IES Abroad Paris – Business & International Affairs

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, IES Abroad has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Day trip with IES to Versailles
Our group trip to Versailles
Field trip to Normandy
Notre Dame by night
EuroDISNEY!
An excursion to Chantilly!
A gorgeous day à Paris!

Paris is also known as the fashion capital of the world, hosting designers such as Chanel, Christian Dior, Yves Saint-Laurent, and many more. Enjoy all that Paris has to offer while studying Business and International Affairs in the City of Light.

The Business & International Affairs Program offers IES Abroad courses taught by faculty from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. The program also offers students the option to take English-taught courses with French and international students at Novancia, the premier business school founded by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Enjoy field study trips within Paris, and excursions to important cities such as Geneva and Brussels. Or, gain valuable experience through a business-focused internship. With course offerings in English and French, and French language study, the IES Abroad Business & International Affairs Program is a unique experience for study abroad in Paris.

IES Abroad Scholarships
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

As far as we're concerned, financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and aid.

$500 - $5,000

Kamille

Paris truly is the city of love!

When I say that this program is the best thing that has ever happened to me, that would be an understatement. Paris, first of all, is the most beautiful city in the world. With such a depth of culture at your very fingertips and an incredible variety of food, how can you not fall in love? The program I participated in was so much fun and I was very lucky to be able to meet many other students from across the United States. I still talk to my abroad friends every day! I stayed with a host family which really helped my language skills and I am almost fluent in French now. I was so lucky to be able to have this experience and I highly recommend it!

I would add more mental health resources for students.
Fiqir
No, I don't recommend this program

IES-BIA - All I could have asked for in a Study Abroad program!!!

I was absolutely in love with this program. Each member of the faculty was continuously super helpful and helped us get through any practical or personal issues we faced when there. They also made a clear effort to get to know each of the students and do all that they could to make sure we were comfortable, well-informed, and happy. I loved each class I took. Studying international relations, I feel as if these classes I took at IES honestly gave me a deeper engagement in many ways my own home university's classes lack at times. The faculty and staff also organized more than enough activities to help us get acquainted with Paris and experience the city in a way we most likely would not have been able to do otherwise. From my French classes to my personal conversations with the faculty, as well as my homestay placement, my proficiency and comfort in the French language grew immensely. I can honestly say that my months with IES were the happiest months I have experienced in university and the only regret I have is not being able to stay for the full year.

Have some of the classes finish earlier in the day because some run until 6.
Gisela

Best Time Of My Life

My experience studying abroad in Paris was absolutely amazing. Right from the start, my roommate and I bonded and made other friends at orientation. I got to visit many great countries and learned so much about their different cultures. I really am blessed to have met so many amazing people, not only in my friends but also in the staff at the IES Center. Someone was always there to answer my questions, whether it was about where to eat, how to use the metro, how to buy medicine, or academic questions, they always got answered.
My classes were really interesting, they offered a variety. My favorite one was my digital marketing class, my professor was a marketing manager at Chloé so I got to learn a lot about the real world of marketing.
IES also offered many free field trips and museum visits. One of my favorite parts was that every week they did a raffle where you answered a couple of questions about Paris and the winners got tickets for the Opera, macaroon classes, wine tastings, or cheese tastings. Leaving Paris was honestly super devastating.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely try harder to meet local students
Sarah

One of the Best Experiences of My Life

I was in Paris this past semester and absolutely fell in love with this city. Leaving Paris was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced because I gained a new perspective and met so many amazing people during my time there. Through the IES Business & International Affairs program I was able to meet new friends, go see a French ballet, take a trip to Normandy, have interesting classes, meet my language partner, be able to live with an amazing host mom; just some to say the least. These are experiences and relationships that I still carry with me now and have fond memories of.

Going abroad everyone is worried about making friends, but honestly on the first day talk to as many people as you can. You are all in the same boat but you all have different stories that you can share to get to know each other more. The people I met in this program were the ones who I went on adventures with; like taking random trips to Notre Dame, eating sushi on Boulevard de Sébastopol, going out to experience Paris day/night life, or just hanging out on the Seine. Find people who will encourage you to go out and have fun because it is impossible to see all of Paris but you have to try and experience the most you can.

The IES program has a raffle every month that you can sign up for and go to different events. I did this and ended up winning tickets to go see a French ballet. It was so beautiful and was unique to me because I had never seen a ballet before. Also, IES provided an opportunity for students to go to Normandy, here I was able to learn more not only about French history, but British and US history as well.

Now moving on to IES classes they were great and the professors are so interesting and intelligent. They were so friendly and loved talking to their students not just about classes but about their lives in France. One thing to note is that the program was mostly made up of US students so it made it harder to meet people from France. This is why I would recommend choosing to live with a host family and signing up for the Epitech language exchange program.

