CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France

CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France

Imagine spending a semester in Paris, the embodiment of fine art, cuisine, and fashion. Home to one of the world’s most beautiful skylines, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Notre-Dame, and the enchanting Seine River, Paris has an incredible history. Experience the beauty of Paris easily by taking the Metro or with the city’s famed public bike system.

Choose from a wide range of courses offered in both English and French. CEA partners with Paris-Sorbonne University, The Catholic University of Paris, and Novancia Business School and has a Paris Study Center. You can take courses at one of these partner institutions, at the CEA Paris Study Center, or enroll in hybrid learning program.

In addition to Study Abroad programs, explore CEA Internships Abroad, our dynamic program that provides hands-on, practical experience to help you rise above the competition.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
Sociology
High School Diploma
J-Term
Dormitory
Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.

Mika
Illinois State University

Life Changer

My experience studying abroad shaped the way I want to live my life. The professors were personable and adaptable, the housing was clean and accessible, and the country was inclusive. Because of this experience, I decided to continue my education and am now in a master’s program for Intercultural Communication. I can’t wait to live in France and I know I have support when I return from the friends I have made there and staff I have met.

This program provided all of the necessities and gave cultural and diversity training, which was amazing to be apart of. It would be beneficial to continue the training to last more than just a day, as I’ve learned a ton from it.

Kayla
Leawood, Kansas
Belmont University

Great experience with CEA!

I absolutely loved my semester with CEA. Professors and staff members were fantastic, it was easy to make friends, and I enjoyed everything CEA had to offer (excursions, activities, and information for getting involved outside CEA). My only complaints would be when it comes to course difficulty and absence policy. The courses were a lot more difficult than I was anticipating for study abroad, and I felt as though the absence policy was a lot stricter than necessary. Nevertheless, I had an incredible time with CEA, and I would absolutely recommend CEA Paris to anyone.

Kiana
Huntington Beach

Bad First Impression and Poor System of Assigning Roommates

I am giving CEA a 1 star for their disappointing first impression and for their poor system of assigning roommates. I have studied abroad once before, through a different program, where I had no problems with roommate requests. If anything, roommate requests should make CEA’s job easier when it comes to matching roommates. I had requested to be with my friend back in November, and I was with her when she accepted my request. That should be a big enough indicator that we wanted to be together. CEA is claiming that I needed to also accept her request which seems like a whole unnecessary second step. When I called CEA to ask about our roommate assignments, they were able to see that we had requested each other. When I asked why they did not honor our roommate request, they were not able to give me a valid reason. Not only am I not roommates with my friend, but she’s not even in the same building as I am in! I would have been less inclined to complain if she going to at least be placed in the same building as me. CEA should make roommate requests a bigger priority because some people choose to be roommates because of plans to borrow/share clothes, toiletries, electronics or so they can split bills on groceries or taxi cab fees, etc. It is not only inconvenient, but it also adds an unnecessary risk to our safety. Our travel plans include us arriving to airports and train stations late at night and it is unfortunate that we now have to take separate routes to get to our own apartments instead of us just staying together. It is obviously safer to arrive back to your apartment with someone, so if two people knew that they would be with each other the majority of their stay, I don’t understand why CEA would not want to honor their roommate requests. I have worked incredibly hard to save money for this program and it is so disappointing that this program does not try harder in granting roommate requests. I have talked to other people on this program and they too have said their roommate requests were not granted. I will not let this roommate mix up incident ruin my trip, but hopefully CEA proves to be more accommodating, organized, and hospitable for the remaining of the program.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Dear Kiana,

We are sorry that your initial pre-departure experience with CEA was not as positive as we would hope. When you brought your disappointment to our attention, we solved the issue within 24 hours and placed you in an apartment with your preferred roommate. We also found roommate solutions for the other students you mentioned. Our goal is to provide the most positive and rewarding student experience possible. We sincerely hope that your experience in Paris was valuable and that you enjoyed expanding your horizons abroad.

Sincerely,
The CEA Study Abroad Team

Ysabel
San Luis Obispo, CA

j'adore Paris!!

I could not recommend CEA Pais enough. I dont want to leave, none of us do, and many of my friends are even staying a year now because they cant leave! In short, | would say it is a city where you cannot have complaints, and CEA really meets you to ensure your time is even better. They were careful to match us with roommates who we are most alike, who will hopefully be my new friends for life! We were so fortunate to have a gorgeous and very spacious apartment, which can be so hard to come by in Paris, in a safe and very french arrondissement.

