IES Abroad Paris - Business & International Affairs

IES Abroad Paris - Business & International Affairs

Paris is also known as the fashion capital of the world, hosting designers such as Chanel, Christian Dior, Yves Saint-Laurent, and many more. Enjoy all that Paris has to offer while studying Business and International Affairs in the City of Light.

The Business & International Affairs Program offers IES Abroad courses taught by faculty from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. The program also offers students the option to take English-taught courses with French and international students at Novancia, the premier business school founded by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Enjoy field study trips within Paris, and excursions to important cities such as Geneva and Brussels. Or, gain valuable experience through a business-focused internship. With course offerings in English and French, and French language study, the IES Abroad Business & International Affairs Program is a unique experience for study abroad in Paris.

Europe » France » Paris
Health Requirement
Contact IES Abroad or see website for details: www.IESabroad.org/paris
Paris

Daria

Only regret is that it ended...

One of the best decisions I've made last semester was choosing to do the IES Paris Business and International Affairs Program. Of course I was nervous before embarking on this journey, knowing I would spend the next few months in a new countries surrounded by new people. However, IES quickly eased my fears. I was placed in a homestay in the center of Paris, allowing me to practice the french that I had been attempting to learn for so long. My classes were engaging and helped me to immerse myself in French culture. I have to say that one of the highlights of this program was the team behind IES Paris. They were friendly, approachable and truly cared about our well-being. One of the organizers helped me find an amazing internship with a French start-up. In addition, one of my classes took us on a field trip to the World Trade Organization in Switzerland for a day . They truly go above and beyond! In the end, as cliché it sounds, Paris is what you make of it, so take advantage of this incredible city! I'm happy to say I've made some life-long friends and I've learned a lot about myself in the process. This program really allowed you to take initiative and formulate your own experience whether it's through your coursework and field trips or your own explorations abroad.

Michelle
Ithaca, NY
Cornell University

IES Abroad Paris BIA Spring 2017

IES Paris BIA absolutely blew away all expectations I had before starting my study abroad semester. One of my main goals in studying in Paris was to really immerse myself in the culture and people, and I was able to do so through this program. I stayed with a retired French couple in Neuilly-Sur-Seine, an amazing little town right outside Paris, I took two French classes that really allowed me to learn about the intricacies of French society and culture (in French, of course!), and I volunteered at a Parisian middle school, helping kids improve their English and participate in a cultural exchange. The staff was incredible as well. They're so friendly and truly want you to have the best experience while in Paris and France. I highly recommend this program for those wanting to studying in Paris! It can be nerve-wracking to study in an unfamiliar country with an unfamiliar language for four months, but the staff make it feel like a second home!

Have more excursions to other parts of France. We went to Le Château de Versailles, Giverny, La Valle de Loire, and Normandie, but I think Bordeaux or Provence would have been cool options as well!

Jacquelyn
University of Puget Sound

Exploration

While on that long flight to Paris all I could think about was what I wanted to experience. I wanted to see everything the city had to offer. I would go on walks for hours around the city exploring every street and metro station I could! Each day I would set a new goal to go to a different arrondisment or even just try something new at the local bakery. Each day you can make new connections with either people from your program or even Parisian locals! Some of my favorite memories would be playing soccer every Thursday with a group of locals I met! (I actually still keep in touch with a few of them through Snapchat). The main thing to know is that this experience is what you make of it!

More clarification on homestay (whether it will be English speaking or not)

Alexandra
Charlottesville, VA
University of Virginia

Amazing and Rewarding Experience

Studying abroad in Paris with the IES BIA program for my fall semester was one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had in my life. Living in Paris, practicing my french with my host family, traveling around the country and the continent, and meeting new people from all over the country and world were just a few of my favorite experiences. The classes I took at the center were all incredibly interesting and taught by wonderful professors who took the chance to get to know each student. The staff was amazing - planning trips around Paris and France to allow us to take full advantage of our time abroad. Examples of trips include an overnight stay in Normandy, a class trip to Strasbourg to see the building where the European Union meets, a trip to the Champagne region, and many more. The center also put on many events in Paris such as wine and cheese tasting, cultural discussions, and much more.

I will never forget the amazing experiences I had while studying abroad and would wholeheartedly recommend this program to anyone looking to have a fabulous time abroad!

