve any problem throughout the semester) let me feel safe and free to enjoy my time abroad.

Along with courses tailored to French culture and the city of Paris, CEA also included numerous excursions to city events and trips around the country. These experiences let me understand and enjoy France in a way I'm incredibly grateful for.

The staff at the CEA Paris Center were absolutely lovely! They truly made Paris feel like a home to me, and their interest in our lives/experience made it feel like more than just a school campus.

I so recommend studying abroad with CEA, because you won't be able to craft such an immersive and breathtaking experience anyway else.

Possibly by housing some CEA students closer together, as we were evenly spread across the city.

CEA Study Abroad Fall 2017

I knew I wanted to study abroad in Paris and CEA was the right fit for me! I was immediately drawn to the fun courses they offered - my photography and oenology courses were actually as fun as how cool they sounded in the beginning. CEA takes care of all the stuff you don't want to like housing and maintenance, and they also give us tips and advice along the way. I would recommend becoming a MOJO blogger/photographer for a great way to document your time abroad while building your resume. The excursions included in the program, especially Honfleur, was super fun to hang out with the other CEA kids in Paris!

I would make sure there is more inclusion with French local students - I was able to mingle with other peers since I was in the Global Competence class, but I would expand on this.

Life Changer

My experience studying abroad shaped the way I want to live my life. The professors were personable and adaptable, the housing was clean and accessible, and the country was inclusive. Because of this experience, I decided to continue my education and am now in a master’s program for Intercultural Communication. I can’t wait to live in France and I know I have support when I return from the friends I have made there and staff I have met.

This program provided all of the necessities and gave cultural and diversity training, which was amazing to be apart of. It would be beneficial to continue the training to last more than just a day, as I’ve learned a ton from it.

Great experience with CEA!

I absolutely loved my semester with CEA. Professors and staff members were fantastic, it was easy to make friends, and I enjoyed everything CEA had to offer (excursions, activities, and information for getting involved outside CEA). My only complaints would be when it comes to course difficulty and absence policy. The courses were a lot more difficult than I was anticipating for study abroad, and I felt as though the absence policy was a lot stricter than necessary. Nevertheless, I had an incredible time with CEA, and I would absolutely recommend CEA Paris to anyone.

Bad First Impression and Poor System of Assigning Roommates

I am giving CEA a 1 star for their disappointing first impression and for their poor system of assigning roommates. I have studied abroad once before, through a different program, where I had no problems with roommate requests. If anything, roommate requests should make CEA’s job easier when it comes to matching roommates. I had requested to be with my friend back in November, and I was with her when she accepted my request. That should be a big enough indicator that we wanted to be together. CEA is claiming that I needed to also accept her request which seems like a whole unnecessary second step. When I called CEA to ask about our roommate assignments, they were able to see that we had requested each other. When I asked why they did not honor our roommate request, they were not able to give me a valid reason. Not only am I not roommates with my friend, but she’s not even in the same building as I am in! I would have been less inclined to complain if she going to at least be placed in the same building as me. CEA should make roommate requests a bigger priority because some people choose to be roommates because of plans to borrow/share clothes, toiletries, electronics or so they can split bills on groceries or taxi cab fees, etc. It is not only inconvenient, but it also adds an unnecessary risk to our safety. Our travel plans include us arriving to airports and train stations late at night and it is unfortunate that we now have to take separate routes to get to our own apartments instead of us just staying together. It is obviously safer to arrive back to your apartment with someone, so if two people knew that they would be with each other the majority of their stay, I don’t understand why CEA would not want to honor their roommate requests. I have worked incredibly hard to save money for this program and it is so disappointing that this program does not try harder in granting roommate requests. I have talked to other people on this program and they too have said their roommate requests were not granted. I will not let this roommate mix up incident ruin my trip, but hopefully CEA proves to be more accommodating, organized, and hospitable for the remaining of the program.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Dear Kiana,

We are sorry that your initial pre-departure experience with CEA was not as positive as we would hope. When you brought your disappointment to our attention, we solved the issue within 24 hours and placed you in an apartment with your preferred roommate. We also found roommate solutions for the other students you mentioned. Our goal is to provide the most positive and rewarding student experience possible. We sincerely hope that your experience in Paris was valuable and that you enjoyed expanding your horizons abroad.