In Paris, you are living in a city where you will hear little to no English in passing, you basically must know at least key french words to get by, and I actually felt fully apart and integrated into the french culture off the bat. That is definitely someting I can't say about other european cities I visited. I feel so lucky to know I have really and truly had an experience where I can call it a home, and don't consider myself a tourist, because you quickly learn that you won't be treated the way you want to if you act like a tourist. I learned to adapt to a culture completly different from my own!

If you are to join CEA Paris, my one advice is, DO everything. Go to the free events: soccer games, wine tastings, tours, overnight trips, because those were where we became close as a program and | built relationships with students (CEA students) from all over the united states that I would have never met otherwise.

Lizzie
chico ca

a review of CEA

I did enjoy my time at CEA very much. 4/5 of my professors were excellent. My experience was incredible, and I loved Paris so much. Thank you for a great semester. I had a great experience with great professors, for the most part and the CEA administration is excellent. I lived in a lovely neighborhood, although my dorm wasnt the greatest (not through any fault of CEA), they were lovely and very helpful.

Coco
Boxborough MA
Marist College

Overall Great Experience

Like any study abroad experiences there are going to be ups and downs but the program CEA in Paris France is able to help you navigate through the complexities of the transitions. The classes might have been a little bit harder than I was expecting but nothing that wasn't unmanageable. The staff were very friendly and approachable so any questions I might have had could be easily answered. My only criticism would be that I think there could have been more done to introduce the students to one another to make it easier to branch out an meet new people.

Jordan
Boulder, CO
Humboldt State University

La Vie en France

Taking a leap of faith in coming to Paris, I could not be happier with my experiance. Especially with how much I have grown as an independant individual. Getting to know locals and making friends in the city and in my dorm has made contacts that I will have for the rest of my life. I know I will be back here soon, and don't want my experiance to end. Greatful for this opportunity. Taking a leap of faith in coming to Paris, I could not be happier with my experiance. Especially with how much I have grown as an independant individual. Getting to know locals and making friends in the city and in my dorm has made contacts that I will have for the rest of my life. I know I will be back here soon, and don't want my experiance to end. Greatful for this opportunity.

Ease up on the homework.

Sara
San Diego, CA

Secrets of Paris

I really really enjoyed the semester overall! We got to participate in lots of adventures with the program. At the end of the semester I was able to present what I had learned this semester to my peers and get to see what they had worked on as well. This entire program was such an amazing experience and I met so many wonderful people through it. I lived in a dorm and was able to meet a lot of international students and learn about their lives and it was really great!

I think my only recommendation is maybe how the money is spent and seeing more directly going towards our experience.

Danny
Higganum
Marist College

My first croissant in Paris

I've always had a thing for croissants. As a child, I remember eating a croissant from Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast a disturbing amount meals. But when I came to Paris, my life was changed forever.
I remember that first croissant so vividly. It was so deliciously-buttery and flaky, and it wasn't any plain old croissant--it was a croissant au jambon. I still have dreams about it. I don't think I will ever be able to eat a croissant in America ever again.

Devon
Charleston
College of Charleston

CEA Paris

I really enjoyed my experience studying abroad in Paris, France. The teachers are very nice and are willing to work with you about course work. The CEA Paris Headquaters in Paris is in a very nice neighborhood. I wish that CEA had more of a community building thing because there are individuals in this program that I do not know. I cannot wait to spend another semester in Paris with CEA! YAY I cannot wait!

I wish there was more of community building experience because I do not know many of these individuals in this program.

Jacqeline
livermore
University of San Diego

CEA

I had a great time with cea Paris. The program was very small however and very cliquey, which was sometimes difficult. I had some really amazing professors however and felt I learned a lot. The staff was pretty helpful if the problem wasnt major but i sometimes felt they could have done more but wouldnt. thats partly french culture however and needs to be taken into account. overall i would do it all again though

more programming to bring students together

Susan
Melville

I miss you everyday, Paris.

Studying abroad in Paris with CEA was one of the most amazing experiences, if not the best, of my life. There is not a single day that goes by when I do not miss it!