The only thing that would improve this program is providing more chances for students to meet and interact with other french students.

Cassidy
Lorain, Ohio
Loyola University Chicago

A Year with IES Abroad Paris

I spent my entire junior year studying abroad with the IES Abroad Business and International Affairs program in Paris, France, and it was easily the best decision of my life.
Paris is a unique place to study in. The city was the most cohesively beautiful European city I have ever been in, with such a rich history and an endless number of things to do. Depending where you are, Paris can have a small town feel or a bustling city one. And French food is the best in the world.
I stayed with the same host family for the entire year and they were wonderful to me. The only downside to my IES program was that it was difficult to make friends with actual Parisians and this was balanced out with my host family, who taught me all about the French culture and language. Living away from everything familiar could be difficult at times and having a family be there for me helped so much.
The center itself took the studying part of study abroad very seriously, but it was easy to balance the school work with fun and travel. The staff was like family to me by the end of the program and they work hard to make sure you have a fun and safe experience. The center put on plenty of events and day trips in the city to show you places only true Parisians know about and they really care about each and every student.
Overall, I would highly recommend this program that made the best year of my life possible!

This program could only be improved by better connecting students with real French students.

Giulia
Italy
Loyola University Chicago

Why study abroad

I always thought travelling is an important part of a person’s life, but studying abroad helped me realize how to make the best of it. When you travel to another place, on vacation for example, you visit the city, you learn about the local culture, you come across locals, but you never really get to fully appreciate the place you are in. Studying abroad encouraged me to become part of the new city I was studying in allowing myself to enrich both my personal and academic life. I studied in Paris for a semester and it was a great experience! Not only did I enjoy all the attractions the city had to offer, but I also improved my personality. I learned how to be more independent, how to adapt to a new culture and how to be by myself. This last aspect is not intended in a negative way, in fact, I learned how important it is to be able to take the initiative to go out even if other people don’t want to because you never know what you could miss out on and what you could then tell your friends.
At school I learned a lot of new and exciting things within my major, but the aspect that enriched my knowledge the most is learning how to think about a subject in different ways. Americans might have a certain approach to a problematic which is different from the French, so one should be able to be as open-minded as possible in order to consider both perspectives.
I definitely recommend studying abroad, it doesn’t have to be miles and miles from home, the most important thing is that you feel part of the new environment, not a stranger or tourist. The experience will have a significant impact on your life and the way you look at things; it’s the best way to enrich your knowledge while having fun and travelling, what more could you ask for?

Katie
Dallas
University of Texas- Austin

BIA

Living and studying in Paris was an absolutely amazing experience. I lived in a homestay with the most genuine french woman who helped me really improve my French. (and she was an amazing cook!) The staff at IES were always ready to help, almost too ready at times. From time to time their oversight of our daily lives was overwhelming, but it is understandable that they wanted to keep an eye on us in the semester immediately after the attacks on Paris. Overall, my experience was so great! If you are fairly confident in your French abilities, I would suggest doing the French Studies program, as the business program is completely in English. Had I done French studies, I'm sure my language abilities would have improved much more than they did in my very easy French course and with my host mom. Work load for classes heavily depends on what course you take, however it is low compared to regular college. If you have trouble making friends, this isn't the study abroad program for you. There is a short orientation upon arrival, but the staff doesn't make much of an effort to introduce you to others in the program (besides a lackluster awkward 20 minute ice breaker session) before you have your first weekend in Paris.

Adriana
Oak Grove
Hamline University

A Dream Come True

Ever since I was young I dreamed about visiting Paris. IES Abroad gave me the opportunity to not just visit Paris, but to live and learn there! The classes in the business program were interesting, applicable, and worked toward my management major. I was very anxious about studying abroad but IES helped every step of the way. They assisted me through the visa process, made sure I was comfortable with my living situation, and the staff at the center were like family. They went out of their way to help us get phone plans, took us on trips to learn about the culture, fixed problems with metro cards, and much more. It was easy to make friends since we were all from American Universities and in an environment very different than our own. Overall I was able to meet incredible people, live in a culture different than my own, and fulfil my dream of living in Paris.

I wish I was able to meet more French students and make some friends who live in France.