The CEA Study Abroad Team

No, I don't recommend

j'adore Paris!!

I could not recommend CEA Pais enough. I dont want to leave, none of us do, and many of my friends are even staying a year now because they cant leave! In short, | would say it is a city where you cannot have complaints, and CEA really meets you to ensure your time is even better. They were careful to match us with roommates who we are most alike, who will hopefully be my new friends for life! We were so fortunate to have a gorgeous and very spacious apartment, which can be so hard to come by in Paris, in a safe and very french arrondissement.

In Paris, you are living in a city where you will hear little to no English in passing, you basically must know at least key french words to get by, and I actually felt fully apart and integrated into the french culture off the bat. That is definitely someting I can't say about other european cities I visited. I feel so lucky to know I have really and truly had an experience where I can call it a home, and don't consider myself a tourist, because you quickly learn that you won't be treated the way you want to if you act like a tourist. I learned to adapt to a culture completly different from my own!

If you are to join CEA Paris, my one advice is, DO everything. Go to the free events: soccer games, wine tastings, tours, overnight trips, because those were where we became close as a program and | built relationships with students (CEA students) from all over the united states that I would have never met otherwise.

a review of CEA

I did enjoy my time at CEA very much. 4/5 of my professors were excellent. My experience was incredible, and I loved Paris so much. Thank you for a great semester. I had a great experience with great professors, for the most part and the CEA administration is excellent. I lived in a lovely neighborhood, although my dorm wasnt the greatest (not through any fault of CEA), they were lovely and very helpful.

Overall Great Experience

Like any study abroad experiences there are going to be ups and downs but the program CEA in Paris France is able to help you navigate through the complexities of the transitions. The classes might have been a little bit harder than I was expecting but nothing that wasn't unmanageable. The staff were very friendly and approachable so any questions I might have had could be easily answered. My only criticism would be that I think there could have been more done to introduce the students to one another to make it easier to branch out an meet new people.

La Vie en France

Taking a leap of faith in coming to Paris, I could not be happier with my experiance. Especially with how much I have grown as an independant individual. Getting to know locals and making friends in the city and in my dorm has made contacts that I will have for the rest of my life. I know I will be back here soon, and don't want my experiance to end. Greatful for this opportunity. Taking a leap of faith in coming to Paris, I could not be happier with my experiance. Especially with how much I have grown as an independant individual. Getting to know locals and making friends in the city and in my dorm has made contacts that I will have for the rest of my life. I know I will be back here soon, and don't want my experiance to end. Greatful for this opportunity.

Ease up on the homework.

Secrets of Paris

I really really enjoyed the semester overall! We got to participate in lots of adventures with the program. At the end of the semester I was able to present what I had learned this semester to my peers and get to see what they had worked on as well. This entire program was such an amazing experience and I met so many wonderful people through it. I lived in a dorm and was able to meet a lot of international students and learn about their lives and it was really great!

I think my only recommendation is maybe how the money is spent and seeing more directly going towards our experience.

My first croissant in Paris

I've always had a thing for croissants. As a child, I remember eating a croissant from Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast a disturbing amount meals. But when I came to Paris, my life was changed forever.
I remember that first croissant so vividly. It was so deliciously-buttery and flaky, and it wasn't any plain old croissant--it was a croissant au jambon. I still have dreams about it. I don't think I will ever be able to eat a croissant in America ever again.

CEA Paris

I really enjoyed my experience studying abroad in Paris, France. The teachers are very nice and are willing to work with you about course work. The CEA Paris Headquaters in Paris is in a very nice neighborhood. I wish that CEA had more of a community building thing because there are individuals in this program that I do not know. I cannot wait to spend another semester in Paris with CEA! YAY I cannot wait!

I wish there was more of community building experience because I do not know many of these individuals in this program.

I had a great time with cea Paris. The program was very small however and very cliquey, which was sometimes difficult. I had some really amazing professors however and felt I learned a lot. The staff was pretty helpful if the problem wasnt major but i sometimes felt they could have done more but wouldnt. thats partly french culture however and needs to be taken into account. overall i would do it all again though

more programming to bring students together

About CEA Study Abroad

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and...