I dreamed of visiting Paris ever since I was ten, and finally got to go ten years later when I was twenty. Prior to my departure, I felt very nervous, anxious, and excited. CEA did a wonderful job working with me before I left, while I was abroad, and even after I returned. The team at HQ in Phoenix, AZ was available to answer every one of my emails and phone calls when I felt stressed about all the little things I needed to do before departing. They provided me with helpful information, and reassured me. On-site in Paris, the staff was wonderful. In particular, Anne-Cecile, is a gem. She greets everyone with a wonderfully positive attitude everyday at the CEA center, and seems to have an answer to all the students' questions. Anne-Cecile and I had the opportunity to even go and do some community service with an NGO called AutreMonde in Paris, which proved to be a unique volunteer experience, and still equally rewarding. Even when the attacks of November 13th occurred, I remember that the CEA team on-site immediately worked to ensure that students were unharmed and accounted for. They responded quickly to the situation, and offered students the support and resources we needed. I ultimately decided to remain in Paris following the attacks, and continued to appreciate every day and every minute that I had left before the end of my program. After returning to the states, I felt anxious to stay connected to my abroad experience. To this day, I still maintain a relationship with CEA and continue to dream of the day that I'll return to Paris!

I wished there were more opportunities for CEA students to mingle with other international/French students, and feel more integrated into society.

Reka
Alameda

Paris

I had an amazing time, and I have to say the CEA staff definitely played a major role. Unfortunately in August the social scene was not as great as I expected, but CEA outings were always fun and informative. The housing was nice, there were a couple of students but not too many that we got to make friends with. Room was okay, for the future it might be better to put roommates together who aren't from the same school (and hometown) so that students get to expand their social circle.

Laura
Salt Lake City
University of Utah

Joie de Vivre

Thanks to CEA, I had by far the best study abroad I could have possibly had in Paris. Their orientation well prepared me for life in a foreign country and was well tailored to the needs and desires of a college student. The academics were excellent and were clearly the focus of the program, but weren't so overwhelming that I felt like I didn't have time to explore my interests in the city. The weekly "outings" helped me get to know history about the city I wouldn't have learned otherwise, as well as let me get to know different CEA staff members who all offered different advice and life experiences which will ultimately help inform my own future career and travel choices. CEA also gave me a community in a foreign country that I couldn't have found elsewhere, because they connected me to other American students that had similar interests to my own. Finally, CEA managed to create a perceived bubble of safety in a country that has been deeply affected by terrorism.
I wish I could share a story to help show just how life changing this experience was for me, but how do you share a story when what you most fell in love with was daily Parisian life? It was thrilling to become accustomed to walking through the streets of Paris to class every morning surrounded by other French speaking individuals (amazing to me as I've studied French for years and have never been able to immerse myself so much into it). I fell in love with spending time people watching at Jardin du Luxembourg, or the steps of Sacre Coeur, or walking along the Seine. I will always cherish memories of picnicking with friends in front of the Eiffel Tower, enjoying each others company and laughing about the antics of tourists vs. locals. It's likely I would have had an amazing time in this city no matter which program I decided to go through, but after the two months I had, it would be impossible not to recommend CEA to fellow world travelers.

Response time from CEA staff about student needs could be a little quicker.

Emily
Encinitas, California

Inoubliable- Unforgettable

My absolute favorite day in Paris happened almost by chance. A friend and I had planned to go to the Museé d'Orsay after class but it was closed when we got there. Until we figured out something else to do, we decided to stroll around Les Jardins Tuileries which is right across the Seine. We walked around for a little while and then sat down on a bench in front of some statues and simply watched people. We made up stories about who they were and what they might be saying. We walked around a little while longer and then decided to go to Montemartre and explore around the famous streets that inspired various artists and writers such as Hemingway and Fitzgerald. We took the metro and ended up having to climb about five flights of stairs in this beautifully painted winding stairwell to get to the street. At the top, it opened up to a little square with vendors and stands, many of which selling food. So, as any other Parisian would do, we ordered crêpes and continued our journey. At the top of Montemartre is the very famous Sacre Cœur and we decided to walk the many many stairs to get to it. Once there, we admired the astonishing view that looks out over the entire city of Paris. We took a quick tour inside and decided to wander around the streets of Montemartre. We stumbled upon some incredible art galleries with stone walls, beautiful paintings, and with old French jazz music playing in the background. We talked with some of the owners in French and to be able to have such an experience made my heart melt. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have gone abroad and to have done so with such a great program as CEA. So study abroad! You won't regret it. E