Gwen
New York

Time of My Life

Paris est magnifique. Studying abroad is an experience I recommend to everyone, especially with the IES program who made sure that I was safe and at home in a country so far away. As a student with only a basic knowledge of the French language, I spent four months learning about the French culture, language, and marketing (my major). I came back to the US wanting to go back Paris immediately. I had incredibly intelligent professors, a caring staff to ensure everything went smoothly, and a host family that made Paris home. I also made friends from all over the world! I hope to study abroad again next spring because of the amazing time I had studying with IES in Paris. If you need any advice or incentive, check out some of my experiences abroad in my blog - https://www.iesabroad.org/gwendolynlee

I wish the program was longer.

Leigh
Holland, MI
Hope College

Paris is always a good idea

I'll admit that Paris was never one of my top dream destinations, but I fell in love with not only Paris but also French politics and society. I learned so much about not only European and French politics, but also Parisian culture and how it shapes politics and society. The professors encouraged dialogue and gave us the opportunity to read primary sources which seemed overwhelming but has greatly assisted me in making connections and helped in my later classes at my home school. Paris is a beautiful city to learn French and explore history. There is never a dull moment – there is always another cobblestone street to wander, another festival to attend, another museum to explore, another pastry to try. This international city has so much beauty and history that is enchanting! I'm so happy that I was able to spend a semester in Paris and be able to immerse myself in the tradition of the Parisian lifestyle!

This program recently moved to a new larger location, but its such a great program that it is growing so quickly. Therefore, the center sometimes felt a little small especially during lunch hour as no classes were going on and people were trying to have a quick lunch and work on group projects.

Paulina
Boston

Study Abroad - Paris BIA

I spent my last semester studying abroad in Paris. I had an amazing time and so I'm extremely grateful with the IES Paris BIA program coordinators and staff for making this such an unforgettable experience! From day 1 of orientation to the last day of classes, the IES Paris BIA staff was always very friendly and welcoming, they would always go out of their way to make sure were happy and never passed an opportunity to share with us special events occurring around the city so that we could go and explore them.

To that point, the IES Paris program had a variety of different field trips within the city, but also to other regions in France. These were one of my favorite things about the program as they allowed us to get to know our peers, but also to get immersed in our host country's culture.

The classes were also an opportunity for us to learn more about France as they were all tailored to provide us with unique insights about the Parisian lifestyle. I was a little worried about the course credits not transferring properly, but the IES staff was very helpful in explaining how this worked in order to avoid such issues.

As for my housing situation, I can only speak for staying with a homestay as that was the option I went for. I had a wonderful experience, and truly recommend doing this when studying abroad. IES did such a great job matching students to host families that everyone felt very comfortable with their living situation.

Overall a very well organized program, offering a unique way of experiencing Paris, and something I will never forget!

The program only recruited students from American universities and so there seemed to be a lack of diversity in the students that participated the program.

Elizabeth
New York
Connecticut College

Paris Calls

What I loved most about going abroad was the independence. I had the opportunity to explore a new city entirely on my own. Well, not entirely on my own because I made a lot of friends along the way. I learned the language, ate the food, and soaked up the culture.
One of my favorite things about this program was the academics. I took classes that I never would have taken at my home school. All of my professors were engaging and clearly experts on their topics. Many of my professors took our classes outside the classroom so that we could learn about our topic first hand. My art history class, for example, took place in a variety of museums so that we were looking at the real art as we learned about it.
I also loved that the program offered a lot of field trips. I went to Normandy and Champagne with IES which are two places I certainly would not have gone to on my own. In Champagne we learned how the champagne is made and the way in which it is marketed to consumers. (The Champagne trip was for my Intro to Marketing Class). The program also had events on weekends where a faculty member would take students to different neighborhoods in Paris.
I recommend studying abroad in Paris even if you don’t speak French that well. I was very nervous my first few days in the city because my French is very poor, but I found that I had no problem at all! Living in Paris allowed me to practice my French. I found people to still be very nice to me even if I didn’t understand what they were saying or messed up my French. Don’t believe in the stereotypes!! The French are very nice!
I loved studying abroad in Paris and truly believe that I am a better person for having done it. The friendly faculty of IES were always there for me when I had questions or needed any assistance. I highly recommend going to Paris and having an experience like no other.

I would have liked a bit more time to travel to other countries. We got three day weekends and a week off to travel.