I was nervous to live with a family that I did not know at all, but I have no regrets because in my opinion I got the most amazing host mom in the world. She was so patient with my awful French and helped me in finding new things to do in Paris. Also, she made great food and don’t believe what people say about France having smaller portions because my host mom always fed me so much, and honestly not complaining about that. I was comfortable asking her anything and she let me look at her photo albums, her husband’s music collection, etc. She is such a great person and I learned so much from her.

The language program was another great opportunity for me to meet people in France. I contacted representatives from Epitech through IES and they assigned me a language partner. I met my partner and he was so easy to talk to and really showed me Paris through a different lens. He showed me parts of Paris I didn’t even know existed and introduced me to his friends. Through this program I was able to meet incredible people who I love to talk to and experiences that I will never forget.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moment I had was when I saw Owen Wilson in the streets of Paris and was literally so starstruck that I couldn't speak or think and completely forgot to take a picture, so I'm putting that here so people will believe me.
Patricia

I would highly recommend this program!

This past spring I participated in the IES Business & International Affairs program in Paris, France and it was one of the best experiences ever! My classes were interesting and related directly to my majors, Marketing and Business Administration. I met many new people (French and American) through programs hosted by IES, and IES paired me up with an internship during my time in Paris. At first I wasn't sure about accepting the internship, but it was my favorite part of my time abroad. I didn’t have as much free time as other classmates, but I don’t regret a single thing because it was very beneficial. I gained new skills, practiced my French with locals, and I experienced firsthand what the French work environment is like. I would highly recommend this program and the internship option to anyone who wants to explore the French culture all while staying on top of your academics and growing as a person.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I'm a very "go with the flow" kind of person, but the one thing I would change about my time abroad is that I would create a list with all the different things I would like to do and places I'd like to visit in Paris. I didn't plan ahead and missed out on a few things.
Aleena

I learned so much about the French culture

The IES BIA Program gave me the opportunity to learn more about the political, economic, social, and cultural institutions in France through their planned excursions, weekend recommendations, and ticket giveaways for the Opera, Ballet, rugby games, and cooking classes. My French not only significantly improved through these immersive experiences, but also because of my host family, which was perhaps the best part of my experience. My host mom was kind and supportive, always helping me improve my French and introducing me to the different facets of French culture and cuisine.

The classes were engaging and the small size allows you to interact with both the professors, which come from prestigious universities around France, as well as the students. Coming from a university with larger class sizes, this was something I appreciated. The classes also offered excursions; I went to the cinema with my French class to watch a movie and went to the World Trade Organization Headquarters in Geneva with my Market Trends and Economics class. I learned a lot about the policies that France and the European Union implement; a lot of the material presented in my classes as well as the presentations I completed impressed employers when doing internship interviews.

My study abroad experience only grew my identity as a global citizen and shaped my ability to communicate across different cultures, which in an increasingly connected world is important. My decision to immerse myself as much as possible refined my French and by the end of the five months, I was confident and it was easy to carry on discussions in French.

I highly recommend this program to others who are interested in learning about the facets of French culture and are studying business or international affairs because the knowledge you acquire is invaluable and will aid you in the future. I also recommend doing a homestay - it was probably one of the best decisions I made while abroad.

Erin

I don't go a day without thinking about something from my time abroad!

Every single day, something will happen that reminds me of an experience I have had abroad or makes me thankful of a strength I gained while abroad. I'll never forget the nerves I had rolling up to the home of a family I had never met and knew nothing about and a severe case of jet lag. The second I got into my room and discovered my 12th story view of the Eiffel Tower, all my worries faded away. Every single night I got to fall asleep with the Eiffel Tower shimmering into my room after an amazing meal with a family that felt like my own in no time.

It was so easy to fall into a routine while abroad. Going to classes in the day, recapping classes with my host family in the evening over dinner, and going out to explore free museums and sites with new friends from my program. I've never been in a position where I could so easily translate what I was learning in the classroom to real life.

I loved everything about my study abroad. The people I was with, the comfort I felt in the city, and the learning I accomplished.

More opportunities to go on field trips
Marissa

Fulfilling Time Abroad

My time abroad was so fulfilling, and I owe it all to IES Abroad! The staff was so helpful whenever I had any questions, which was a lot of the time. They took time out of their day to help me solve problems, and they always had smiles on their faces! I was placed with an amazing homestay family who truly became my family away from home. The staff did check-ins with me to make sure that I was happy in my placement, and I always felt comfortable. Everyone was very passionate about helping me maximize my time in Paris, and I am so grateful for that. We went on cool trips, and you could even win some extra events in the center. I personally got to go to cooking classes and opera shows which are usually expensive. I loved my time abroad and I would recommend IES to anyone looking to study in Paris!

I think there could have been more bonding events with the other participants but things like that are sometimes what you make of it!