Alexander
Washington, DC
Yale University

Amazing experience, easy workload

I was a part of the CEA program in Paris of fall 2015. I had an unbelievably great time meeting new people, exploring an amazing city, and learning about life abroad. Being outside of the United States at such a sensitive time politically provided a truly valuable learning experience and gave me access to a unique perspective of viewing my country and my culture from the outside. The other participants in CEA were all extraordinarily interesting, and each and everyone of them challenged me to grow in different ways: intellectually, socially, and personally.
The CEA office is outstanding. The staff is genuine and sincere, and they are constantly on the look out to make sure you are safe while still granting you the freedom that makes study abroad so liberating. Weekend trips with friends were an amazing bonus of being in Europe, and during my time in Paris I was able to take trips to Munich, Cologne, Madrid, Barcelona, and London.
Paris is an expensive city to live in, so just be aware that while the program is reasonably priced as far as study abroad programs go, you will be responsible for ALL metro (60 euros a month), food, and recreational costs (with the exception of a few excursions).
The part I was most disappointed in was the academic aspect. I participated in the ICP (Institut Catholique de Paris) program in which my classes were exclusively in french. While I did love my professor and classes, I felt as though CEA itself did not adequately encourage french immersion or integration into french society. This is probably because many students there didn't speak much french and didn't consider language acquisition a main goal of theirs, but just be wary that if you are truly aiming to perfect your french to the maximum possible extent in 4 months, this might not be the program for you.
All in all, I had an amazing experience with CEA. Only word of warning to kids who are truly looking to maximize their french exposure: rent an apartment on your own and enroll independently in a french university, you'll learn more!

Erin
Dedham, MA
Quinnipiac University

A Part of French History

November 13th, 2015 is a day I will never forget. After I heard about the terrorist attacks that targeted numerous locations, many thoughts, including well wishes for victims families, ran through my mind: was it still safe to study abroad there? What precautions would be taken for students abroad? Both my parents and I were extremely anxious during the months leading up to my semester abroad. Before departure, CEA offered potential city relocations for students, as well as much reassurance that they would do everything they could to keep us safe in the upcoming semester. And that they did. They have implemented a survey system in which each student responds with their weekend plans and phone number so should there be an emergency, the staff knows their whereabouts. There is also an emergency number that students may call at any point during their semester. All in all, this was a stressful time on my parents, but CEA's staff made it that much easier on all of us. It is also pretty gratifying to know that I am a part of French history that will never be forgotten.

I personally think the excursion/activities itinerary release could be a bit more organized. For example, we had a trip to Provence that was an overnight stay. We received our information about meeting time/location, schedule, etc. about one-two days in advance. I personally would have liked to know about a week in advance, especially if it was an overnight trip. But, the excursions themselves were well organized and a lot of fun!

Karisa
Burlington, Vermont
Champlain College

Made the best of friends in Paris!

My semester in Paris was one of my favorite experiences of my undergrad career. I decided to study abroad in Paris on my own and was very surprised by the wonderful friends I made during my time at CEA Paris. When I think about my semester abroad, most memories that come to mind involve those friends. We traveled together to Amsterdam, Rome, and all over France. We visited sites and places like the Anne Frank House, the Colosseum, and a couple vineyards too! We also had our own Thanksgiving celebration at my apartment in Paris where we invited all our friends and made different cultural dishes to celebrate being in Paris together and being each other's "family" for the semester. It was one of the most memorable nights I had in Paris and I'm really thankful for all the great friendships I made when I lived in Paris. :)

I wish that I could have attended more of the extracurricular activities like going to L'Opera or going to do a specific activity in the city. There were so many different and fun activities, it was hard to only choose a few!

Alexandra
Virginia
James Madison University

10/10 would recommend

People always warn you about the nerves and sadness you feel before you get to your study abroad destination, but they never tell you how you'll feel when you have to return home. That emotion is so hard to comprehend, especially after you fall in love with a city, people, and a study abroad program.

Overall, CEA Study Abroad allowed me to challenge myself and honestly just grow as a person. I became more independent and found new passions in art and politics while also getting to explore old ones in things like travel and exploration. The program even allowed me to shape what I want to study based on the people I had met and the conversations we had had. I can honestly say that after studying abroad, I can't imagine where I'd be right now without those memories, experiences, and friendships. the entire experience is truly inspiring and has driven me to do things at my home university that I could never have imagined doing. CEA was such a great program that had the best staff, and the greatest mix of students that come from all over the country. I would highly recommend CEA to other students especially after seeing all the program has done for me. I am 100% ready to return to Paris and plan on doing so after I graduate from school. Basically, thank you CEA for giving me some of the best moments of my life!