Nick
Connecticut
Lehigh University

IES BIA Fall 2015

IES Abroad Fall 2015 was the best semester of my life. I highly recommend that everyone go abroad for a semester at some point during their time at college. I was lucky enough to spend a semester abroad in Paris through IES and it is a program that I would highly recommend to other students. I would recommend it for so many reasons but the top three would be their academics, trips and housing.

IES BIA offers many very interesting coursing ranging from Economics, to Art History, to Green Growth. I was unfortunate in that I would not receive credit for any business classes I took while abroad. I therefore took many liberal arts classes such as Art History, Society Today, French History, Green Growth and French. Everyone in the program is required to take a French class in order to improve your skills but there are many levels to these classes and everyone will get placed in a class that suits their French speaking skills and needs. I was a mediocre French speaker going in and got placed in the 301 level class. I had an amazing teacher and had so much fun while also learning a lot of French. The IES classes are not difficult which is nice because I know a lot of people are planning on traveling and do not want to be bogged down by schoolwork. I can say that I never really did any homework and was still very successful in school. However, even though the out of classroom work is not terribly difficult or cumbersome the learning is still present. Many of my classes we would take field trips throughout the city and were able to see the art or culture that we were learning about. I had about 3 or 4 trips to the Louvre for my art history class. I also was able to go and make my own crepes for my French class when we were learning about ingredients and cooking. These kind of experiences will stay with me and I can honestly say that I will remember a lot of what I learned because when you can see or touch the learning it comes to life.

IES runs a couple of school trips which are all well organized and educational. I participated in the trips to Normandy, Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau, and Versailles. These trips are great opportunities to see your fellow classmates as well as teachers in a non-classroom setting while also experiencing French culture. During the trips you also get to eat traditional French meals provided by the program. These were some of the best meals that I ate while abroad and are way better than they sound. IES does a great job organizing these trips so that you have plenty of time to see the history or culture as a group but then you are also given time to explore on your own or with other students. These trips are not mandatory but something that I would highly suggest that every student try to participate in.

The final part of my trip that I would like to share is my homestay. I was incredibly lucky with my host family and my homestay living situation. I feel that I had the best situation imaginable but every student that decided to do a homestay was incredibly pleased with their situation and would argue that theirs was better. My family would allow me to eat dinner with them any night I was home and wanted to eat. I was also able to talk to them and ask them questions about any part of their culture that interested me. As I mentioned before my speaking skills weren't superb but they never made fun of me or laughed and I can say that by the end I could easily communicate in French. My homestay really improved my experience in Paris and is a large part of the reason that I want to go back. I highly recommend a homestay to everyone studying abroad with IES and encourage anyone worried about language barrier or cultural conflicts to give it a try because IES is very accommodating. For those who believe that apartments better suit their needs the apartments provided by IES are also great but their occupants just miss out on the cultural experience.

Overall IES BIA is an amazing program and I hope that many people chose it and have an amazing experience similar to the one I had.

Monica
Boston
Babson College

One of the best experiences I've had

I went abroad to Paris with IES Abroad and really enjoyed my experience. The program provided a lot of opportunities to learn about France through fieldtrips, the classes and the option to live with a host family. I was very happy with my family placement and the program constantly checked into make sure everything was smooth. The staff and the professors were friendly and truly interested in the students which, I think, improved my experience significantly. I was there for the attacks of November 2015 and everyone’s response and support was beyond what I was expecting.

The one limitation I think the program has is that, since it is only American students, you have to make an effort to immerse yourself in the language and culture. I became pretty fluent (I spoke some French before) through practicing with my family and asking the staff to speak only French to me, but it really is a matter of how much you want to learn.

Vanessa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Saint Joseph's University

A great program

It is unbelievable how quickly I fell in love with the city, the culture and the overall atmosphere. Paris is a unique, beautiful city that I encourage all to experience with an open mind. The program enhanced my experience immensely. Whether it was the generous, loving staff or the intelligent and personable professors, I always felt safe and at home. I lived in an apartment and I will be honest, it was not the nicest, but if you need the privacy and independence that I personally needed, then it is the way to go. It is "far" from the center of Paris, but "far" only means a metro ride away. The metro, their public rail system, is easy to figure out. Overall, I would definitely recommend this program.

I would change the apartment housing to nicer apartments, but I understand the price of living in a major city, especially Paris!

Tara
The Catholic University of America

Slowly then all at once

Paris has always been my dream destination. When I arrived in the City of Love my expectations and reality were not quite on the same level. But within a month I quickly adapted and fell in love with the beautiful city! It was interacting with the local people, eating the food, going out to the bars with new friends, walking around by myself and experiencing the city that made my expectations reality. Even more the IES Staff were super helpful and caring during the time of adaptation. Paris lives up to her hype.

The courses are difficult. The french teachers tend to lecture rather than actually teach. Frankly, I would have rather been out exploring the city than stuck in the classroom for hours every day.

Spencer

A Fantastic French Experience

I was incredibly nervous to go abroad. Although I had taken French for five and a half years, I was still worried about the immediate immersion into the culture, especially since I was assigned to a host family even though I applied for apartment housing. Let me say this: IES putting me in a home stay instead of the apartments is a decision I will be eternally grateful for. My family was kind, welcoming, and my French improved more than I ever thought it would.

As for the rest of the program, the staff is one of the nicest, most accommodating, and fun groups of people I have come into contact with in the academic world. They are willing to help with whatever you need, no matter how small the task; be it knowing how to set up your cell phone to helping you book tickets for a weekend vacation, they are able and willing to help as much as they can.

I highly suggest this program to anyone interested in France and French culture. Even if you don't speak a lick of the language, this is a great option. You will learn a great deal about yourself and your abilities during a semester like this.

Megan
Summit, NJ
College of William and Mary

A Semester in Paris

I would highly recommend IES Abroad's Paris Business and International Affairs program to all students looking to study abroad! The staff was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable about the city and culture. I was able to take classes that fit in very well with my finance major and French minor (three taught in English and three in French). I also had the amazing opportunity to take an international finance class taught by a French economist at Novancia Business School. This gave me the chance to meet and learn from native French students as well as other international students. My professors, especially my French language one, were great. Even though the academics may not have been as challenging as my home university, I learned so much about French language and culture throughout all of my classes. Not to mention my amazing host parents who taught me so much as well! This IES program is for anyone of any major seeking an unforgettable study abroad experience.

Ryan

An Excellent Semester Abroad

I had an amazing time with the IES BIA Paris program. All the staff were welcoming and friendly, the classes were fantastic, and the housing was safe. I would recommend this program to other students

Amanda
University of Rochester

Nothing but love for the City of Love

Studying abroad was one of the best experiences of my college career this far. I found Paris to be a wonderful city full of art, history, and of course good food! In terms of transportation around the city, you need nothing more than a monthly transportation pass, good for the metro and buses. My classes were challenging but manageable and I loved the staff onsite. I met so many wonderful people and loved exploring the city with friends. Paris is a rather pricey city, so budgeting was a must. Otherwise, it's a city full of opportunity for exploration! I would recommend making a list of things you want to do before going so that you can see everything. I had a mad scramble at the end trying to fit everything in before leaving.

I would love to have more access to the center. It's open 9-6 but having it open later would allow for groups to meet more easily or for studying after class

Darrian
San Antonio, TX
Trinity University

An Absolutely Must!

I studied abroad with IES-Paris BIA in the fall of 2014 and it was the best experience of my life! I became more culturally diverse and learned the language even though I was only in the amazing city of Paris for 4 months. The program was great and it involved doing things you wouldn't normally do with your home university like going champagne tasting for a course. Everyone normally says that became a changed person after studying abroad and I didn't think that I would be that person but I did change for the better and glad that I did. I hope one day to return to Paris whether it be for vacation or to work so that I can relive that one semester I studied abroad there.

A wider variety of classes might make the program better.

Jaime
Dallas, TX
Southern Methodist University

Best decision I ever made

I studied abroad in Paris at the IES Business and International Affairs Center in the fall of 2014. The teachers and staff at the center were so knowledgable, personable, and helpful that they made me want to visit the center even if I didn't have class. In addition, Paris as a city was absolutely incredible. The city gives you so many opportunities to explore French culture, food, history, architecture, art, and nightlife. The program also gave us the opportunity to explore other cities outside of Paris which was amazing. This was by far the best decision I have ever made, and if I was to do it again, I would go back to the same place and people in a heartbeat.