Kacie
Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin- Madison

Great Semester Abroad!

Studying abroad in Paris through CEA was probably one of the best semesters of my college career.

I loved CEA because it is more than just taking the same old classes in a different location. Every class I took had some sort of relationship to French culture, whether it was a History of Fashion in Paris class or Oenology where we learned about the different wine regions of France (and of course got to taste them all too!). I never felt like I was stuck inside studying on a beautiful day in Paris. Most of the classes I took had excursions as part of the curriculum, so I was constantly exploring new parts of the city. Through the Liberal arts and Social Sciences program, there are never classes on Fridays so I had an extra day to travel during my weekends exploring Europe.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I still keep in touch with them today! They are very knowledgeable about the city as well as problems that a lot of students go through when living in a foreign country.

Andrea
Burbank, California
California State University- Northridge

Great experience, would definitely recommend!

Upon deciding to study abroad, I constantly wondered what the living situations would be like, what the difficulty of the classes were like, how I would adjust to being in a foreign country, and how I would manage without knowing very much French. Luckily, the staff at CEA really helped me with my pre departure process and were able to answer ALL the questions that I had (and there were many).
Once in Paris, CEA prepped all their students during the first week after arrival. They shared a lot of advice and gave us do's and don'ts so we knew what to expect while being abroad. Until the very last day of my program, I remembered every little detail of information they shared with us because it was so helpful.
I opted for a shared apartment and it exceeded all expectations I had. The apartment was more spacious than I was expecting it to be. Although I should have packed lighter for my time abroad, we were still provided plenty of space for all of our belongings.
Classes are typically Monday through Thursday, which gives you enough time to take weekend trips to other cities like Barcelona, London, and Rome! Weekend travel trips were always very exciting! One of my favorite parts of my semester abroad was traveling with the group of girls that I met through my program. We got to experience different cities, cultures, and foods together. The excursions that the program offers were fun and it was nice to use that opportunity to get to know other people in my program!
I never envisioned that I would want to live anywhere except for Los Angeles, but studying abroad has definitely encouraged me to think globally, not locally! Sounds cheesy, but it's true. CEA challenged me in so many ways and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me!

Samantha
Miami
University of Miami

Fall 2015

I cant begin to explain the affect of studying abroad had on me. I had such a deep love for Paris and my experience that I am applying to Graduate Schools this coming fall to go back. Not only is Paris an amazing location, but the curriculum of CEA pushes you to think and test yourself and your beliefs. I will truly never be the same after my semester abroad, and the personal growth I achieved was well worth the uncertainty, and sacrifice you deal with when moving away from home if even for a short time.

Sarah
Newport, Rhode Island
Salve Regina University

One Drop in an Ocean

As an independent person before ever stepping off American soil, I never had a difficult time blending in with the crowd. I could go to the cafe and the park, and take solo walks without feeling lonely or insecure. But for the first time in my life I truly felt small. It's sobering to think about, but I feel more like a citizen of the world for it, I embrace it.

There was not a lot of opportunity to get involved with local Parisian students. My social activity was always with other international students which was great, but I did not meet a lot of locals.

parisian-persuasion
Pennsylvania State University

go with cea!

i'm very glad i chose cea paris as my study abroad program. the staff is nice and helpful 24/7. the teachers are experienced and passionate. the school's neighborhood is awesome and is in a perfect location. cea helps you get situated in the city well and takes you on trips in france & other places europe (price of trips included with tuition!). make sure to be specific with what you want for housing. some people weren't happy with their housing (dorms mostly). you can't slack and skip classes with cea, you need to go to school and turn in homework. but the teachers are fairly relaxed and you don't need to stress out at any point during the semester about school work. they want you to enjoy your experience abroad! i recommend cea to all who want to see, live, and study in paris! (best city in europe!)

less focus on mandatory class time and strict attendance rules.

Rebekah
Blacksburg, VA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Great experience

Awesome program. The staff is amazing and really nice. The classes are pretty easy. The apartments are really nice and in good locations. The city is amazing. They set up day trips and one night trip that is amazing to the south of france. The program is a good size with great people. The metro system is amazing with good hours and we take it everyday. Some of the best people and a great size program.

Berkeley!
University of California- Berkeley

Great Program! (but a few flaws)

CEA Paris is overall a fantastic program for those looking to really learn about the city of Paris. They offer several courses that involve going out into the physical sphere of the city, and using it as a live classroom.