I wish we would've started earlier so I would have had more time in Paris!

Meghan
Holland, MI

Rich Learning Experiences Outside the Classroom

Paris BIA was the perfect balance of everything I was looking for in a study abroad program because it allowed me to take classes relevant to my major while simultaneously being immersed in French culture. As an accounting student, I enjoyed the diverse offering of businesses classes, such as Intercultural Management, International Political Economy, Business French, Luxury Brand Management, and Global Marketing. The courses I took allowed me to increase my understanding of business in a global context in a way that I would not have been able to if I had stayed at my home university. At the same time, however, I was able to take classes in Parisian art and architecture and France's history with the Middle East and Islam.

One of my favorite aspects of this program was that my professors and program directors made a conscious effort to get students outside of the classroom. My art history class met once a week for three hours, and we seemed to spend nearly three fourths of our class periods on field trips. We saw everything from Pont Neuf, Paris' oldest bridge, to the Louvre, the Musee D'Orsay, Haussmann's boulevards, and the new library, the Bibliotheque Nationale de France. In other classes, I visited the Paris Mosque and took a day trip to Geneva to see the World Trade Organization and the International Red Cross.

Outside of class, the program directors did an excellent job of introducing us to several aspects of French culture. I had the opportunity to watch France play the Netherlands in soccer, bake cakes in a French bakers, spend a weekend in Normandy, and see Versailles and several other palaces. In addition, the day to day interactions I had with my host family enriched my study abroad experience. Through family dinners, trips to the movie theater, afternoons spent baking with my host sisters, and countless other daily activities, I developed a deeper understanding and appreciation of France's unique culture.

The IES BIA center was a little small for the size of the program, and it lacked a sufficient student lounge area. However, the directors mentioned that this is something they are hoping to improve in the future, and it certainly did not put a damper on my overall experience.

Jessica
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

Fall in Love with Paris!

There was not a single component of IES's structure that I disliked or with which I found fault. This program has everything that a student could ask for: the staff is incredible, the courses are so interesting and topical, and there are tons of ways that the program can help you get to know your country of choice even more!

I would not change a single thing. Truly, IES's Paris BIA program is phenomenal in every way.

Shazreh
Washington DC

I want to go back!

Although I was always interested in the concept of studying abroad during college, I was on the fence about spending four months in a country where I knew no one. However, I am so glad that I took the chance to go abroad with the Paris Business and International Affairs program of IES Abroad.
First off, the program has great classes for Business and IR students. I am an International Affairs major so the program's offering of History, Security Studies, and Political Science classes perfectly complemented my major. The program also has a language requirement, which is quite useful in not only being able to communicate in the local language, but also to navigate certain cultural differences. We also had excursion trips to Versailles, Normandy, Brussels, and Geneva that were either offered to everyone in the program or were course-specific. These visits supplemented my understanding of French and European history, politics, and culture.
The program's study center is located within Paris, but many of the people in the program, including myself, lived on the outskirts of Paris. However, thanks to the efficiency of the Paris metro system, commuting was hardly an issue. I actually liked living with a host family right outside of Paris because the I area I lived in, Issy-les-Moulineaux, was les touristy and I had the opportunity to practice my French more and be a part of everyday French life. If I wanted to go into Paris, it was on average a 20 minute metro ride. My host family was a retired couple who I had dinner with three times a week. They often would give me advice on which museums to visit and had a huge knowledge of French culture, especially art. It was always interesting comparing American and French customs with them.
My first friend in the program was a girl who lived in the same building as me and we occasionally has dinner at each other's places if one of our families was out of town. She became my morning metro buddy to our class and I still keep in touch with her. The Paris program was made up of around 60 people, so naturally we all became close and bonded over being in a foreign city and seeing each other on a regular basis in class and usually spent time outside of class as well. I made many close friends in my program and they made my experience in Paris even better. It felt surreal picknicking with them in front of the Eiffel tower after class on Thursday or having fresh crepes right before trekking up the winding steps to the top of the Notre Dame, which was worth it when you were able to see the spectacular view of the city.
The staff of the program were such a strong support system. It was typical to have one of them greet you as you headed to class since the program consists of two building located close to the metro station Denfert Rouchereau. The staff led tours within Paris and excursions outside of the city as well. It was the norm to hang out in their office and talk to them about everything ranging from how you were coping with Paris to what American TV shows the French liked. I really felt that the staff and students became my family away from home. There was always something to do offered by the program such as having a lottery to win tickets for different events such as concerts, soccer games, and culinary classes.
My study abroad experience with the Paris BIA of the IES Abroad program was amazing and I highly recommend the program if you are looking to be part of a close-knit community in a big city. The program provided me with life-long memories.