I took Architecture of Paris and History of Haute Couture. Both classes were very interesting and I truly learned a lot about the city. Both professors of the classes were engaging, helpful, and entertaining.

CEA does a great job at providing cultural opportunities for students in Paris. Through CEA, I was able to attend a soccer match, a rugby match, and a cooking class. In addition, the included excursions to Provence, Bruges, Champagne, and Fontainebleau were a good way to experience different parts of France.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the program to other people. The CEA staff is incredibly friendly, accessible, and resourceful, and they definitely take any feedback you say to heart. Paris is a wonderful city and they do a good job to try and help you adjust to it. However, CEA does have a few issues they need to improve on, such as academics and housing, but overall, I had a phenomenal experience.

CEA's classes generally do not meet on fridays, which is nice for travel. However, when it comes to CEA's academics, the attendance policy could be frustrating at times. As a college student, my belief is that the only one who loses when you miss class is you, because therefore you missed important material. However, CEA disagrees and only lets you miss 4 sessions of a class that meets twice a week for the whole semester. While I am not one to miss class most of the time, it is frustrating for those times when I would want to travel for longer periods of time, or miss class for other events such as friends or parents being in town.

Furthermore, CEA is very strict on switching the type of program you are in once you are in Paris, which is hard because sometimes you do not realize the rigor of the situation until you get there. CEA Paris offers several hybrid programs with the Sorbonne, Novancia Business School, and other French Schools that are definitely more demanding than just the CEA program. I had several friends who realized that they were too overwhelmed in these hybrids programs, but were told that they couldn't switch. CEA Paris' Academic Dean could be a bit rude at times when people would request to switch, so if you do decide to do any of the hybrid programs, make sure you are set on it. As someone who did the Sorbonne hybrid program, I certainly improved my French by having it every day of the week for 2 hours, but it hindered my ability to travel and see the city, so I am torn as to whether or not I would do the hybrid program all over again.

Housing is CEA Paris' biggest downfall. That is not necessarily the fault of the program, but the conditions of the city itself. I was fortunate to receive the exact housing situation I wanted (an apartment in the 11th), however, I had several friends who were VERY unhappy with their housing. I had friends who were put in a homestay who did not want that at all, and other friends who were put into housing that was called an apartment but looked more like a dorm room with a hot plate and a sink. I think if CEA were to provide more apartments in better locations, it would be the perfect program. My advice would be to not take the gamble of being assigned housing, but rather opt for independent housing, and try to sublet an apartment for the semester. Not only would you be able to pick the location and your roommates, but you would also be allowed to have guests stay over, which is against CEA policy. (This is especially useful if you have other friends studying abroad who will want to visit you)

San Diego, Ca
University of San Diego

Great Experience!

This program was great, the staff was very helpful, friendly, and professional. My questions were always answered to their full potential. The ladies who run the front desk loved referring their favorite places to eat, shop, etc. (Which were always great!) The campus is very small, one building, but very comfortable and well kept. I didn't attend the excursions with the program, but I heard they were alright, that going on a trip with the same amount of money would get you more for you dime and would be more enjoyable. The housing was hit or miss, some housing was AMAZING, apartment views of the Eiffel Tower in great neighborhoods, then other apartments were small and in unsafe locations. Some places had no internet and other places it work great! I had experience with their maintenance staff which was awful, our water heater broke and we went 2 weeks with ice cold water before they came and fixed it. Other than that the trip was great and I would recommend this program!

Allison
Lancaster, PA
Snowboarding

Love of the 11th.

Selecting CEA Paris as my study abroad program was the best decision of my college career. Studying abroad in Paris opened me up in multiple ways, and helped boost my social and adaptation skills and confidence. I would recommend this program to all levels of French speakers and would suggest that they select the dorm living option--I lived in a dorm in the 11th arrondissment and was able to have not only a close relationship with my 11 fellow program members also living there, but it also gave me the opportunity to foster friendships with 50+ international students. Together we all got to know the 11th and the nearby 3rd where our school was within walking distance (located in the chic and youthful Marais. The staff at CEA Paris is incomparably vivacious, and each person made the experience that much more enjoyable for everyone in the program. The curriculum paralleled our experiences living in a city as curious outsiders seeking acceptance and cross cultural communication skills. It was a very comfortable environment, no question was off limits. All of this combined left it easy for me to fall deeply in love with Paris and make lasting friendships that span the globe. Paris is another home for me thanks to CEA.

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and exploring our many options.

Why