Although certain business courses were offered at a local university, I wish they had more International Relations courses offered at local universities as well.

lus
Spartnaburg
Wofford College

Don't miss the best chance to study in Paris!

Studying in Paris with IES Paris BIA was one of the best decisions I've made! The staff members are super supportive and helpful. The academic courses are at appropriate levels, that you will accomplish your academic goals as well as have enough time to enjoy Paris. Field trips are offered through out the semester, the best ways to explore Paris and other cities nearby!

Delaney
Chicago, Il
Elmhurst College

IES BIA was did an amazing job giving me a full Parisian Experience!

I chose my program because I am an International Business major and I wanted something that would give me major related classes. I also chose my program because it seemed that they were really helpful in immersing you in French culture.

I lived in a home stay with another student and with a retired couple in the seventeenth arrondissement. I had my own bedroom, bathroom, and balcony. And everything in the house was extremely nice, and my host parents were super helpful with the French language and with ways to get around the city. It took me only thirty to forty minutes to get home on the metro and everything in the city was extremely accessible through public transportation.

The IES BIA program really created an environment where I could have little French experiences all the time. We went on tons of trips, sponsored many many mini field trips. I got to see a Parisian Mosque, bake in a Parisian bakery, drink champagne in Champagne, visit the beaches of Normandy, see a Parisian ballet, watch a Parisian rugby game, and see a French comedian. I got to do so many amazing things through this program and they were all included in my tuition.

Choosing this program was the best choice I've ever made in my whole life!!

Maybe more ways to integrate the American students with actual French people.

Lindsey
Austin, TX
University of Texas- Austin

Good Program for American Students

This is a great program for American students looking to study abroad in Paris. They are very good at getting students acclimated to the city and helping them meet each other, and the classes are interesting and taught by awesome professors. There is no class on Friday so there is lots of time to travel. I do speak French, but the majority of people in my class did not, and they did fine in Paris despite language barriers.

Housing - the apartments are in a bad location and I did not like living alone

Caroline
Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota

An Amazing Experience

I studied abroad in Paris through the IES BIA rogram in spring 2013. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The program is excellent; the professors are knowledgable and the staff members are extremely helpful.

Paris is an incredible city, not only for the arts, food, and monuments (which are quite honestly unparalleled), but for cultural immersion. I couldn't have chosen a better city or program for my study abroad experience.

Debby
Dubai, UAE
Cornell University

Paris BIA, worth your experience

As a first-timer for everything "Paris" and Europe in general, my initial thought process to "study" in Paris was rather commonplace: to live in the romance of "Paris" and with anything "Parisian" for a full semester. Believe it or not, I did get that glimpse of Paris in a nutshell but so much more.

As cliché as this may sound, this entire abroad experience really was “what you made of it.” And Paris BIA, I would say, was the perfect program to create that required balance to fully enjoy your experience. This program supports and caters to your own academic and social regimen; various activities include local-French homestay housing, internships, language partner programs, and optional field trips. The Paris BIA program also offers engaging and niche-oriented courses, allowing you seek out your academic interest. For example, due to Mr. Robert Olorenshaw’s Luxury Brand Management course, I had found my passion in luxury brand marketing, and was able to secure a summer internship at a high-end luxury brand in Paris.

I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful French family during my program as well, and they now have become incredibly partial to my life as I have frequently made visits back in Paris and in New York City to meet up since the program ended a year ago. While taking courses within the BIA program, I also benefited from taking business courses at the French Business School, Negocia, and made life-long relationships with both local and international students.

I believe Paris BIA is not one of those ordinary programs that act as a backbone of your frequent travels every weekend. Yes, you do have the leisure to experience and step outside of Paris, but know that this program is definitely worth your time and attention for that once-in-a-lifetime experience.

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student should have the opportunity to